Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Dec 14, 2019, 02:34 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
Love that game, loved that boss fight

The art work, set pieces and boss fights are so fun and memorable in that...one of Fromsofts crowning achievements imo.
Update, I'm up to Forbidden woods and snake section, looking at player achievement stats only 3rd of owners/players made this far, which is a crime.
BEWARE!.. the lemon wheels
delirium121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:37 PM   #32
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium121 View Post
Update, I'm up to Forbidden woods and snake section, looking at player achievement stats only 3rd of owners/players made this far, which is a crime.
That is a crime. My better half just happened to have me open an early Christmas present tonight. PS4 Pro

Downloading Bloodborne as I type this. I miss this game maybe more than any other...

edit: Sorry for the late reply - completely missed your response.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 01:55 PM   #33
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

delirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydelirium121 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
That is a crime. My better half just happened to have me open an early Christmas present tonight. PS4 Pro

Downloading Bloodborne as I type this. I miss this game maybe more than any other...

edit: Sorry for the late reply - completely missed your response.
So does frame rate still tank when you attack mobs of 5 or more at the same time (e.g. the lecture theatre).

I'm up to Wet nurse and just started poking around the Castle and I'm in the last quarter of players that made it this far according to PS trophy stats (i'm making the effort to find and destroy every boss, including the sodding Eileen's hunter encounter in the chapel, which has been the worst so far).
I've also picked old hunters dlc in the sales tried it and decided to get back to this closer to end as the experience was the equivalent of wet kitten stepping in to very heavily populated Rottweilers kennel, it wasn't pretty....
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 29, 2019, 03:02 PM   #34
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
So does frame rate still tank when you attack mobs of 5 or more at the same time (e.g. the lecture theatre).

I'm up to Wet nurse and just started poking around the Castle and I'm in the last quarter of players that made it this far according to PS trophy stats (i'm making the effort to find and destroy every boss, including the sodding Eileen's hunter encounter in the chapel, which has been the worst so far).
I've also picked old hunters dlc in the sales tried it and decided to get back to this closer to end as the experience was the equivalent of wet kitten stepping in to very heavily populated Rottweilers kennel, it wasn't pretty....
The cathedral hunter is an a-hole

1. I originally played this on the first PS4, never had frame rate issues.
2. Henryk (cathedral hunter) is an ass (had to say that twice
3. The DLC has the best Bloodborne boss battle, hands down, but it takes some work to beat the whole dlc. It's genuinely tough in spots.
4. If you're questing for all the bosses, the chalice dungeons take quite a while to really ramp up, but the loot, the farming and the bosses are insane.
5. Don't miss the very well hidden boss at the very, very end. I stumbled on it purely by accident.

I'm back to the Forbidden Woods already and just can't believe how much fun I still get out of this

edit: Make sure to hit cainhurst as well...for a good time lol. That can be accessed very early on, but it's well hidden.

edit2: Did you find Ebrietas?

Last edited by Lazy8s : Dec 30, 2019 at 05:44 AM.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:13 AM   #35
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
The cathedral hunter is an a-hole

1. I originally played this on the first PS4, never had frame rate issues.
2. Henryk (cathedral hunter) is an ass (had to say that twice
3. The DLC has the best Bloodborne boss battle, hands down, but it takes some work to beat the whole dlc. It's genuinely tough in spots.
4. If you're questing for all the bosses, the chalice dungeons take quite a while to really ramp up, but the loot, the farming and the bosses are insane.
5. Don't miss the very well hidden boss at the very, very end. I stumbled on it purely by accident.

I'm back to the Forbidden Woods already and just can't believe how much fun I still get out of this

edit: Make sure to hit cainhurst as well...for a good time lol. That can be accessed very early on, but it's well hidden.

edit2: Did you find Ebrietas?
Today's bosses i've taken out on my first attempt (I may actually be getting the hang of this);
Celestial Emissary (solo'd (but to be honest this was mini boss))
Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos (used the extra character as it was available right next to the boss arena entrance).
Martyr Logarius (solo'd)

I'm gonna head back for the eye beast in Mergo's tower (as I missed the blood rock), then move on to the old hunters dlc, before heading into the dungeons.

Last edited by delirium121 : Dec 30, 2019 at 12:17 PM.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:27 AM   #36
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Today's bosses i've taken out on my first attempt (I may actually be getting the hang of this);
Celestial Emissary (solo'd (but to be honest this was mini boss))
Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos (used the extra character as it was available right next to the boss arena entrance).
Martyr Logarius (solo'd)

I'm gonna head back for the eye beast in Mergo's tower (as I missed the blood rock), then move on to old the old hunters dlc, before heading into the dungeons.
I think you already got the hang of it

It's refreshing to see someone else out there who loves this game the way I do. I really think folks who don't finish it are cheating themselves.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:35 PM   #37
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:

It's refreshing to see someone else out there who loves this game the way I do. I really think folks who don't finish it are cheating themselves.
Frankly it's nowhere near as evil as people make it out to be, the game leads you by hand most of way, e.g. here's some new armour/clothing, check the specs, tool up accordingly becuase now you know the boss's weakness, this boss arena has two possible NPCs to bring along (oh it's going to be one those sorta bosses).
etc.

Ultimately it's a RPG, follow the bread crumbs.

Also the variety of enemies is fantastic.

I stand by my original opinion, it's a system seller, it's superior to DS3 in a myriad of ways.
& if Sony bring FromSoft back to create an exclusive sequel on the PS5, I will getting a PS5.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 01:13 PM   #38
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Frankly it's nowhere near as evil as people make it out to be, the game leads you by hand most of way, e.g. here's some new armour/clothing, check the specs, tool up accordingly becuase now you know the boss's weakness, this boss arena has two possible NPCs to bring along (oh it's going to be one those sorta bosses).
etc.

Also the variety of enemies is fantastic.

I stand by my original opinion, it's a system seller, it's superior to DS3 in a myriad of ways.
& if Sony bring FromSoft back to create an exclusive sequel on the PS5, I will getting a PS5.
I agree with all of this. Fromsoft said there wouldn't be a sequel though, but I'm sure enough $$ could make it happen
Old Dec 30, 2019, 01:36 PM   #39
Lazy8s
One day at a time

I just found out you can befriend Durja the Old Yarnham hunter, and get his stake gun

Didn't know that before ....
Old Dec 31, 2019, 08:11 AM   #40
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Just a thought delirium121 - Nioh is a good bit of fun if you haven't played that yet, and it looks great at 4k in action mode too. The second one is due for release in March I think...

I've gotten back into it to do co-op with my son in law, and am just hooked all over again lol.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:00 AM   #41
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
I just found out you can befriend Durja the Old Yarnham hunter, and get his stake gun

Didn't know that before ....
Yeah i messed that one up and accidentally pushed him off the tower...

RE: Nioh2 - could do, but i'd wait a couple of months for patches.

although i really wasn't enamoured with Nioh, display wise it just seemed a bit flat and problematic trying to read the terrain, only got as far a "Deep in the Shadows" act 3, before moving on to Personna 5
Old Dec 31, 2019, 07:33 PM   #42
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yeah i messed that one up and accidentally pushed him off the tower...

RE: Nioh2 - could do, but i'd wait a couple of months for patches.

although i really wasn't enamoured with Nioh, display wise it just seemed a bit flat and problematic trying to read the terrain, only got as far a "Deep in the Shadows" act 3, before moving on to Personna 5
I love Nioh, but I can see how not everyone would....
Old Jan 4, 2020, 07:57 AM   #43
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:

Nope definitely not getting the hang of it, I've hit the Ludwig wall, first phase i can do with eyes closed, that sodding second phase everytime he's down to his last 10th he does obscene things to me.

On a more positive note, as a break from Ludwig, I've taken Gerhrman out in a 10min epic show down the last 3 or so minutes being him on 2% health and me at 20% health and no vials (bailed after the MB intro to stay in NG).
Top tip use the Augur of Ebrietas to parry him.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 08:38 AM   #44
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Nope definitely not getting the hang of it, I've hit the Ludwig wall, first phase i can do with eyes closed, that sodding second phase everytime he's down to his last 10th he does obscene things to me.

On a more positive note, as a break from Ludwig, I've taken Gerhrman out in a 10min epic show down the last 3 or so minutes being him on 2% health and me at 20% health and no vials (bailed after the MB intro to stay in NG).
Top tip use the Augur of Ebrietas to parry him.
Ludwig is one of my favorite all time boss fights. Just brutal knock down drag out

Re: Gehrman, did you get the FINAL final boss after him?

I know Fromsoft doesn't hold your hand, I love that about their games. But you have little to absolutely no semi-obvious warnings about what to use or do to get it. So easy to miss.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:15 AM   #45
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Ludwig is one of my favorite all time boss fights. Just brutal knock down drag out

Re: Gehrman, did you get the FINAL final boss after him?

I know Fromsoft doesn't hold your hand, I love that about their games. But you have little to absolutely no semi-obvious warnings about what to use or do to get it. So easy to miss.
Yep, but exited immediately after cutscene
saving that one for last.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:45 AM   #46
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

I just beat Days Gone this morning. This is a game that most reviewers got wrong. Absolutely amazing game with a fantastic story. I spent about 65 hours playing it.
Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2020, 11:50 AM   #47
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I just beat Days Gone this morning. This is a game that most reviewers got wrong. Absolutely amazing game with a fantastic story. I spent about 65 hours playing it.
Same with Death Stranding for me, people say it's a walking simulator, those people obviously never played it past the start, as more and more stuff unlock as you play.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:47 PM   #48
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Yep, but exited immediately after cutscene
saving that one for last.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 12:49 PM   #49
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
That's good to hear. I've avoided it just because of reviews, but it may go on the 'to buy' list now.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 03:47 PM   #50
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Yep that one needs to go on the list.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 07:16 PM   #51
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Yeah, I added it to my list and am waiting for a good price on a used copy of Days Gone. Game looks fun, though the poor reviews did make me nervous and decide to wait.
Old Jan 5, 2020, 12:08 AM   #52
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

If you guys do get Days Gone, be sure to continue playing after the main quest ends. There's a secret ending and some other stuff that happens after the credits roll. I did absolutely everything in this game, which is a rare thing for me to do. Left no part of the map unexplored and I did every quest possible.
Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2020, 03:53 PM   #53
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
etc.

In regards to the Old Hunters DLC I take it all back, it's difficulty is cranked up to 11, I've manged to take Ludwig down eventually, now i'm bouncing off the pain wall that is Laurence, the First Vicar....
(I even tried co-op'ing it, but the partners died in seconds, so solo'ing it).

Quick question to any veterans is Sekiro shadows die twice, the same or worse difficulty level as Old Hunters?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 04:22 PM   #54
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
In regards to the Old Hunters DLC I take it all back, it's difficulty is cranked up to 11, I've manged to take Ludwig down eventually, now i'm bouncing off the pain wall that is Laurence, the First Vicar....
(I even tried co-op'ing it, but the partners died in seconds, so solo'ing it).

Quick question to any veterans is Sekiro shadows die twice, the same or worse difficulty level as Old Hunters?
Laurence was needless imo. No tips to offer as I don't know how many times I died before finally getting him.

I completed Sekiro twice, the 2nd time because I had nothing else to fool around with.

Trying to stay as unbiased as possible, it's worth seeing as there are some real gems as far as some boss fights, environments and mechanics. There are also a lot of frustrations with other aspects of all of those.

Combat can be extremely frustrating if you don't learn to deflect (parry) and the Mikiri counter, another technique that you really need to ease up some of the fights. And it can still be very tedious afterwards.

Massive recycling of some bosses that just make no sense other than to just annoy the player.

Enemy AI is ....not great. Sometimes you will be hit/set upon by multiple enemies almost right away, other times you can saunter right up and hit groups of 2 or 3 no problem.

Others here disaagree with me, but if, like me, you are looking for a fair, balanced mix of difficult, but still fun and exciting A.K.A. Bloodborne level, then I cannot recommend Sekiro.

Fromsoftware tried just a bit to hard to be difficult and different and missed the mark imo.

It really is a mixed bag.

edit:If Old hunters is a level 10, I would put Sekiro around a 12-15 depending on area.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 04:51 PM   #55
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Yeah Sekiro is definitely the hardest From Soft "Souls-like" game, IMO. For two main reasons, one being you are stuck with one character build class whether you like it or not (just with different "upgrade" choices) and can't really "grind for levels" or better equipment in the traditional way to make things easier if you're having a tough time like in other Souls games. And two, learning the parrying mechanic is SUPER important to get through this game. If you can't grasp that you're going to have a really tough time.

I accept Sekiro is always going to be viewed by a lot of people as kind of a black sheep Souls type game but for me I think its the best one they're ever done aside from the coveted Dark Souls 1. I've already said this many times here but I just really preferred the more focused character which allowed them to make the gameplay more refined, and the swordplay combat was just AMAZING.

If it at all looks interesting to you its at least worth a shot. Great game.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2020, 09:37 PM   #56
SD-[Inc]
Butt-hurt Liberal

SD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySD-[Inc] can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBaron View Post
Same with Death Stranding for me, people say it's a walking simulator, those people obviously never played it past the start, as more and more stuff unlock as you play.
I second this recommendation also. I ended up putting 100 hours into the game and loved it. But, I was in need of a game that allowed me to play at my own pace. It was getting tiring of being spoon fed a story or forced to grind RPG elements forever. It takes a while to get into this game because it doesn't actually give you any direction at all on how to play it. You decide where to go and what to tackle. The game constantly pushes you west. But, I spent most of my time building out transportation infrastructure, experimenting with the game mechanics, raiding mule camps, and exploring new routes. There aren't too many games where you can actually "experiment with the game mechanics". But, I spent hours just trying to find out what happens if I do this or that. Some of the results are really surprising and amazing. (Many resulted in some large craters). I can't imagine the number of hours that the developer spent just coding unique gameplay mechanics that only 1% of all players may ever experience. Really an amazing experience if you are open to it. Just don't be discouraged by the first missions as you are literally dumped into the complex world with no clue and there is still so much to learn.
SD-[Inc] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2020, 07:59 AM   #57
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Yeah Sekiro is definitely the hardest From Soft "Souls-like" game, IMO. For two main reasons, one being you are stuck with one character build class whether you like it or not (just with different "upgrade" choices) and can't really "grind for levels" or better equipment in the traditional way to make things easier if you're having a tough time like in other Souls games. And two, learning the parrying mechanic is SUPER important to get through this game. If you can't grasp that you're going to have a really tough time.

I accept Sekiro is always going to be viewed by a lot of people as kind of a black sheep Souls type game but for me I think its the best one they're ever done aside from the coveted Dark Souls 1. I've already said this many times here but I just really preferred the more focused character which allowed them to make the gameplay more refined, and the swordplay combat was just AMAZING.

If it at all looks interesting to you its at least worth a shot. Great game.
That's the thing that has put me off purchasing Sekiro and also why I enjoyed Code Vein so much (i'm a sucker for tweaking a character to the exact dex build i want), but the lure of the Tenchu aspects are making me reconsider this one as a possible next, but if the whole thing is Old Hunters boss difficultly ... I definitely don't want to be part of the 75% owners that couldn't beat it.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 09:20 AM   #58
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
That's the thing that has put me off purchasing Sekiro and also why I enjoyed Code Vein so much (i'm a sucker for tweaking a character to the exact dex build i want), but the lure of the Tenchu aspects are making me reconsider this one as a possible next, but if the whole thing is Old Hunters boss difficultly ... I definitely don't want to be part of the 75% owners that couldn't beat it.
If its any consultation, that one build class in Sekiro is a dex build.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2020, 10:06 AM   #59
delirium121
Radeon Southern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
If its any consultation, that one build class in Sekiro is a dex build.
LOL, good point, well made.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 02:28 PM   #60
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
It's easily more than Old Hunters difficulty, but I honestly wouldn't focus on the difficulty as much as how willing you may be to deal with learning the game properly.

Fights are extremely formulaic. Once you've learned the moveset of an enemy he's toast, it's pretty much as simple as that. I'd go out on a limb and say that mastering when to use defensive tools is probably what threw a lot of the people who didn't finish the game.

When to deflect and how many times before striking, when to jump, when to mikiri..

Honestly, if I could beat it anyone can if they're willing to learn the game.

And it is not a "bad" game per se, it's just very much one of those "Either it ticks your boxes or it doesn't" kind of games. If you get it on sale, then yeah, it may be worth a try for you.

My one tip if you do buy it - leave the SoulsBorne muscle memory at the door. It'll get you dead, very quickly lol.