Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 16, 2019, 12:49 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Come on guys, cut Omega a break. If you can't give constructive advice then STFU.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 01:15 PM   #32
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega53 View Post
I listened to what you all said and told Sara that we should not talk until she decides what she wants to do with her marriage. Ill just focus on my son and myself going forward. Thanks for the advice everyone
Good dude! Takes a man to think with his head and not his dick
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 01:18 PM   #33
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
Come on guys, cut Omega a break. If you can't give constructive advice then STFU.
Agreed!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 16, 2019, 01:24 PM   #34
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Although you do realize, if no one ever posted on this forum unless they had constructive advice, we'd have a lot of threads with no follow up posts.
Mahjik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 01:27 PM   #35
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Although you do realize, if no one ever posted on this forum unless they had constructive advice, we'd have a lot of threads with no follow up posts.
Sure but I don't kick a man when he's down.

yoz
Old May 16, 2019, 01:36 PM   #36
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Mahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled withMahjik is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Sure but I don't kick a man when he's down.
Sometimes tough love is what a person needs....
Old May 16, 2019, 01:43 PM   #37
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
Sometimes tough love is what a person needs....
There's a difference though and I'm pretty sure you know that.

BOT.

yoz
Old May 16, 2019, 02:15 PM   #38
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
There's a difference though and I'm pretty sure you know that.

BOT.
If he's asking for honest advice and sympathy, he's in the wrong place. His history of choices and moral dilemmas is not going to get him anywhere here.

He doesn't need the jokers at Rage3d, he needs a psychiatrist.
Old May 16, 2019, 02:32 PM   #39
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
He doesn't need the jokers at Rage3d, he needs a psychiatrist.
This I can agree with but some here have given good advice that he can try and follow.

yoz
Old May 16, 2019, 09:30 PM   #40
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Omega should sell his stories to Lifetime.
Old May 17, 2019, 06:14 AM   #41
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
I know this is probably a terrible idea, but she's the exact opposite of my ex. She's got a degree & makes as much money as I do, has no issues with drugs or alcohol, we get along really well (have for most of our lives), and we make each other happy.
I haven't followed all your threads, and for what it's worth I don't know that anyone actually cares about, or listens to my opinion anyway, but...

The impression I get is you're always (or at least frequently?) trying to play the knight in shining armor. You ride in and rescue someone, carry them away on your ****ing horse, only to end up lying in a ditch in the end.

I think you might be dead wrong that this woman is the exact opposite of your ex. She is more successful financially, maybe more motivated, but she's pulling the same bullshit again. She wants you to come in and play the role of the knight, and then what? How has this ended for you in the past?

Regardless of the morality of having an emotional affair, I think you're making a mistake constantly allowing yourself to play this role. Sara needs to figure out a way out of her mess on her own. It's her problem, not yours. It's not your responsibility or place to help her solve it.

On top of that, as far as her having feelings for you, it could very well be true. But neither you nor she ever acted on it, and she went off and married another man. Now she's unhappy and fantasizing about how things might have been. I would seriously take it with not just a grain of salt, but a whole ****ing salt shaker. She is seeing what she wants to see, not being happy with her current lot.

You obviously want to feel needed, but it's just getting you taken advantage of. In my opinion, you need to think about yourself and your kid first, and not just get taken in by every woman who happens to need a helping hand. Honestly, you need to look for someone who has their **** together, not someone who mistakenly married an asshole, or who has psychological/drug dependency issues, or who has other problems that need to be solved.

You don't need to solve everyone else's problems and you can't, you need to solve your own problems first. You need to be confident and have an identity of your own, outside of always trying to be someone else's knight.

I would suggest focusing on being the best dad possible, or something along those lines. Aspire to that as a new identity for yourself. If you do right by him, your kid will most likely actually grow up to appreciate you, and honestly respect you. These women are all damaged goods. You can't save them. But you can have a truly positive impact on your kid's life (or, sadly, you can also have the opposite effect).
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 06:23 AM   #42
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Also, for future reference, if someone tells you they were an alcoholic in the past. Don't ever encourage them to drink. Encourage them not to drink. Don't drink in their presence. Don't bring them to any place where drinking is the primary goal.

I mean, seriously, dude...
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 07:09 AM   #43
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

So for those curious I got split custody of my son. I only have him Fridays through Sunday. I want full custody because his mother is completely unreliable but family court still gave her half custody even though she has 6 current warrants out for her arrest... **** makes no sense to me.
Omega53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 07:11 AM   #44
Omega53
Rage veteran

Omega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersOmega53 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
Also, for future reference, if someone tells you they were an alcoholic in the past. Don't ever encourage them to drink. Encourage them not to drink. Don't drink in their presence. Don't bring them to any place where drinking is the primary goal.

I mean, seriously, dude...
I did discourage us going to the bar and doing other things instead. She is an adult and can do whatever she wants regardless of what I tell her. She basically would have her mind set on going regardless if I went with her or not so I'd go with her to keep an eye on her and try to control how much she drinks.
Old May 17, 2019, 07:12 AM   #45
Omega53
Rage veteran

Quote:
Thanks man. People here sometimes act like they've never made mistakes or had screwed up relationships...
Old May 17, 2019, 07:26 AM   #46
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Thanks man. People here sometimes act like they've never made mistakes or had screwed up relationships...
But we haven’t Omega. That is the point.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 07:35 AM   #47
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
The things I wish I could have told young me.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 08:23 AM   #48
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
That's a good way to throw a blanket over everything/everybody and justify it all.

We've all made mistakes, that goes without saying. It's how life and learning works. It's not really the same thing as making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over...
Old May 17, 2019, 09:05 AM   #49
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
So for those curious I got split custody of my son. I only have him Fridays through Sunday. I want full custody because his mother is completely unreliable but family court still gave her half custody even though she has 6 current warrants out for her arrest... **** makes no sense to me.
Damn that happened fast. How long ago did this start?

Mothers always get the nod by courts over fathers unless the mother is completely off the rocker.

Quote:
Hang in there Omega Dudes in here seriously think they have never made mistakes, KAC laughable as ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
That's a good way to throw a blanket over everything/everybody and justify it all.

We've all made mistakes, that goes without saying. It's how life and learning works. It's not really the same thing as making the same mistakes over and over and over and over and over...
He aint as bad as Chuck. I dont think he needs to justify anything realistically. If he didnt feel like hearings anyones **** he just wouldnt post.

Omega keep it moving man. At least you got the balls to leave the mother of your child and make a quick decisive decision instead of dragging stuff out. Just keep the interest of the most important person, your kid, first and you'll be good.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 09:35 AM   #50
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Hang in there Omega Dudes in here seriously think they have never made mistakes, KAC laughable as ****.

He aint as bad as Chuck. I dont think he needs to justify anything realistically. If he didnt feel like hearings anyones **** he just wouldnt post.

Omega keep it moving man. At least you got the balls to leave the mother of your child and make a quick decisive decision instead of dragging stuff out. Just keep the interest of the most important person, your kid, first and you'll be good.
+1 to all of this.

The single biggest piece of advice I can give Omega is: Stop sticking your dick in crazy.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 09:38 AM   #51
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Family law is tough like that. With young children you basically have to prove to the Court that the other parent is unfit and that's a tough sell sometimes under the "best interest of the child" standard.

Make sure you have a competent lawyer on your side.

yoz
Old May 17, 2019, 09:39 AM   #52
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Ya dude, I hear you. This is about your son now so time to rise to the occasion and, as Munkus said, spot sticking your dick in cray cray.

yoz
Old May 17, 2019, 12:53 PM   #53
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

What is the state of the house you were living in?

If you have questions about the totally stupid reasons and parameters family court
use to assign custody, I can post a few good vids for you to watch.

I understand you "made a mistake", however you now actually are no longueur a priority
in your life, your kid is.
As an example, you could go on a hunger strike and die and it's fine.
But if you withhold care and food from your kid, you will go to prison.
So from a legal standpoint, you are no longueur #1 in your life.
This is a very dry, clinical statement yes, but the ramifications must be considered.

Also, you are walking right into another mistake.
So I will ask you something I asked you in the past:
Why can relationships simply not be mutual with complementarity and complicity?
Seems you are after certain patterns and they are repeating.
This is a huge question that demands reflection, else the wheel will turn in the exact same direction...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 12:55 PM   #54
kytprice
Autism Awareness

kytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshkytprice kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

When I worked any outstanding warrants would usually be served as soon as she exited family court. But that's just how they do it here. And although family court Judges do tend to favor the mother they usually take pending criminal charges in to account at least short term. Strange
kytprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 02:00 PM   #55
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
And although family court Judges do tend to favor the mother they usually take pending criminal charges in to account at least short term. Strange
This is my experience on the jurisdictions I've been at.

yoz
Old May 17, 2019, 02:06 PM   #56
Mahjik
Motoring Goodness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytprice View Post
When I worked any outstanding warrants would usually be served as soon as she exited family court. But that's just how they do it here. And although family court Judges do tend to favor the mother they usually take pending criminal charges in to account at least short term. Strange
We are only getting half of the story. I'm not suggesting Omega is BS'ing, I'm just starting that we are only getting his view (and the judge got both views).