Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 4, 2016, 12:44 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
KAC

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Get the G5.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2016, 06:01 AM   #92
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
BAh... my G4 took a crap on me last night. Chattn away on IM and poof, blank screen. Wont turn on. Re seat and change the battery, nothing. It sometimes boots up but its only for a few secs, LG symbol, where then it just powers off. Cant do anything with it.... Siigh. I had just under a months left on its warranty, so thankfully my carrier is sending it away for repair.

FFS
My G2 was fixed twice under warranty, and another time b/c of a broken screen.

Is it just me or does LG make phones that are aesthetically pleasing and just flat out sexy-as-hell, but are completely unreliable and very easily broken?

I replaced my G2 with a Samsung S5 and HATE it; it always freezes, butt dials and launches apps even when lock screen activated. But I'm am afraid of getting another LG phone (and damn that G5 is the sechs) and I'm not about to get a Samsung S6 or S7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2016, 01:43 PM   #93
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbitslayer View Post

Is it just me or does LG make phones that are aesthetically pleasing and just flat out sexy-as-hell, but are completely unreliable and very easily broken?

I replaced my G2 with a Samsung S5 and HATE it; it always freezes, butt dials and launches apps even when lock screen activated. But I'm am afraid of getting another LG phone (and damn that G5 is the sechs) and I'm not about to get a Samsung S6 or S7.
Bought my G3 used back in September 2015. Nary a problem. Sounds pretty ymmv, which seems par for every mfg out there.

Last edited by Lupine : May 5, 2016 at 05:39 PM.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 4, 2016, 03:13 PM   #94
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Yeah I don't blame them or anything, things break, its just damn annoying. I guess it could have been a lot worse seeing that it could have broke after the 1yr warranty and yet still owe money on it.
What ticked me off most is that they were going to give me a flip phone as a loaner... Thankfully my Nexus5 works, but the battery wont last more than 2hrs, thats me running it bare.
I will say this, 5.5" screen is the max size id go. Having a 5" screen back in my hands feels really nice. I was playing around with the LG G5 while at the store, 5.3" is the perfect fit (pending bezel/screen ratio) for my hands.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2016, 01:14 AM   #95
|MaguS|
Wrong!... SNIFF

|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh|MaguS| kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Just don't get a Sprint LG device ever... So many quiet recalls were done. The G4 had an almost 80% failure rate on Sprint.
Old May 5, 2016, 03:14 AM   #96
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:

Meh, still rocking an LG built Google Nexus 4. Runs like a champ and the only thing to break was my fault(I have it in a nice rearth fusion case, but dropped it and it fell screen down on a pebble). But, easily repaired and it's going strong otherwise.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2016, 06:22 PM   #97
chigger_ns
Do the Xmas Cart-moon

chigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultychigger_ns can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My G4 stopped working just after Christmas. Not even 6 months old. I use it at work a lot and there is a lot of moisture there. Was sent to LG and they would not repair or replace it. They said there was too much corrosion on the back of the screen and board.
It is always in an Otter box and I never got it truly what I would call wet.
I had iPhones that seen more water and snow than my babied G4.
Lesson learned. Thank God for insurance.
Old May 8, 2016, 07:38 PM   #98
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My lady still has her G4, it's been a good phone. I use the IR blaster to turn the TV off when it's time to sleep
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2016, 03:25 PM   #99
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

YaY! I got it back last night, pretty quick turn around. They replaced the whole innards, only the casing is my original. Question, forgot to ask this while at carriers kiosk, seeing that the IMEI number has changed do you think I need to unlock my phone once again? Or do you think it carries over? Ill contact them tmo but just wondering if any of you know first hand.

The only thing i miss from my nexus was the size, it just fitted into my hand nicely. Tho man i miss the G4, so quick and i also love the UI.
Old May 10, 2016, 06:39 PM   #100
Tyr-Sog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete strangerTyr-Sog once held a door open for a complete stranger

LG G3(sprint) here for 1 1/2 years, no issues.

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Zotac Amp gtx 1080 - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps -
- corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
Steam - Tyr-Sog
Tyr-Sog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2016, 05:40 AM   #101
wabbitslayer
Elmer J. Fudd, Esq.

wabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmwabbitslayer achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

OK, OK....you mofos talked me into it

I thought I was going to get a G5 sometime this month, but after comparing the specs and forming the opinion that I don't think the G5 is worth $340 more than the G4, I'll be picking up my G4 this morning

also grabbed an otterbox defender for ten bucks from the att store. not a fan of the extra bulk (i like the commuter and symmetry models better) but ten bucks is ten bucks for a damn good phone case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.
wabbitslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2016, 11:42 PM   #102
v3rninater
Rockin Broz!!!

v3rninater is still being judged by the masses

I'm loving my HTC m10! I do like the modular design, but if I want modular, I would then want Project Ara, when that supposedly comes out this year.
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2016, 01:09 PM   #103
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

So nice to have my old phone back... omg.
I was playing around with the G5, i reallllly like the design and fit and finish. I think that size is perfect for me, esp once you add a case. The G4 is a dream to hold, love the feel, bare tho... once i put on a case it becomes a bit too clumsy feeling, thats with a minimalistic as well.

I just wished it had 1080p slow-mo along with being able to view slow-mo once exported to other devices/services without having to edit it. TBH thats my biggest complaint with the phone
Old Jun 7, 2016, 05:03 PM   #104
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

So about this LG G5...

What the hell chat application do I use for text messages? Google Voice? Hangouts? Messenger? LG's Messaging app? There's something called Allo on its way? What the hell?
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2016, 08:56 PM   #105
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

My lady's G4 got replaced under warranty recently, it randomly started boot looping and getting hot while doing it. Sometimes you could get it to start Android, but it never stayed running for more than a few minutes. Of course, the first replacement got lost in UPS's system, so we had to order a second one, but her replacement G4 is good.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2016, 07:54 AM   #106
bobmitch
Radeon R520

bobmitch is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
OK, OK....you mofos talked me into it

I thought I was going to get a G5 sometime this month, but after comparing the specs and forming the opinion that I don't think the G5 is worth $340 more than the G4, I'll be picking up my G4 this morning

also grabbed an otterbox defender for ten bucks from the att store. not a fan of the extra bulk (i like the commuter and symmetry models better) but ten bucks is ten bucks for a damn good phone case
My son's phone died after he dropped it a second time. Gave him my G2...went to AT & T and looked at the HTC M9, G5 and G4. Fell in love with the G4. Gorgeous screen...great features. Camera is incredible. Decided on it, because the G5 was over $300 more (AT & T marked G4 to $358). Read all the reviews and downsides to the phone...it stays cool all the time and I don't game on the phone...so best choice for me.
bobmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2016, 01:02 PM   #107
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
My lady's G4 got replaced under warranty recently, it randomly started boot looping and getting hot while doing it. Sometimes you could get it to start Android, but it never stayed running for more than a few minutes. Of course, the first replacement got lost in UPS's system, so we had to order a second one, but her replacement G4 is good.
Are warranty replacements time-bombed, or tied to the original owner? Been considering getting a used G4, but only if I'm covered if the bootloop issue exhibits.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote