Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old May 3, 2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Scott
I like my backyard

Scott is still being judged by the masses

Default Want to change the client update interval

How do I cange that and only that? Seems like it's updating every 5 hours instead of 5 minutes. Unexpected shutdowns or restarts roll the clock back an awfully long way per fahmon.

I got a pair of tweezers, a can of air, and some bacardi :\

-
sittal
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 03:59 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

5 hours??? the option should only be 5 - 30 mins... which client are we talking about?
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 07:10 PM   #3
Scott
I like my backyard

5 hours is only a supposition. It's the winsmp client. It's hung off and on recently so I reboot (I realize now I should probably just restart the service), don't look at fahmon immediately because it takes a while to catch on to the status but an hour or so later it seems to be on the same wu because it's showing it was d'loaded many hours ago but the progress has backed up significantly from where it was before the hang.

-
sittal
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 15, 2008, 09:02 PM   #4
Scott
I like my backyard

Update:

Not so much related to the lost data prob I think I have but I'm not going to start a separate thread. This shows how slow my machincus is working through a bitty-little 1200pt wu and take 15hr to get only 33% of the way through it. I showed the history to demonstrate that I can usually much through 1500-1800 ppd. What gives? Just a different type of wu? Then shouldn't it be worth more pts if it takes 45hr to complete?

-
sittal