Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 10, 2015, 11:44 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ice
Rage3D Spammer

ice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badgesice doesn't need no stinkin' badges

The M9's camera is awful, that's inexcusable for this day and age.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
Loose = The bolts are loose.
There = She is there now.
Their = They have their things.
They're = They're going to the mall.
To = They came to the house.
Too = That's too bad.
Two = 2.
Your = Your dinner is ready.
You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.
ice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2015, 01:01 PM   #32
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice View Post
The M9's camera is awful, that's inexcusable for this day and age.
I love HTC One phones, but the reason I never actually buy one is the camera. First with the Ultrapixel nonsense, now with M9's camera. They'd better do some improving for their next model or they'll be in trouble.
Old May 11, 2015, 11:30 AM   #33
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
I love HTC One phones, but the reason I never actually buy one is the camera. First with the Ultrapixel nonsense, now with M9's camera. They'd better do some improving for their next model or they'll be in trouble.
Photos seem to come out just fine on my M8. I don't understand why it gets so much hate. I'm no photo connoisseur but the pictures are better than my S3 ever took and I haven't taken a photo and been unhappy with it on my M8 yet.

:shrug: the camera software is really good
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 12, 2015, 06:02 AM   #34
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Now if only LG would include some normal buttons instead of these backfacing ones I'd be game. Why you might ask? Well I'd like to have some basic operation possibilities when I have my phone placed in its holder in the car The knock on feature might work OK, but volume control? I kinda need that.

Oh, and I'm worried they priced themselves out of the market. Past G phones were good for the price, but with this one they are going for quite the premium price it seems...
Old May 12, 2015, 10:12 AM   #35
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

While I like the phone, I wish they woulve used gorilla glass 4 on the front as it has proven to be much more durable than GG3
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2015, 11:23 AM   #36
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
While I like the phone, I wish they woulve used gorilla glass 4 on the front as it has proven to be much more durable than GG3
GG4 is more scratch resistant that GG3 but for drops its not that much better. LG is using a in-house coating to increase durability.

You can access volume control from the notification bar.
Old May 13, 2015, 04:19 AM   #37
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

So the battery life is worse than an S6???
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2015, 08:34 AM   #38
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post
So the battery life is worse than an S6???
Can't say since I'm using a Korean model that doesn't get 4G. On the weekend I was able to go 3 days on a single charge with my average usage.
Old May 13, 2015, 04:14 PM   #39
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Seen Advertisement up on FB, links to Amazon, and everywhere. So guess it'll be soon.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2015, 05:48 PM   #40
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
Seen Advertisement up on FB, links to Amazon, and everywhere. So guess it'll be soon.
Early june
Old May 14, 2015, 04:57 PM   #41
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombatant View Post
My M7 takes photos just fine. I honestly haven't thought camera phones hadn't improved stuff enough for me to justify upgrading, until perhaps now with the S6 and this G4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2015, 09:57 AM   #42
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

I guess this is why I'm waiting till next year, Lollipop will hold me over on the S4. Just not happy with battery life compared to all the other tech in phones. Only 8 hrs? Maybe it's better then phones before, but I just don't understand why we can't have larger batteries (even if the phone is a little bit thicker) so we can have 12+ hrs of high-use.

All the charging features of the S6 are nice, but that doesn't help me when I have to plug in my phone every 6 hours.
Old May 18, 2015, 10:01 AM   #43
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Yeah, that's kinda sad. Note 5 hopefully should be better.

But then again seeing rumors that it's no longer a phablet and just a pen version of the S6. Phablet will be something else now with lower specs, bigger screen.

Certainly hope they don't pan out to be true.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old May 18, 2015, 10:09 AM   #44
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater View Post

I guess this is why I'm waiting till next year, Lollipop will hold me over on the S4. Just not happy with battery life compared to all the other tech in phones. Only 8 hrs? Maybe it's better then phones before, but I just don't understand why we can't have larger batteries (even if the phone is a little bit thicker) so we can have 12+ hrs of high-use.

All the charging features of the S6 are nice, but that doesn't help me when I have to plug in my phone every 6 hours.
You use your phone for 6hrs without putting it down?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2015, 12:52 AM   #45
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

Eh, I dunno, seems about right, 4-6hrs depending on use, I wonder if there's any word on another "Droid Turbo" -like phone. I heard those were really great in terms of battery life.
Old May 27, 2015, 01:59 PM   #46
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The PyroPath View Post
Now if only LG would include some normal buttons instead of these backfacing ones I'd be game. Why you might ask? Well I'd like to have some basic operation possibilities when I have my phone placed in its holder in the car The knock on feature might work OK, but volume control? I kinda need that.
volume is in the notification bar
Old May 27, 2015, 03:39 PM   #47
The PyroPath
Qualified Thread Killer

The PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird singsThe PyroPath knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by night View Post
volume is in the notification bar
My gripe isn't with handheld use, but when driving. I currently own a Z1 and frequently use the volume keys when it's in the cradle. I can do that while driving and without having to look. Just extend my arm, feel the top, push the button. I can't see myself fiddling with on screen things tucked away in a notification bar While driving.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:43 AM   #48
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Thinking that this will be my next phone, i can grab it for less than $200 on a 2yr contract. From the reviews that ive been looking at, it seems to be a fantastic unit for the price. Love the camera features and the simple design of it, im also a fan of removable batteries.

I Love my Nexus5 but i just cant keep the battery on this thing charged. I dont know if its the Android 5+ that seems to be killing it or if i nuked the battery since using my Samsung 8.4pro charger. As soon as the phone starts to get used the % just drops like a rock. If i leave it off and charged from 0% its roughly 40% with in 15min, that doesnt seem right. I guess i can ultimately get a new battery but thats going to be close to $100 to swap out and I just spent $100 the other week replacing the screen as i dropped it... don't know if i want to put any more money towards an almost 3yr phone.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2015, 10:24 PM   #49
Poacan
Boobs

Poacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyPoacan can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Thinking that this will be my next phone, i can grab it for less than $200 on a 2yr contract. From the reviews that ive been looking at, it seems to be a fantastic unit for the price. Love the camera features and the simple design of it, im also a fan of removable batteries.

I Love my Nexus5 but i just cant keep the battery on this thing charged. I dont know if its the Android 5+ that seems to be killing it or if i nuked the battery since using my Samsung 8.4pro charger. As soon as the phone starts to get used the % just drops like a rock. If i leave it off and charged from 0% its roughly 40% with in 15min, that doesnt seem right. I guess i can ultimately get a new battery but thats going to be close to $100 to swap out and I just spent $100 the other week replacing the screen as i dropped it... don't know if i want to put any more money towards an almost 3yr phone.
I'm still rockin' the Nexus 5 as well. Never jumped to Lollipop on it though. Still running a customer kernel and rom from KitKat. No battery issues so far but I'm looking at this phone as well for my next upgrade.
Poacan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2015, 08:48 AM   #50
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

It's hard to think how old the nexus 5 actually is. That's what I am using granted I've only had mine for a year. Every time I want to upgrade I have to remind myself what does my phone not do for me? And I really can't think of anything.

Granted my battery life gets me through the day. Even with moderate use and listening to Bluetooth headphones at the gym for an hour with poor cell coverage I still get home with 30-40% left
Quote:

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:29 AM   #51
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

I wished i had that type of battery performance, thats what kills me the most. The phone is almost perfect other than that, siigh. I guess i can get a cheapy usb battery charger, but i dont really want to start carrying around multiple devices. Ill try to hold out as long as i can tho... also i need to see if the G4 is decent in my hands, it might be a tad large for my liking.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:21 PM   #52
Grannus

Grannus is still being judged by the masses

I got the leather one from T-Mobile. I love the phone except for the screen sensitivity. It's usually very good but I can tell the screen does not seem as sensitive compared to nexus 4/5 and lumia 925.
Grannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:51 PM   #53
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannus View Post
I got the leather one from T-Mobile. I love the phone except for the screen sensitivity. It's usually very good but I can tell the screen does not seem as sensitive compared to nexus 4/5 and lumia 925.
Whats your battery performance like? Some reviews say its not so great? Any heat issues? Meaning does it warm up like the nexus5?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 02:16 AM   #54
Grannus

Grannus is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Whats your battery performance like? Some reviews say its not so great? Any heat issues? Meaning does it warm up like the nexus5?
I'm not a power user so I get 2 days out of the battery with about 2 hours of screen time (auto brightness, mostly web browsing) before I charge it (less than 10%). The idle power draw is about 1% per hour.

No heat issues so far but it does get warm though like the Nexus 5.
Grannus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2015, 06:46 AM   #55
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannus View Post
Look for glove mode in settings. Should boost the sensitivity.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 01:26 PM   #56
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Picked it up yesterday, impressive phone i must say. UI is pretty slick and not really intrusive, some advancements over stock android is a nice welcome. Havent really given the battery a fair shake yet as im pounding the phone. but im getting close to 7hrs of full use. Thats including playing around with the camera/videos and a ton of up/downloading at full brightness. Device does tend to get a bit warm when pushed, but not as warm as what my NX5 was doing. Will give better details in a few days as the dust settles.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 01:04 AM   #57
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Some quick unedited samples

(camera geek talk) Hand held, Manual, 4sec shutter, iso1000, f1.8

Slow Mo

UHD Test

Im getting pretty decent battery life out of this, heavy use im hitting 8-10hr range, heavy use meaning lots of movies pics and screen time... no games. Normal use i can get almost 2 days, 15-17hrs when using IM a lot. Pic quality is amazing for a phone, video is also pretty damn impressive. I just wished slo mo had higher res options rather than being pegged at 720p. Manual control is awesome with the camera, i just wished it was usable with video. Even tho its not rated as a quick charge it does charge pretty quick when comparing to previous gens. Not as fast as Samsungs newest but im happy with it. Performance, solid tho i do tend to see a slight lag with touch once in a while. Im still sporting the default screen protector on it, the one that came with it out of the package, so im not sure if thats meant to be left on or not. I went to take it off but when doing so the texture and thickness seemed like its a legit protector rather than shipping plastic, so im not sure if thats affecting touch performance at all if thats meant to come off.

Happy with the phone thus far, really happy.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Jun 24, 2015 at 01:16 AM.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:33 AM   #58
Elysian
SCAATSJW

How is the loud speaker?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 09:47 AM   #59
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
How is the loud speaker?
Coming from a Nexus5, tons better than it and im happy with it... tho thats not saying much as i found the speaker and audio quality on the Nexus to be pretty crappy. Havnt compared to other devices to really see how it stacks up, but im able to hear it just fine. Id prefer front facing speaker(s) but at this point it doesnt bother me being on the rear. Id figure that my hand would cover it the speaker, but it doesnt... if anything it may help as the sound can bounce off your hand and back at you. That may change with time tho.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 10:14 AM   #60
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Held that sucker in my hands yesterday along with the S6. Beautiful phones.

Is there a reason you didn't chose the Nexus 6?
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote