Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 20, 2012, 05:45 PM   #6631
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Shouldn't make a difference.
Did you add a sound-card, or make any hardware upgrades since it started?

Tried re-installing sound drivers? Re-install BF3 itself?
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 07:18 PM   #6632
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Hell I can't even play a game I payed 60 dollars for. I can't get away from these sound bugs. I deleted TS3, I still have skype on my computer don't know if that does anything. Funny thing is, about 3-4 months ago I was playing fine while using ts3 and or skype. This is so annoying.
Have you tried uninstalling codecs?
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:35 PM   #6633
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syl66 View Post
Hey guys, a friend and I are trying to get a server started and could use some help. We had her running pretty good yesterday but unfortunately a couple server crashes didn't help our cause. Our host has said the problems should be fixed but were gonna switch if it keeps happening.

Anyways here is the link:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...Adaptive-size/

I already see that Koz and Bobsagat added us as favs, thanks guys.

We have a teamspeak server as well, so feel free to hop in when playing.

ts.ygpgaming.com

Also if anyone is interested you can join us at www.ygpgaming.com
Added to favs, will check it out tonight
eNforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:50 PM   #6634
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post

We went ahead and switched providers. Link to new server here:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...-1000-Tickets/
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:53 AM   #6635
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

anyone know if they're planning to fix the suppression, can't even play with mk11 mod0 or any sniper for that matter because some dude is shooting his pistol from across the map and my chance to land a shot goto 0% for 10 5 seconds, what retard thought it would be a good Idea to make your gun useless because your vision got alittle blurry, the whole suppression idea as a whole is stupid to begin with.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 06:51 AM   #6636
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
anyone know if they're planning to fix the suppression, can't even play with mk11 mod0 or any sniper for that matter because some dude is shooting his pistol from across the map and my chance to land a shot goto 0% for 10 5 seconds, what retard thought it would be a good Idea to make your gun useless because your vision got alittle blurry, the whole suppression idea as a whole is stupid to begin with.
One of the devs said they went a bit over with suppression, that somewhere between the patch and how it was before would be better. Doesn't mean it will change for certain but I personally don't particularly enjoy not being able to see anything when a chopper is firing near me.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:27 AM   #6637
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

I woundn't even really care if all it was is a blurry screen, but it's taking away your ability to defend yourself, pretty much doesn't matter that you have quicker reflex or better aim because a bullet passed by you, and now you must die because the other guy shot 1st and missed.
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 10:52 AM   #6638
ECH1
deal with it

ECH1 is still being judged by the masses

From what I understand suppression should force you behind cover. But you can't "take cover" if you are out in the open. All that will happen is you will loose the ability to shoot accurately, get a blurry screen. And that's just one bullet that flew by your player, lol.

What I'm getting at is that suppression should only be "bubbled" around windows, cars, those concrete partitions, etc. You aren't trying to suppress a target out in the open, you trying to bleed the other team's ticket by causing that person to respawn.

Last edited by ECH1 : Apr 21, 2012 at 10:55 AM.
ECH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 11:03 AM   #6639
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

It's a shame that the ps3 timed exclusive deal means that there will be no quick hot fixes for the pc.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 02:59 PM   #6640
2001ppj
XeoNexus

2001ppj is still being judged by the masses

I was in a firefight with someone that was about 10 feet away, we both were full auto and not 1 bullet hit from either side. Had time to reload and run behind a wall taking no damage.
2001ppj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:27 PM   #6641
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001ppj View Post
I was in a firefight with someone that was about 10 feet away, we both were full auto and not 1 bullet hit from either side. Had time to reload and run behind a wall taking no damage.
Not to be a bugger but honestly that sounds pretty realistic!! Look at stats of how many rounds are fired for a kill in the military, it's insane.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 05:27 PM   #6642
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
I woundn't even really care if all it was is a blurry screen, but it's taking away your ability to defend yourself, pretty much doesn't matter that you have quicker reflex or better aim because a bullet passed by you, and now you must die because the other guy shot 1st and missed.
I agree with this, at most it should just be some screen effects.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:35 PM   #6643
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Not to be a bugger but honestly that sounds pretty realistic!! Look at stats of how many rounds are fired for a kill in the military, it's insane.
Yea but that's no fun. People can go play simulators for that sh*t. One thing that i absolutely loved in BC2 is that when you were getting hit, your own iron sight crosshairs would shake, but the bullets would still hit the center, so you could defend yourself with well placed shots.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2012, 09:40 PM   #6644
Xplode
Radeon Northern Islands

Xplode is still being judged by the masses

Need some bros to play with, add me up: DaddyXplode

We always skype up so it'll be nice if you have it.
Hamixda, a top-secret pc-loving-console-hating fanboy bot that spams websites with 50 posts a day. He took 3 years to develop, but they're still working out alot of bugs, since there still seems to be serious issues with his logic and common sense A.I.
Quote:
Well, it's been a LOOOONNNNNGGGG waiT.... - Chubz
Xplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 02:33 AM   #6645
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

HyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled withHyperNovae is not someone to be trifled with

I'm gunna try and reinstall and see if that fixes the sound issue.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:08 AM   #6646
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Heard too many complaints about suppression in latest patch so I updated the game when the patch went live, but I have yet to play it again. Think I will just wait til they fix it before I hop back in again. I'm rank 58 and I love the game, but the way it sounds like they made suppression seems like it would be totally un-enjoyable.
t0adp1p3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:10 AM   #6647
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNforcer View Post
Did and i just finished playing, pretty fun!
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:25 AM   #6648
Syl66
I've got nothin'

Syl66 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adp1p3 View Post
Heard too many complaints about suppression in latest patch so I updated the game when the patch went live, but I have yet to play it again. Think I will just wait til they fix it before I hop back in again. I'm rank 58 and I love the game, but the way it sounds like they made suppression seems like it would be totally un-enjoyable.

At first I absolutely hated it, and I still think it needs to be toned down a bit, but I'm kinda getting used to it now and it's not so aggravating anymore.

And thanks to all who have tried out our server. And don't be shy and hop on our teamspeak at ts.ygpgaming.com.

P.S Bob Saget your like a ninja and you owe me some dogtags.
Syl66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 07:51 AM   #6649
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

what the **** did they do to the tanks? 3 shots to the rear and it doesn't disable? What kind of bullshit are they pulling. Consistently incredibly hard to disable tanks with no active armor is ridiculous.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:21 PM   #6650
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
what the **** did they do to the tanks? 3 shots to the rear and it doesn't disable? What kind of bullshit are they pulling. Consistently incredibly hard to disable tanks with no active armor is ridiculous.
Tanks are supposed to be able to withstand a Nuclear explosion...sheesh......

I thought eveyrone knew that....

Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 03:55 PM   #6651
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
the biggest problem is their weakness against helicopters/planes. it does make flying jets more fun, but driving tanks for a while is impossible...
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:52 AM   #6652
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Players seem to be leaving this game in droves. With very basic filters, I currently see 5 or so servers with at least 24 players. Back when the game released, it seems like there were at least 20-30+. Anyone else noticed the lack of servers recently? Either tons of people are leaving or the server browser is screwy.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:54 AM   #6653
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Server browser is screwy, I see a mix of different servers everytime I refresh.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:15 AM   #6654
Bhruic
Radeon R300

Bhruic is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
They don't have the ability to balance.

Problem: Tanks are too easy to disable
Solution: Make tanks impossible to disable

The one problem DICE seems to keep running into is over-balancing. Instead of making a minor tweak to improve things, they go overboard the other direction.
Bhruic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 02:35 AM   #6655
HyperNovae
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
Players seem to be leaving this game in droves. With very basic filters, I currently see 5 or so servers with at least 24 players. Back when the game released, it seems like there were at least 20-30+. Anyone else noticed the lack of servers recently? Either tons of people are leaving or the server browser is screwy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demo View Post
Server browser is screwy, I see a mix of different servers everytime I refresh.
Yep Browser is crap. Sometimes I get a couple servers other times I get a ton. The player count is still high. I usually set my region, set 1-5 players, normal/hardcore, usually get plenty of servers.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:11 AM   #6656
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Haven't play in a little while. Weapon power changed quite a bit. My usual weapons don't have the stopping power they once did.

See a lot more glitching into terrain and objects.. Is it easier to do this now?

Need to get back into practice so I don't feel like a moving target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:14 AM   #6657
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

They still haven't fixed jets...
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 01:24 AM   #6658
demo
space cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
By that do you mean take them out of the game? Yeh I noticed they are still in the game too
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:39 AM   #6659
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perky McGiggles View Post
in what way?
Old Apr 27, 2012, 12:26 PM   #6660
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

What kinda gets at me. Is the guy who will take his time in the jet to try and mow down a single guy out in the open.

I think its just a byproduct of the jets in game travelling so slowly that it makes this a posibility, knowing that IRL circumstances the scenario would be slim to none.

Also, yanno. When the jet will drag the tops of buildings and trees and be just fine. Is kinda meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote