Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:01 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Apple WWDC 2016 Discussion

It's obvious Apple has nothing new in the pipeline but your standard updates.

On tap:

iOS 10 and other OS updates

Apple Pay on websites

Siri that actually works (face it, Apple is wayyyy behind on the future that is machine learning; if they don't get their act together, this may very well do them in)

New Macbook Pro's that's in desperate need of an update.

Revamped (lol) iTunes and Apple Music.

Under Tim Cook, Apple has gone stagnant. Not to mention every software release since he's taken over has been riddle with bugs since quality control doesn't seem to be a concern to Apple anymore. My hand will be over the sell shares button today as I've lost all confidence in AAPL's abilities over the last 18 months. I've gotten all I could get out of them anyway. We had a nice run.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:16 AM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Still love my phone, haven't had any problems with it
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:21 AM   #3
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Still love my phone, haven't had any problems with it
Me too. I'm surprised at the disappointing 6S sales. I guess people just wanted the big screens and stuck with them (plus everyone that wants a smartphone has one).

I thought the 6S was way better than the 6, but that's tech geek talk. Regular people couldn't give more of a ****. Although, my 6S Plus is planned to be held for 3 years or more. The days of annual iPhone purchases appear to be over.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 13, 2016, 11:38 AM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

If the iPhone 7 is water resistant then I'll probably upgrade, even if that's the only change.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:11 PM   #5
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

iPhone hardware isnt revealed today is it? Im going to upgrade to 7 whatever it is cause my 2 year contract is over this year.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:13 PM   #6
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
iPhone hardware isnt revealed today is it? Im going to upgrade to 7 whatever it is cause my 2 year contract is over this year.
No. Just software.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:36 PM   #7
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

R.I.P. to OS X.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:48 PM   #8
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

New features to MacOS is nice all, but it's (as usual) too first part app focused.

How do you make a big deal about the app store, then turn around make all the new features first party app focused?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 01:09 PM   #9
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Maps extensions looks good.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 01:13 PM   #10
Elysian
SCAATSJW

This music section is kind of awful, trying to get the audience to sing along, ugh.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 01:27 PM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

People seriously applauded them making Emoji's show up 3x bigger?
Old Jun 13, 2016, 01:41 PM   #12
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Some people are really into that ****.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2016, 01:45 PM   #13
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Seems like the main thing updated in iOS 10 is iMessage Bunch of **** I don't care about.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 01:49 PM   #14
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

iOS 10 will be meh. I see nothing different from what I can do now.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 02:01 PM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
iOS 10 will be meh. I see nothing different from what I can do now.
I'm pretty okay with iOS right now, so meh.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 02:02 PM   #16
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Apple is lost.

I just don't know what happened to them.

All these demos were for minor updates to existing products, except maybe iMessage, but that's questionable.

They are demoing a coding app for 5 year olds.

The presenters were literally begging for applause.

Well, the iPhone is the only Apple product I currently own so that'll be the way it will be for a while.

We had a good run. As with all tech company's, you can't be on top forever.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 02:04 PM   #17
Elysian
SCAATSJW

So doom and gloom
Old Jun 13, 2016, 02:04 PM   #18
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Annoyed that they made no mention of new macbooks. Hopefully that's coming down the pipeline soon.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2016, 02:07 PM   #19
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
Annoyed that they made no mention of new macbooks. Hopefully that's coming down the pipeline soon.
I was at least expecting this. Their 2015 has a 3 year old CPU in it and they still want $2500 for it for Christ's sakes.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 02:07 PM   #20
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
So doom and gloom
Not doom and gloom. Just facing reality.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 02:09 PM   #21
badboy
Merc with a mouth

badboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird singsbadboy knows why the caged bird sings

This is a developer keynote so its focused around software
I only care about tvos and ios
I saw that siri will be coming in other languages in tvos so I hope its swedish

I love the changes for ios they improve all the aspects of it

What is there to complain about??

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
- True Blood
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2016, 02:10 PM   #22
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Maybe there's more. I'm sure we'll get more iOS 10 updates in September for the iPhone launch.

First party apps are appearing in the app store. The ability to remove these apps finally?

http://9to5mac.com/2016/06/13/stock-...apps/?pushup=1
Old Jun 13, 2016, 02:40 PM   #23
Elysian
SCAATSJW

http://bgr.com/2016/06/13/best-ios-1...s-iphone-ipad/

BGR's top 13 new iOS features, some of it looks okay.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 03:50 PM   #24
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
There are fans, and there are plants. If it's televised, you'll see the plants be super enthusiastic about everything.

I don't mind the emoji's stuff. Personally I am looking for better smoothness from the OS and better 3D Touch support. Also, an improved Mail app.

We'll see if the maps application is better. I barely touch it these days unless accidentally opened... because it is just crap.

Biggest thing for me was the ability to delete stock apps

Waiting for the beta to drop so I can test it out
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2016, 07:38 PM   #25
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Apple is lost.

I just don't know what happened to them.

All these demos were for minor updates to existing products, except maybe iMessage, but that's questionable.

They are demoing a coding app for 5 year olds.

The presenters were literally begging for applause.

Well, the iPhone is the only Apple product I currently own so that'll be the way it will be for a while.

We had a good run. As with all tech company's, you can't be on top forever.

after 5 years they are running out of Steve Jobs's ideas and playbook
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2016, 08:31 PM   #26
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
after 5 years they are running out of Steve Jobs's ideas and playbook
Regardless of how one feels about Steve, he did one thing well. He kept things simple and focused. It didn't always work, but he found a way to figure it out to keep that simplicity.

Currently, with as many product lines and products and what not, the level of complexity out there is causing problems and, for whatever reason, instead of fixing things and polishing it, they keep adding more and more layers.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2016, 09:44 PM   #27
Samuraicow
Radeon R300

Samuraicow is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I was at least expecting this. Their 2015 has a 3 year old CPU in it and they still want $2500 for it for Christ's sakes.
isn't there GPU (for MBP) actually based on AMD's 7000 series? which is how old? 5 years?

also:
retina < 4k
60hz = old tech
bezel size way too large (have you seen the DELL XPS 13\15?)

still sold at day 1 price of ~2-3k usd, with 3 year old cpu, 5 year old gpu, nothing going for it except that its rock solid reliable

would love to see a refresh that features:
14" 120hz 4k IPS screen with external size of the MBP13
16" 120hz 4k IPS screen with external size of MBP15
18.4" 120hz 4k IPS screen with external size of MBP17 - with numpad (and insert\delete\home\end\page up\page down buttons)

skylake cpu, TB3, NVMe PCIe SSD, mobile gpu that scores more than 10k points in firestrike graphic test on FHD because omg how many years can you make laptops of sub 3k
(some 980m\980\1070\1080 or equivalent AMD solution would do..)

Whatever happen that that mobile xeon cpu intel ware talking about a few months back? I wouldn't mind that either :X (to align this product with the "pro" part)

And they better not do something dumb like remove the Ethernet port

And can we get a sim card slot in this machine already?

wouldn't mind if:
they dropped the fusion drives for ssd only
bumped base ram to 16gb
got rid of the blue ray drive and gave us nothing in exchange

would be impressed if:
screen would be oled with crazy small pixel pitch

as for macOS, metal needs to die in fire, and Vulcan needs to be adopted, same for iOS but less important

speaking of ios... hey so that "wake alarm" feature is my best kept secret life hack, lol, now I'll lose my edge over everyone else haha.

not going to ever happen:
better thermal capacity (air intakes? less aluminium more copper? bigger fan?, more fans?)

question:
if the screen bezel was the same as it is on the iPhone, how big of a screen could the MBP17 support? 20"? 21"? that would be sick.

also, finally... new file system, 8 years late but definitely never thought I'd see the day

oh oh and .. speaking of screens
so about that "thunderbolt display"
5k it please
thanks lol (also wheres the intel skull canyon mac mini, and new MBP? why is the MBA still not retina?)
Samuraicow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2016, 09:46 PM   #28
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

At least they added mouse support for iOS and opened up the NFC API for the developers. Or was that a dream?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2016, 03:24 PM   #29
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Regardless of how one feels about Steve, he did one thing well. He kept things simple and focused. It didn't always work, but he found a way to figure it out to keep that simplicity.

Currently, with as many product lines and products and what not, the level of complexity out there is causing problems and, for whatever reason, instead of fixing things and polishing it, they keep adding more and more layers.
All that money they are spending on R&D (they spent more in the last few years than Job's did during his entire return) since Tim Cook has taken over, and all we have to show for it is the Apple Watch collecting dust in my sock drawer.

Jobs spend damn near nothing on R&D and we got iPod, iTunes, iPhone, iPad, and beautiful Macs.

Tim Cook is robbing Apple blind. Jobs would have never gone for what he's doing.

All these share buybacks are just juicing his stock options due to the increase of the stock that results. Gee I wonder why he's doing this? Oh, because most of his money comes from stock options. This is pure market manipulation that seems to be normal business practices these days.

Jobs on the other hand, produced real products and we got real results financially. The stock performed beautifully.

Tim Cook is playing Wall Street's game. Short term decisions are going to bite them later.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 09:00 AM   #30
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Big emojis = Big $ $ $.

http://www.slashgear.com/stickers-wi...rush-13444089/

Quote:
If you've been under a messaging rock for the past few years, you might not be familiar with stickers: think oversized emojis, often with animation, generally sorted into themed packs.

They're big business, too, Popular messaging service Line sold $268m worth of sticker packs last year, making them one of the most popular in-app purchases around.

Now, with iOS 10, stickers are coming to Messages on the iPhone and iPad, and though big names like Disney have made sets for Apple to demonstrate at the WWDC keynote, in reality just about anybody will be able to make their own stickers.
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote