Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Sep 11, 2019, 09:17 AM   #151
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Dafuq? Wasn’t the release this week?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 09:37 AM   #152
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dafuq? Wasn’t the release this week?
The week aint over.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2019, 10:54 AM   #153
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

So, what is the state of EGS, have they managed to implement stuff like achievements or will that be missing from the pc version?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:24 PM   #154
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
So, what is the state of EGS, have they managed to implement stuff like achievements or will that be missing from the pc version?
Come back in a year or 2 for achievements.

Old Sep 11, 2019, 02:59 PM   #155
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Even stupid Bethesda has achievements now.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 04:07 PM   #156
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Come back in a year or 2 for achievements.
Or wait until April 3rd and get it on Steam.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 03:18 PM   #157
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Game releases at 1600 in NA in the pacific time zone today

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 03:18 PM   #158
logical
What is my purpose?

Let us know how it goes.

Old Sep 12, 2019, 04:47 PM   #159
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

i want it, i dont want epic... ahgghhghhh first world (second world? third world? ) problems!!!
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 05:37 PM   #160
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Someone should gift me a copy.. pweeease!!!!!
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 05:51 PM   #161
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Someone should gift me a copy.. pweeease!!!!!
and me and me!! mainly thought just so i dont have to give epic my money
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
Old Sep 12, 2019, 05:52 PM   #162
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Launch option is up. DX12 beta with all settings maxed at ultra - Pushing the temp up on that 2-fan gpu.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.

Last edited by Dungeoncrawler : Sep 12, 2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 06:38 PM   #163
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Bought it myself and pre-loaded also. Here's hoping I don't run into any issues like I did with Outlaw. I'll find out later this weekend.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 06:58 PM   #164
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Benchmarks ran in DirectX 12 mode with Badass preset, everything maxed, vsync off.

3840x2160 - 48.8FPS
3440x1440 - 70.1FPS
2560x1440 - 78.6FPS

Switching to DirectX 12 mode requires a restart and the game warns you to be prepared for a long load time when restarting after switching to DirectX 12. It took me 2 minutes to get thru the loading screen. Others on Reddit have reported 10+ minutes of loading.

If you're playing on ultrawide - disable FidelityFX Sharpening - It's causing issues with cutscenes not displaying correctly.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t...issues/3116927
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2019, 07:09 PM   #165
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Took about 2-3 minutes for dx12 to load in my case also. Game looks really tight graphically imo. I lock my frames in every game I play, so I don't regard maximum frame rates anymore.

Quote:
Old Sep 12, 2019, 07:18 PM   #166
logical
What is my purpose?

Sorry no gifting on the epic store.

Old Sep 12, 2019, 08:03 PM   #167
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Sorry no gifting on the epic store.
ahem humble bundle lol
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Sep 13, 2019, 06:24 AM   #168
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Benchmarks ran in DirectX 12 mode with Badass preset, everything maxed, vsync off.

3840x2160 - 48.8FPS
3440x1440 - 70.1FPS
2560x1440 - 78.6FPS

Switching to DirectX 12 mode requires a restart and the game warns you to be prepared for a long load time when restarting after switching to DirectX 12. It took me 2 minutes to get thru the loading screen. Others on Reddit have reported 10+ minutes of loading.

If you're playing on ultrawide - disable FidelityFX Sharpening - It's causing issues with cutscenes not displaying correctly.

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t...issues/3116927
Been playing around with settings to find out which one is the culprit. Didn't take me long to find that Volumetric fog is the killer. Turned it down to medium and I got 89FPS in the benchmark compared to 70 with it on ultra.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 06:40 AM   #169
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What is the shootbang like, actually good or is it just acceptable like it was in BL 1&2?
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 06:51 AM   #170
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
What is the shootbang like, actually good or is it just acceptable like it was in BL 1&2?
I have not played it yet, but it seems to be universally considered better in the shootbang.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 08:47 AM   #171
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Having an absolute blast playing as Zane. Game looks amazing in Ultrawide, since turning down volumetric fog - I've been pretty much locked 75fps+. Downloaded the Dolby Access app which enables Dolby Atmos for Headphones in Windows 10 - game sounds a lot better now after enabling that. The gunplay is absolutely amazing, found some pretty amazing and fun to use guns and I'm only level 10.

Took the day off work to play the game .
Old Sep 13, 2019, 09:26 AM   #172
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Old Sep 13, 2019, 09:27 AM   #173
Evileh

What is your headset? I take it you are using a non usb headset because all of those usually have their own dac and or 7.1 surround software lol.

Oh and where's my copy
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Sep 13, 2019, 09:29 AM   #174
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
What is your headset? I take it you are using a non usb headset because all of those usually have their own dac and or 7.1 surround software lol.

Oh and where's my copy
Sennheiser PC-37X to a headphone amp connected via optical. I learned long ago that USB headsets suck.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 09:46 AM   #175
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Sennheiser PC-37X to a headphone amp connected via optical. I learned long ago that USB headsets suck.
Eh, I still like wireless capabilities and there is no fuss, I get it though, I just don't want the wires and stuffs.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:06 AM   #176
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Game is quite fun, but the inventory system seems even clunkier than before. In the menu you can finally see your inventory without your avatar blocking your view like in the other games, but now you have to sort of drag and drop your items rather than just double clicking or item swapping. With the weapons and shields you now have to scroll through each item ONE AT A TIME in order to see what they are. Why not just keep the menu system the other games had so you could quickly get the ammo you need or compare the items available? It's a minor issue, but it is annoying in a game where you are constantly changing loot and running out of ammo.

EDIT: After reading the reddit threads. I should be able to just walk up and press a button to reload everything? If so THAT IS FORKING AWESOME! Somehow I missed that and I retract my bit about the ammo.

EDIT 2: Lots of complaints of the new vending machine and inventory system being garbage, and I have to agree. Makes one wonder why they would think this system is a better way when it's far less practical.

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Sep 13, 2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:17 AM   #177
KAC
That postcount though...

Still not indulging. May get it on a discount.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:26 AM   #178
xCLAVEx
Not gone

I have noticed a random FPS stutter from time to time that is becoming more irritating as time goes on. Apparently, lots of other people are having the same issue. I just thought it was my laptop, but I guess I'll see if it's an endemic issue when I try it later on my beefier system.

Also this game has denuvo DRM and is an always online game so...eww, but it's Borderlands so...

EDIT: Reports are coming in that this DRM is doing some background uploads of 2mbs a sec while playing the game? Wtf?

Last edited by xCLAVEx : Sep 13, 2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 02:09 PM   #179
Evileh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCLAVEx View Post
I have noticed a random FPS stutter from time to time that is becoming more irritating as time goes on. Apparently, lots of other people are having the same issue. I just thought it was my laptop, but I guess I'll see if it's an endemic issue when I try it later on my beefier system.

Also this game has denuvo DRM and is an always online game so...eww, but it's Borderlands so...

EDIT: Reports are coming in that this DRM is doing some background uploads of 2mbs a sec while playing the game? Wtf?
2MB/s or 2mb/s... wtf, my connection can't even do .5 mb/s lol

But seriously, this is gonna turn into an evileh begging thread btw. lol.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Sep 13, 2019, 03:42 PM   #180
Jet Black
Radeon Sea Islands

Jet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird singsJet Black knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Still not indulging. May get it on a discount.
This. Love the series but I have played the other 3 predominantly single player so I can withstand the hype
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote