Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Apr 17, 2010, 04:24 AM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 08:14 AM   #182
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
Got a link to info on this thing? Looks pretty rad!!
Old Apr 17, 2010, 10:36 AM   #183
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:26 PM   #184
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

One of the races I watched when I was at the dragstrip a couple weeks ago. It was a close race, I'll start taking bets on who won.

Old Apr 21, 2010, 10:28 PM   #185
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Well... the Lambo is flappy paddled with no clutch, AWD, and has 3 times the engine...

The Cavalier is sporting 40 pound rims and skinny azz rubber, mostly stock looking besides the aforementioned rims.

Hmm...

Hmm...

I'd say the guy/gal who doesn't know how to launch the Lambo probably lost to the autotragic Chevy.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2010, 09:03 AM   #186
DiaperJe|\|i3
Proud Papa

DiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete strangerDiaperJe|\|i3 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Ahh but what if its a Z22 model!! You forget the power of decals!
DiaperJe|\|i3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:37 AM   #187
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 08:15 AM   #188
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

That's awesome, hah
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 11:41 AM   #189
shadow001
Captain thread derail....

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Here's a car that's so rare,most people will never see one in their whole life....Ascari KZ-1

Only 50 of them were ever built,uses a highly tuned BMW M series 5.0L V8 belting out up to 625 HP,all carbon fiber construction(takes 340 hours to build each one and is extremely light),and the owner of the company that builds them,also has a private race track in spain,where the owners of these cars are allowed free use of their Ascari's and exploit their full potential.

No traction control,no ABS,no stability control,no electronic suspension....It's one of the purest driving experiences out there without any electronics helping the driver out in any way.

Last edited by shadow001 : May 2, 2010 at 11:46 AM.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 11:54 AM   #190
shadow001

shadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete strangershadow001 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Meet it's pure racing brother....The ascari A10

Only 10 built so far,removes even more sound insulation and makes it even lighter,revised aerodynamics,sequential transmission(pull to shift up,push to shift down),full roll cage and F1 Style instrument pod...And this says it all really how brutal it really is:

Engine: 4,941 cc (302 cu in) V8
Power: 625 bhp (466 kW; 634 PS) @ 7500rpm
Torque: 413 lb·ft (560 N·m) @ 5500rpm
0-60 mph (0-97 km/h): 2.8 sec
0-100 mph (0-160 km/h): 5.8 sec
1/4 Mile (400m): 10.8 seconds at 138 mph (222 km/h)
Top Speed: 220 mph (350 km/h)

Price: Only 650.000$...

Last edited by shadow001 : May 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old May 2, 2010, 05:24 PM   #191
shadow001

Coming back to reality,here's something that would scare me ****less driving to the limit,but it's actually somewhat plausible to buy for more drivers(i use the term liberally of course.. )

http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/cahpup.html

LS9 powered camaro with the supercharger that comes stock with it,but tuned to 725 HP and 741 lbs/ft of torque,looks awsome in that color and has a nice but subtle body kit without going overboard.

Only 24 will be built in 2010 though...
Old May 2, 2010, 06:20 PM   #192
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Coming back to reality,here's something that would scare me ****less driving to the limit,but it's actually somewhat plausible to buy for more drivers(i use the term liberally of course.. )

http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/cahpup.html

LS9 powered camaro with the supercharger that comes stock with it,but tuned to 725 HP and 741 lbs/ft of torque,looks awsome in that color and has a nice but subtle body kit without going overboard.

Only 24 will be built in 2010 though...
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33962130
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 06:59 PM   #193
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Here's a car that's so rare,most people will never see one in their whole life....Ascari KZ-1

Only 50 of them were ever built,uses a highly tuned BMW M series 5.0L V8 belting out up to 625 HP,all carbon fiber construction(takes 340 hours to build each one and is extremely light),and the owner of the company that builds them,also has a private race track in spain,where the owners of these cars are allowed free use of their Ascari's and exploit their full potential.

No traction control,no ABS,no stability control,no electronic suspension....It's one of the purest driving experiences out there without any electronics helping the driver out in any way.
I seen it, was a beautiful car, had a lot of people around it the whole day
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 07:58 PM   #194
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post

125 000$ for it???...Ouch,that's about 40 000$ more than i'd pay for one,as at that price,might as well get a ZR-1 and tune the engine the same way and i'd get a better chassis/handling and carbon brakes in the process....
Old May 2, 2010, 08:33 PM   #195
SSXeon
CAPS CAPS CAPS

SSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete strangerSSXeon once held a door open for a complete stranger

9.11 @ 153MPH

Thermaltake Core V51
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7Ghz (1.23V)
Wrath Spire HSF w/ MX4 @ 2500RPM
MSI B350 Tomahawk
16GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
4TB WD Red HDD
Nvidia RTX 2080 SUPER FE 8GB @ 1650/1935/7751Mhz
Dell 27" S2716DG 1440p @ 144Hz
Razor DeathAdder 6400dpi Mouse
Corsair K55 RGB Gaming Keyboard
Xbox One Wireless Controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 436.15

Coolermaster N200
Intel Core-i3 4170 @ 3.7Ghz
Xigmatek 1283 HSF + Thermaltake CL-F005
MSI H81M-P33
8GB Corsair Vengence 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
500GB WD Blue HDD (OS)
2TB WD Red HDD
2TB WD Red HDD
Intel HD 4400 350/1150Mhz
Corsair CX600 PSU
Dell 21.5" S2209WB 1080p @ 60Hz
Razor Lachesis 5400dpi Mouse
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 15.36.28.4332

Thermaltake Versa H15
AMD Ryzen 3 1300X @ 3.5Ghz
Wrath Stealth HSF w/ MX4
8GB Corsair LPX 2400Mhz 14-16-16-31
1TB WD Blue HDD (OS)
EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB @ 1216/1367/3500MHz
Oculus Rift Touch
Samsung 55" MU6290 HDR 2160p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
WHQL 388.00

Dell Latitude 5270
Intel Core-i5 6300u @ 2.4Ghz
4GB DDR4 2133Mhz
500GB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD (OS)
Intel HD 520 300/1050Mhz
Dell 12.5" 768p @ 60Hz
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
WHQL 20.19.15.4390

SSXeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2010, 08:39 PM   #196
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Yay for ECS!!! I would love to take my car there someday and let them have a few days with it. Their A&A Vortech v3 kit with 8psi boost would put the z06 at 560-580rwhp and ~10.20s with slicks.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:42 PM   #197
shadow001

This isn't bad.....It's sold as a 16000$ option package and sold by GM dealers to my surprise,covered by a warranty to boot....

http://callawaycars.com/las/Callaway...Literature.htm

No way the hennessy version is worth 60 000$ more,even if there's another150 HP with it.
Old May 2, 2010, 08:56 PM   #198
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

~$50,000 and 572hp and only running 11.90's?

Ouch, the Camaro SS sucks.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:08 PM   #199
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
~$50,000 and 572hp and only running 11.90's?

Ouch, the Camaro SS sucks.

Given the price,and perhaps the fact that the time wasn't even done on racing slicks,but on regular performance radials,that's actually not bad at all.

The time is actually in between the stats of the 550 and 650 HP hennessy camaros,only this one actually has a 3.9 sec 0 to 60 time,and with this much power and torque,it's all about traction at the start and gearing more than anything else.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:17 PM   #200
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Given the price,and perhaps the fact that the time wasn't even done on racing slicks,but on regular performance radials,that's actually not bad at all.

The time is actually in between the stats of the 550 and 650 HP hennessy camaros,only this one actually has a 3.9 sec 0 to 60 time,and with this much power and torque,it's all about traction at the start and gearing more than anything else.
No, what I'm saying is that ALL of the Camaro's suck. They are just simply too heavy for my taste.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:31 PM   #201
shadow001

Quote:
No, what I'm saying is that ALL of the Camaro's suck. They are just simply too heavy for my taste.

True,they are heavy suckers,but if it's about handling prowess,then there's only one for me:

http://www.lotuscars.com/exige_s260_sport.html

Runs circles on mustangs or camaros on the handling front,with only a 2020 Lbs weight,still hits 150 Mph top speed and does 100 Mph in 10 secs flat,and a 0-60 time of 4 secs flat.
Old May 2, 2010, 10:36 PM   #202
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
True,they are heavy suckers,but if it's about handling prowess,then there's only one for me:

http://www.lotuscars.com/exige_s260_sport.html

Runs circles on mustangs or camaros on the handling front,with only a 2020 Lbs weight,still hits 150 Mph top speed and does 100 Mph in 10 secs flat,and a 0-60 time of 4 secs flat.
I wasn't even talking about handling...

My point was that it doesn't impress me that a car has a crapload of power if it still weighs a million pounds. I just can't get over the fact that they made the Camaro and Challenger so dang heavy. It's ridiculous. A car with the same power but far less weight performs far better than they do even with the ultra-mega super tuned versions. Just makes me chuckle a bit.
Old May 2, 2010, 11:17 PM   #203
shadow001

Quote:
I wasn't even talking about handling...

My point was that it doesn't impress me that a car has a crapload of power if it still weighs a million pounds. I just can't get over the fact that they made the Camaro and Challenger so dang heavy. It's ridiculous. A car with the same power but far less weight performs far better than they do even with the ultra-mega super tuned versions. Just makes me chuckle a bit.

Hence why i linked to pretty much the lightest thing on 4 wheels that can still be qualified as a car,and needs a far smaller engine,way less HP,handles like like stink and to my surprise,could still put on a good show in the 0 to 60 and 0 to 100 Mph Dept.

A quote from that page follows:

Quote:
Colin Chapman,the founder of lotus is atributed as saying "adding power makes you faster on the straights;adding lightness makes you faster everywhere"

The main point is that complaining about weight when the cars we're discussing already pack very large engines to begin with,is kinda funny,as even the lighter mustang packs 3400 Lbs.
Old May 3, 2010, 05:48 AM   #204
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Hence why i linked to pretty much the lightest thing on 4 wheels that can still be qualified as a car,and needs a far smaller engine,way less HP,handles like like stink and to my surprise,could still put on a good show in the 0 to 60 and 0 to 100 Mph Dept
Nah, that's a load of crap. You can have a larger car than an Elise and still handle well, as much as you act like you know...you should know there are quite a few cars over 3000lbs that handle insanely well.

There comes a limit though, and 3800lbs+ seems to be it for me. Besides, that Elise you linked to costs $75,000.

Quote:
The main point is that complaining about weight when the cars we're discussing already pack very large engines to begin with,is kinda funny,as even the lighter mustang packs 3400 Lbs.
Are you saying that because a car has a V8 or larger engine that weight is completely irrelevant? Really? Seriously?
Old May 3, 2010, 11:04 AM   #205
shadow001

Quote:
Nah, that's a load of crap. You can have a larger car than an Elise and still handle well, as much as you act like you know...you should know there are quite a few cars over 3000lbs that handle insanely well.

There comes a limit though, and 3800lbs+ seems to be it for me. Besides, that Elise you linked to costs $75,000.

Well,it's been proven that car is one of the best handling cars in the world,Pulling 1.3 G on the skidpad,and nearly telepathic in it's agility given it's light weight,mid engine installation and suspension setup with an extremely low center of gravity.

75000$ is expensive,but it's the best handling car at that price,as for even more cornering ability,it requires a lot more money to buy it.

Quote:
Are you saying that because a car has a V8 or larger engine that weight is completely irrelevant? Really? Seriously?
Well put it this way...The coyote 5.0 V8 used in the mustang already weighs in at 430 Lbs on it's own(Ford's own information),and the camaro's 6.2 is even heavier still,so that's a fair amount off weight to deal on the front end if handling is a concern.
Old May 3, 2010, 11:49 AM   #206
shadow001

Here's pretty much what i mean when these exige's are a blast to drive:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...FORM= LKVR12#

You'll see several porches getting past,but pay attention to the early part of the video,as there's an orange 911 GT3 car there that the only one actually racing,and you can see that in the straights,the 911 pulls away,but gets reeled in fast once you hit the corners...

911 GT3 costs 112 000$....
Old May 3, 2010, 12:04 PM   #207
fO Che -USA-
Radeon Northern Islands

fO Che -USA- is still being judged by the masses

They need a poor mans lotus. I saw this car on top gear and was blown away by the off pavement abilities of the Exige. I wish mazda would have made a more powerful Miata. I drive my parents, and it really is a great car.
Old May 3, 2010, 12:36 PM   #208
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Well,it's been proven that car is one of the best handling cars in the world,Pulling 1.3 G on the skidpad,and nearly telepathic in it's agility given it's light weight,mid engine installation and suspension setup with an extremely low center of gravity.

75000$ is expensive,but it's the best handling car at that price,as for even more cornering ability,it requires a lot more money to buy it.

Well put it this way...The coyote 5.0 V8 used in the mustang already weighs in at 430 Lbs on it's own(Ford's own information),and the camaro's 6.2 is even heavier still,so that's a fair amount off weight to deal on the front end if handling is a concern.
I never doubted the Lotus's handling...

Keep in mind we were discussing the Camaro to begin with. But never mind. I'm going to just agree with whatever point you're trying to make.
Old May 3, 2010, 03:43 PM   #209
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by fO Che -USA- View Post
They need a poor mans lotus. I saw this car on top gear and was blown away by the off pavement abilities of the Exige. I wish mazda would have made a more powerful Miata. I drive my parents, and it really is a great car.
The exige is the poor mans lotus, where they make it. Importing it to USA doubles its price.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2010, 04:04 PM   #210
shadow001

Quote:
I never doubted the Lotus's handling...

Keep in mind we were discussing the Camaro to begin with. But never mind. I'm going to just agree with whatever point you're trying to make.

That's actually on the other thread....:P

Besides,the best handling cars on the world don't weigh as much as either the mustang or even worse yet the camaro,even if they do a respectable job of it given all the weight they're hauling around.

They're focus is 0-60 and the quarter mile times,using the brute force aproach,not finesse...