Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Oct 14, 2009, 09:03 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Default HDMI for non-HDMI xbox 360s?

I have a launch 360 which has no HDMI. Is there any add-on out there that plugs into the 360's AV-out and converts it into a proper (HDCP and all) HDMI signal?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 09:39 PM   #2
DarkMessenger03
Radeon R300

DarkMessenger03 is still being judged by the masses

Yes there is,

http://www.madcatz.com/Default.asp?Page=411

This worked flawlessly, it even allows 1080p output. I have seen them at Gamestop and Best Buy, I checked their websites can could not find them.
Antec 1200 | Gigabyte Odin GT 800W | Gigabyte GA-P67A-D3-B3 | Core I3 2100 @ 3.1 GHZ | 2x 2 GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3-12800 | Saphire VaporX Radeon HD 5870 1GB | 250GB Western DIgital 7200RPM | Western Digital 640GB 7200RPM SATA2 16M | Hitachi 500GB 7200RPM | Creative X-fi XtremeMusic

Heatware: [L=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=16180]http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=16180[/L]
Heatware: [L=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=16180]http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=16180[/L]
DarkMessenger03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 12:34 AM   #3
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

MSRP $89.99

Might as well buy a new Jasper Arcade.

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 15, 2009, 02:24 AM   #4
painkiller
Radeon Northern Islands

painkiller is still being judged by the masses

Analog -> digital conversion with a cheap adapter = big no no and that adapter is cheap. Best thing you could do is to sell your current console and then buy a new one with HDMI. Your current X360 is going to die soon anyways

Last edited by painkiller : Oct 15, 2009 at 02:28 AM.
painkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:36 AM   #5
Zero
Sass hole

Heh you'd think so, wouldn't you?

I've been using my 360 pretty much daily since launch and it's going strong. I guess I must be part of the lucky 46%.

However, I do agree with you that analog>digital on a cheap converter is bad. Probably will pick up another 360 anyhow, just have use my non-modded Elite upstairs instead of downstairs for a while.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:42 PM   #6
Debonair
Radeon Evergreen

Debonair is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post

I've been using my 360 pretty much daily since launch and it's going strong. I guess I must be part of the lucky 46%.

However, I do agree with you that analog>digital on a cheap converter is bad. Probably will pick up another 360 anyhow, just have use my non-modded Elite upstairs instead of downstairs for a while.
If you can find the official vga cable still, I find vga output better than hdmi on my tv as do many others. The reason is that the 360 upscaling is crap compared to the upscaling of some TVs.

Regards,
D.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 07:59 PM   #7
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

They have been saying my launch unit would die for years now and it is still going strong. There was a period when I had it on for well over 6 months straight 24/7 and not a single issue.

If it died now it has lived a good life and I abuse that launch unit pretty well (not physically) It just get's most of the game time. and streaming.

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:32 PM   #8
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debonair View Post
If you can find the official vga cable still, I find vga output better than hdmi on my tv as do many others. The reason is that the 360 upscaling is crap compared to the upscaling of some TVs.

Regards,
D.
Would it be significantly better than component?

I know that using the HD-DVD player is better on VGA since it can output true 1080p that way (vs 1080i max on component) but are there any other advantages like reduced lag or anything?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:33 PM   #9
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabran View Post
They have been saying my launch unit would die for years now and it is still going strong. There was a period when I had it on for well over 6 months straight 24/7 and not a single issue.

If it died now it has lived a good life and I abuse that launch unit pretty well (not physically) It just get's most of the game time. and streaming.
Same here, I think 4 years of faithful service is a pretty good track record for my 360. Hope I don't have to get rid of it anytime soon, but I wouldn't be disappointed either.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:37 PM   #10
SpeckledJim
Radeon Northern Islands

SpeckledJim is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Would it be significantly better than component?

I know that using the HD-DVD player is better on VGA since it can output true 1080p that way (vs 1080i max on component) but are there any other advantages like reduced lag or anything?
I found component to be much better than VGA, which was washed out and slightly ghosted, but it's going to depend on your display (and possibly the cable, as my VGA cable wasn't an MS one).
SpeckledJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 09:41 PM   #11
Cynicalking
who

Cynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete strangerCynicalking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeckledJim View Post
I found component to be much better than VGA, which was washed out and slightly ghosted, but it's going to depend on your display (and possibly the cable, as my VGA cable wasn't an MS one).
Yep, the quality of the cable makes a big difference, tried 3 cables before finally finding the official MS one, and the image quality really shined with that one. The non-official ones where extremely blurred and ghosted a lot.
Cynicalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2009, 11:27 PM   #12
Zero
Sass hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynaldo View Post
Yep, the quality of the cable makes a big difference, tried 3 cables before finally finding the official MS one, and the image quality really shined with that one. The non-official ones where extremely blurred and ghosted a lot.
So how does it compare to component?

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Old Oct 16, 2009, 01:01 AM   #13
mabran
Wrigley Field Is A Pit

mabran is still being judged by the masses

On my Samsung DLP there is very little difference between VGA and component. Before MS included the color settings (normal/Intermediate/expanded) VGA would look washed out on certain sets but mine was not one of them also I can output 1080p via component if I want as well with my TV but many don't allow 1080p via compnent.

Which looks better is really TV dependent I have found.

system spec: HYPER-V
Phenom II 1090T , 8GB X4 Crucial 1666, Samsung SATA Dual Layer Burner, 5x 1TB Samsung HE103UJ SATA HD's, Windows Server 2008 R2
mabran is offline   Reply With Quote