Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 15, 2016, 02:45 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default How many of you use a smartphone as your only mobile computing device?

Just wondering how many of you use your smartphone as your only mobile computing device when you are away from your desktop PC (i.e. you don't have an ultrabook, laptop, etc.).

Edit: Should have mentioned "general computing" (i.e. things you would normally do on a light-weight ultrabook). Stuff like browsing the Internet, posting on forums, watching a movie, etc.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Last edited by Kain : May 15, 2016 at 05:03 PM.
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2016, 06:50 PM   #2
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

All I have now is my Dell XPS 15 and iPhone 6S Plus. I downsized greatly.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2016, 10:29 PM   #3
Samuraicow
Radeon R300

Samuraicow is still being judged by the masses

ehh, bunch of 20's I know use their phones as their only device (no computer, no console, no tv, no nothing, just smart phone)
some even have a work laptop that they literally don't even facebook on, like can't stress it enough, 100% of their stuff is on their phone, they are lucky if they even have any way or where to backup their photos (most just iCloud or google photos, one actually backups up on external hd)
another has a tablet, only used in-car for displaying engine\car info, goes home and leaves it in the car mounted O_o
I don't get it, nor being like that and not getting a > 5" phone, most are on S4\i6 O_o
Samuraicow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 16, 2016, 06:09 PM   #4
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

My 6s is my only device at the moment. I do have a Surface Pro 4 from work but I leave it there more often than not. I do plan on buying either an iPad pro or a macbook this summer to supplement the device when I'm at home.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2016, 07:51 PM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

You have a console that does general computing too maverick

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2016, 08:17 PM   #6
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Not I, a phone or a tablet just isn't enough.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2016, 09:43 PM   #7
ATi VGA Wonder

guest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete strangerguest once held a door open for a complete stranger

I use Office 365 and often create documents on my iPhone 6S plus and later work on them at my desktop. But I also have a laptop I sometimes use.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2016, 07:32 AM   #8
Maverick123w
WhoDey

Maverick123w is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
You have a console that does general computing too maverick
True.... it's really just a Destiny gateway for me
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2016, 09:56 AM   #9
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

nope, i do fiddle around with my phone, mostly apps and those timewasters (games). I don't like to use it for browsing though and i certainly won't ever try to watch a friggin movie on it. Never understood people who do this, i mean, seriously, even with a 5,5" screen noone would watch a 90 minutes movie...i thought, but i was wrong, obviously. Still don't understand it, but whatever.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2016, 10:12 AM   #10
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yes, my phone is my only mobile device.

No tablet, or notebook. Just don't need anything else.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2016, 02:17 PM   #11
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwards

Desktop computer since I'm almost always at a desk work or home.
Phone: Daily driver. Mostly for texting, and googling stuff.
Windows Tablet: Collecting dust.
Android Tablet: Collecting dust.
Gaming Laptop: Collecting dust.
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 2x 128GB Samsung 830 SSD's | 4TB Hitachi | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 64GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2016, 04:53 PM   #12
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete strangerEvileh once held a door open for a complete stranger

Things I use my phone and my desktop that's it
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2016, 05:47 PM   #13
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
nope, i do fiddle around with my phone, mostly apps and those timewasters (games). I don't like to use it for browsing though and i certainly won't ever try to watch a friggin movie on it. Never understood people who do this, i mean, seriously, even with a 5,5" screen noone would watch a 90 minutes movie...i thought, but i was wrong, obviously. Still don't understand it, but whatever.
A quad HD screen 1" from your face can look better than a 50" 1080p screen 8-10ft away.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2016, 05:00 PM   #14
switchAMG
FCK TRMP

switchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselswitchAMG exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

- Note 5
- Surface Pro (personal)
- Dell Laptop (work)

I have 2 gaming laptops that haven't been turned on for a year.
Old May 20, 2016, 06:14 PM   #15
GSGRUNT
Radeon Arctic Islands

GSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird singsGSGRUNT knows why the caged bird sings

Cheap BLU Vivo air I use as a phone and for texting.
Nexus 5 with bad mic I use exclusively on the shitter.
10" tablet for the cat to chase digital mice on in the winter.
Netbook print server in the spare room.
Work lappy.
GSGRUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2016, 09:54 PM   #16
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

I have a work laptop and I have a desktop for games and taxes.

For personal stuff, I almost always use my phone.

Everything on my phone is backed up the cloud, so it isn't a totally big deal if something happens to the phone. Everything important is backed up.
Old May 22, 2016, 09:06 AM   #17
Apocalypsee
Radeon Sea Islands

Apocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppersApocalypsee has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Things I use my phone and my desktop that's it
Same with me, but my phone is for text/web browsing/light gaming only. For any work related task I use my desktop. No way I would do my Excel/Word stuff on my phone.
Apocalypsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2016, 09:15 AM   #18
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
A quad HD screen 1" from your face can look better than a 50" 1080p screen 8-10ft away.
while technically that might be true, would you really hold whatever device 1" away for ~90 minutes to watch a movie? Really? I won't. But as i said, that's just me.

"Another definition of a hero is someone who is concerned about other people's well-being, and will go out of his or her way to help them -- even if there is no chance of a reward. That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero."

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2016, 05:47 PM   #19
CHIPS
The Overmind

CHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyCHIPS can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I only have my phone and my PC. I don't like tablets.

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
"Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
"A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
"Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
"It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
"I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
"Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
"If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
"It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
"If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa
CHIPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2016, 01:45 AM   #20
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have an iPhone 6S and iPad Air for computing. By computing I mean, email, calendar, clash of clans, boom beach, youtube and safari. lol.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote