Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old May 13, 2012, 10:42 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Terramage
Radeon Sea Islands

Terramage is still being judged by the masses

Default Endless Space

Has anyone gotten Endless Space off of steam? It certainly looks interesting but I'm not shellin out any money without hearing something about it.
Old May 13, 2012, 01:54 PM   #2
Mystik
Radeon Arctic Islands

Mystik is still being judged by the masses

same.
i'm a sucker for space stuff,
but i think i quite like single player campaigns that are well done.

since it has a very striking coincidental resemblance to the name "infinite space",
i got really excited since i loved that game for the DS.
Old May 13, 2012, 03:40 PM   #3
Fleksta
Radeon R600

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

I bought it, it seems to be a slightly shinier Sins of a Solar Empire, with a different battle system.

Instead of the real time battles of Sins, you get a turn based cinematic style based on four stages. Arrival/Long Range/Medium Range/Short Range. You choose a "card" which contains a special ability for each segment, played against the choice of the opponent. Right now the AI seems to cheat, as it always chooses the ability which counters your choice.

If you liked Sins, you'll probably like the game. Its technically still in beta, but its already very polished.

Last edited by Fleksta : May 13, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 14, 2012, 06:19 AM   #4
bobvodka
Sleeping.

bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'bobvodka once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yeah, I'd describe it as turns based Sins crossed with a bit of Sword Of The Stars.

Over all I like the game and for £18 can't really complain; I dare say like the aforementioned Sins and SOTS it'll eat a fair chunk of my time in the months to come...
bobvodka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2012, 07:36 AM   #5
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Bleh, turn based combat was hoping it was a better version of sins, in real time like sins.
Old May 15, 2012, 06:05 PM   #6
shockwave
canucklehead

shockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyshockwave can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I love space games but after watching some gameplay videos, this looks like it'll get boring and tedious quite quickly
shockwave is offline   Reply With Quote