Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Aug 30, 2019, 08:31 PM   #4501
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

So many nice cars... still weird seeing OCN with a not yellow Corvette.

So many jellies I feel in this thread. Lol

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:10 PM   #4502
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamefoo21 View Post

At least one thing has stayed the same while you were away. My E30 still isn't on the road
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:11 PM   #4503
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:

It's been down for a year while I sorted out some problems, but it's still around. Fixed it a few weeks ago and she's prowling the streets again.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 10, 2019, 10:31 PM   #4504
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Opening warm up lap of a wet morning session...
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2019, 10:24 PM   #4505
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Old Sep 17, 2019, 07:22 PM   #4506
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Got my truck back with its new rear bumper.

So glad to have it back. It feels like a sports car compared to the POS 2019 Corolla loaner I had.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 01:59 PM   #4507
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Made it a whole day and a half clean...
Old Sep 19, 2019, 03:50 PM   #4508
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
COrsair 8GB DDR3 1600 mhz
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Coolermaster 1000 watt PSU
Samsung w840(?) SSD
http://www.tweakguides.com/Piracy_1.html

Martin Slater, 2K games, (Bioshock) about piracy:
"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
g-a-m-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2019, 03:53 PM   #4509
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Sweet ride game.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2019, 04:05 PM   #4510
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

g-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyg-a-m-e can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

thx man, i had no choice really , company lease car i'm still stuck with for a couple of years :

Full electric, max range : 180 km (110 miles) ... oof

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

"You can't afford to be cracked. As soon as you're gone, you're gone, and your sales drop astronomically if you've got a day-one crack"
Old Sep 19, 2019, 05:01 PM   #4511
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Old Sep 20, 2019, 01:32 AM   #4512
g-a-m-e
oh yeah

rofl that vial !
Ok was honestly lauging out loud

i7 3770K (4,8 ghz)
GTX 1080 Ti
BenQ XL 2540
Samsung w840(?) SSD

Old Sep 20, 2019, 06:51 AM   #4513
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Nice ride The 5 series is one of my favorite Audi's.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 04:29 PM   #4514
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
At least one thing has stayed the same while you were away. My E30 still isn't on the road
Will it be back on the road before I hit 65?

I wonder if I'll have my mid-engine Swift on the road before your E30 gets going.

Actually before any of that, I have to finish rebuilding the super sketchy VW 01M transmission for the other half. I keep trying to talk her into going manual, but she won't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
It's been down for a year while I sorted out some problems, but it's still around. Fixed it a few weeks ago and she's prowling the streets again.
What took it down for a year?

I see you got rid of the Brrrrrzzz and replaced it with a chunky but hunky GolfeR?

Heatware
Old Sep 23, 2019, 05:41 PM   #4515
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
What took it down for a year?

I see you got rid of the Brrrrrzzz and replaced it with a chunky but hunky GolfeR?
It was down for a year due to 5 nails in a rear tire, and troubleshooting an irritatingly loud belt noise. I didn't have the time or will to work on it much, so I sent the car to a couple shops that couldn't figure it out. In the end, I did what I should have done in the first place. I called the manufacturer of my supercharger setup and got in touch with their lead tech. We figured out the problem and I fixed it in my own garage in a day...

I replaced the BRZ with another Corvette ZO6. A silver one of the same year that is 90% track duty and maybe 10% street use. Not terribly comfortable driving it on the street (actual comfort and safety wise), but I do get it out every once in a while.

Bought the Golf R because the Vettes were getting a bit too focused? I wanted a somewhat sane and comfortable daily driver. I haven't really grown too attached to it yet, so the future isn't certain with that car.

The XTerra has been through hell and back, and really is just a very bad weather and straight utility vehicle at this point. It's hit a deer, got 75% totalled from hail damage, and been in two accidents. At 160,000 miles, it just shrugs it all off and keeps going. It'll be replaced by a truck or large SUV with reasonable towing specs. The XTerra isn't much to look at, but I honestly love that damn thing. It's the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. Id actually like to replace it with another, but I can't realistically tow well with it. An Armada is a consideration.

Still have the Triumph Daytona 675R. I've done track days with it, many miles on the street, and drag raced with it many times. I really like it, but it's time is at an end. I'm selling it next year and moving to a BMW S1000RR in the spring.

Now you're all caught up.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 07:56 AM   #4516
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Will it be back on the road before I hit 65?

I wonder if I'll have my mid-engine Swift on the road before your E30 gets going.

Actually before any of that, I have to finish rebuilding the super sketchy VW 01M transmission for the other half. I keep trying to talk her into going manual, but she won't have it.

Yeah, it'll be on the road one of these days. I have a goal in sight, I need the garage space it's taking up Basically need to get it driving well enough to pass safety inspection here in Texas, then I can get it out of my garage and the HOA won't be able to bother me.

Is it possible to swap to an 09A? Those things are bulletproof, mine lasted 260k and is still going with the new owner, only thing I ever had to do was solenoids. You'd need the 09A tiptronic shifter, and probably the transmission controller, but I wonder if there's a guide out there for it...
Old Sep 25, 2019, 01:37 AM   #4517
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Day 45 of my experiment, and the results are far exceeding my expectations. The shine is getting rediculous and the water beading is insane. I am over 20 layers of ceramic wax now, a wash mitt has not touched the car. I will continue until spring when I can do a proper paint correction, but so far no scratching.

DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2019, 07:02 AM   #4518
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDemon View Post
Day 45 of my experiment, ..... I am over 20 layers of ceramic wax now,
Waxing nearly every other day...OCD much? Too much time on your hands?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 08:04 AM   #4519
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy View Post
Waxing nearly every other day...OCD much? Too much time on your hands?
Some people spend their time gaming, others spend their time waxing their car. Could be worse.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:40 PM   #4520
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

The first ten were done over the first weekend to build up a big foundation and adjust my formula. Thereafter it has just been the day after it rains. Takes less than an hour, only slightly longer than a regular wipe down. This is not a traditional waxing, and I do not have to bucket wash the car. If there is no rain, cleaning once a week should be enough for upkeep.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:58 AM   #4521
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

PC Master Race

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
It was down for a year due to 5 nails in a rear tire, and troubleshooting an irritatingly loud belt noise. I didn't have the time or will to work on it much, so I sent the car to a couple shops that couldn't figure it out. In the end, I did what I should have done in the first place. I called the manufacturer of my supercharger setup and got in touch with their lead tech. We figured out the problem and I fixed it in my own garage in a day...

I replaced the BRZ with another Corvette ZO6. A silver one of the same year that is 90% track duty and maybe 10% street use. Not terribly comfortable driving it on the street (actual comfort and safety wise), but I do get it out every once in a while.

Bought the Golf R because the Vettes were getting a bit too focused? I wanted a somewhat sane and comfortable daily driver. I haven't really grown too attached to it yet, so the future isn't certain with that car.

The XTerra has been through hell and back, and really is just a very bad weather and straight utility vehicle at this point. It's hit a deer, got 75% totalled from hail damage, and been in two accidents. At 160,000 miles, it just shrugs it all off and keeps going. It'll be replaced by a truck or large SUV with reasonable towing specs. The XTerra isn't much to look at, but I honestly love that damn thing. It's the most dependable vehicle I've ever owned. Id actually like to replace it with another, but I can't realistically tow well with it. An Armada is a consideration.

Still have the Triumph Daytona 675R. I've done track days with it, many miles on the street, and drag raced with it many times. I really like it, but it's time is at an end. I'm selling it next year and moving to a BMW S1000RR in the spring.

Now you're all caught up.
So more than a few changes yet things staying the same. Yeah, those XTerras are stupidly tough, but it is a bit ironic that a Subie wagon can out tow one. I try and like the Armada, but it's got such an ugly face to me. I've heard lots of good things about Nissan's heavy half with that V8 Five-O Cummins, but it's sorta awkward 5/8 Ton truck.

Still no Rustang, eh?

I will say that the Golf R is a really nice car, but every VW, I've had to deal with takes time to love. I think it's that clinical German-ness coming through. There's lots of good choices out there right now... lol

Oooo, that Beemer is a sexy bike, I really have a soft spot for opposed engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Yeah, it'll be on the road one of these days. I have a goal in sight, I need the garage space it's taking up Basically need to get it driving well enough to pass safety inspection here in Texas, then I can get it out of my garage and the HOA won't be able to bother me.

Is it possible to swap to an 09A? Those things are bulletproof, mine lasted 260k and is still going with the new owner, only thing I ever had to do was solenoids. You'd need the 09A tiptronic shifter, and probably the transmission controller, but I wonder if there's a guide out there for it...
Well it sounds like it's almost on the road, but that last 5% always takes the longest. It'll be nice to see it back under the sun though. Damn HOAs... do they do anything besides annoy people?

I wonder if I could swap, VW has the ECU and TCU pretty tightly linked. Can't even swap to a TDI 01M final drive without the computers losing their minds. For some weird reason they also have a chunk of the ECU/TCU signals passing through the gauge cluster too.

It's getting as many of the upgrades to the valve body as I can manage but those Sonnax tools and mounts are not what I call cheap. I'm just hoping none of the valve bores are too badly worn. I'm debating putting in new plates and friction material, because I have to replace some bushings.

The 09A is it a 5 or 6 speed?

The 01M is a surprisingly fragile 4 speed... lol

Heatware
Old Sep 26, 2019, 02:43 PM   #4522
Elysian
SCAATSJW

5 speed, and I looked more into it and it communicates via CANBUS, meaning it won't work in your ALH car, so scratch that.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 03:23 PM   #4523
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah, those XTerras are stupidly tough, but it is a bit ironic that a Subie wagon can out tow one.
The XTerra is rated for 4,900lbs. I don't think I'd try that in a Subaru wagon.

Quote:
Still no Rustang, eh?
I traded my last Mustang back in 2006 for a black C5 Corvette. I've never had a desire to buy another. The new ones are outstanding, and can be made incredibly fast while being reliable for not a lot of money.

Quote:
Oooo, that Beemer is a sexy bike, I really have a soft spot for opposed engines.
The BMW S1000RR has an inline 4 cylinder.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 12:51 PM   #4524
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

Having never towed and only read about people dragging inordinately sized loads behind their Subie wagons, I apologize.

I looked it up and it is an I4 bike. Derpy... I'm shamed.

Heatware