Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:58 AM   #1081
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Anybody watching Sweet Home on Netflix?

Interesting South Korean monster series. Watched a few episodes, basically zombie/monster apocalypse where residents are stuck in an apartment building. Like it so far. The CGI creatures do look mostly like video game monsters, Doom like, not sure if that was intentional. The monsters look so much like what you would expect from a video game (rather than better realistic looking CGI creatures you would see in movies).
I wanted to watch it.. not sure....
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2021, 12:12 PM   #1082
YellowBeard
Radeon Arctic Islands

YellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwardsYellowBeard can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Yep, watching that too and I'm trying not to read the subtitles but those Spaniards and their accent.... too much for me.
I can understand. I have like a couple years of Spanish from high school so I sometimes pick up words that aren't quite in the translation, which is kinda of interesting, but at the same time it was HS Spanish and I was not the best of language students. Noticed it more so when I was watching Money Heist though. Not sure I even attempted to try to follow along with 30 Coins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Anybody watching Sweet Home on Netflix?

Interesting South Korean monster series. Watched a few episodes, basically zombie/monster apocalypse where residents are stuck in an apartment building. Like it so far. The CGI creatures do look mostly like video game monsters, Doom like, not sure if that was intentional. The monsters look so much like what you would expect from a video game (rather than better realistic looking CGI creatures you would see in movies).
On my short list of things to watch. Just gotta get in the mood for a straight horror TV show though.

Watched the first episode of the second season of Altered Carbon and the first episode of Better Call Saul. Better Call Saul won out. I don't know what it is, but I'm not the biggest fan of Falcon as the main actor... he just seems so wooden in this. I'll give it another chance later, but for now Saul it is.
the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"
YellowBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2021, 03:13 PM   #1083
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird singskoralis knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBeard View Post

Watched the first episode of the second season of Altered Carbon and the first episode of Better Call Saul. Better Call Saul won out. I don't know what it is, but I'm not the biggest fan of Falcon as the main actor... he just seems so wooden in this. I'll give it another chance later, but for now Saul it is.
Excellent choice.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 8, 2021, 03:44 PM   #1084
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I can understand. I have like a couple years of Spanish from high school so I sometimes pick up words that aren't quite in the translation, which is kinda of interesting, but at the same time it was HS Spanish and I was not the best of language students. Noticed it more so when I was watching Money Heist though. Not sure I even attempted to try to follow along with 30 Coins.

On my short list of things to watch. Just gotta get in the mood for a straight horror TV show though.

Altered Carbon went to crap in S2, can't say I've been more disappointed in a show going from S1 to S2...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2021, 06:09 PM   #1085
acroig
Master Mod Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Bro, I'm a native speaker and I can't follow it!!

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 09:25 PM   #1086
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
Altered Carbon went to crap in S2, can't say I've been more disappointed in a show going from S1 to S2...
I absolutely agree with this.

S1 quickly turned me into a fan, but S2 felt so forced I can't help but picture Anthony Mackie sitting on S1 taking a major dump on it.

As for what I am watching, I am just watching Big Bang Theory (from the beginning for the 3rd time) and thoroughly enjoying Modern Family (something I never imagined I'd actually like).

Got to say though, Netflix have been utter crap since Q4 2020. Nearly all new notable series are Korean productions and other brand new shows are just a borefest. Thank God I never watched Better Call Saul and Cobra Kai.

Can't believe I am saying this but Disney+ can't come around these parts soon enough.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2021, 09:42 PM   #1087
acroig
Master Mod Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Lupin on Netflix. Up to second episode but liking it thus far.

yoz
Old Jan 11, 2021, 10:43 PM   #1088
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Lupin on Netflix. Up to second episode but liking it thus far.
Same. Feels a bit too easy and stupid at times.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 07:11 AM   #1089
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

almost through season 3 of From Dusk till Dawn, no idea what to watch next

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 07:16 AM   #1090
Higgy10

Higgy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundHiggy10 can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

just finished the mandalorian

star wars has been redeemed from the crap of the last 4-7 movies

they should make a movie to continue the show
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2021, 06:15 PM   #1091
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
just finished the mandalorian

star wars has been redeemed from the crap of the last 4-7 movies

they should make a movie to continue the show
is the show stopping soon?
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2021, 07:53 AM   #1092
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Sundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsSundance Kid V2 glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Tried the flight attendant (with the chick from big bang. theory). Ughh.. Made it 1/2 thru ep 2, and was bored.

The whole way she acts
guy dies next to her in bed, she flees, fcks some randos, dead guy talks to her in her thoughts doesn't work for me
Old Jan 13, 2021, 08:07 PM   #1093
SD-[Inc]
Radeon Arctic Islands

SD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete strangerSD-[Inc] once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
Tried the flight attendant (with the chick from big bang. theory). Ughh.. Made it 1/2 thru ep 2, and was bored.

The whole way she acts
guy dies next to her in bed, she flees, fcks some randos, dead guy talks to her in her thoughts doesn't work for me
Keep watching. Her reasons for being such a ridiculous person get explained. It's actually pretty good.
SD-[Inc] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 01:35 AM   #1094
Cyko
Your New Lord

Cyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationCyko has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

30 coins (HBO/HBO MAX)

2 eps in and I’m digging it. Plus the main actress chic is hawt

Alpha
| Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 02:31 AM   #1095
KAC
RGB mofo, do you have it!

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Finished Lupin. 4/10.
Current Expanse season. 5/10.

I really don’t like TV shows.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2021, 03:35 AM   #1096
Sundance Kid V2
Your daddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
Keep watching. Her reasons for being such a ridiculous person get explained. It's actually pretty good.
will try!
Old Jan 19, 2021, 01:24 PM   #1097
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

2 episodes of "The Stand" finished, and I don't know if I can take any more. The captain tripps illness makeup and effects are pretty disturbing. Aside from that, the lack of any excitement is also pretty disturbing I was really hoping for better.
Lazy8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2021, 06:40 PM   #1098
Nascar24
EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra

Nascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwardsNascar24 can recite pi backwards

Star Trek The Next Generation up to s1e16. Its like watching something you dont remember a lot of 30 years later. I remember stuff here and there but its almost like watching the first time. And the Real length hour long 25 episode seasons. Riker whining that Deana is getting surprise married and then the next 2 episodes he's off boning the leader of a world they visit or trying to bang a holodeck whore!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2021, 02:26 AM   #1099
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

finished From dusk till dawn, well, that was a ride. Not always good, sometimes cringeworthy terrible, but mostly watchable.

"You're only given a little spark of madness, you mustn't lose it" *Robin Williams*

Old Jan 20, 2021, 08:22 AM   #1100
huskylord
Radeon Arctic Islands

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Wanted to give Lupin a chance. Nope.
Old Jan 20, 2021, 08:55 AM   #1101
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
Wanted to give Lupin a chance. Nope.
is it THAT bad? Was about to look into it

Old Jan 20, 2021, 09:15 AM   #1102
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

i guess i'll watch the 6 seasons of Peaky Blinders instead then.

Old Jan 21, 2021, 04:23 PM   #1103
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyko View Post
30 coins (HBO/HBO MAX)

2 eps in and I’m digging it. Plus the main actress chic is hawt

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 04:24 PM   #1104
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent-Runner View Post
is it THAT bad? Was about to look into it
Watch it, it's good and more episodes are coming.

yoz
Old Jan 21, 2021, 08:29 PM   #1105
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Breaking Bad- let's cook mofos
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2021, 09:52 AM   #1106
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazy8s View Post
2 episodes of "The Stand" finished, and I don't know if I can take any more. The captain tripps illness makeup and effects are pretty disturbing. Aside from that, the lack of any excitement is also pretty disturbing I was really hoping for better.
I couldn't get past the 1st episode. The non-linear story-telling is confusing and unnecessary. The original TV series was much better than this, at least in the way it told the story.

They took one of my favorite books and completely bungled it.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:07 AM   #1107
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkus View Post
I couldn't get past the 1st episode. The non-linear story-telling is confusing and unnecessary. The original TV series was much better than this, at least in the way it told the story.

They took one of my favorite books and completely bungled it.
Ok so it wasn't just me! I haven't read the book for ages...but kept thinking "That's not right" while watching it.

I shouldn't be too surprised really. King's work never seems to translate to film very well.
Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:08 AM   #1108
acroig
Master Mod Troll

Two episodes in on October Faction on Netflix. Digging it.

yoz
Old Jan 22, 2021, 11:20 AM   #1109
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Quote:
Two episodes in on October Faction on Netflix. Digging it.
yep, I enjoyed that one
Old Jan 22, 2021, 03:31 PM   #1110
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwardsKain can recite pi backwards

Watched and finished Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous: Season 2. Pretty darn good. Still wondering how this passes as a kids show considering how scary/thrilling it is.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100i PRO | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster AE-9 | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote