Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old May 16, 2019, 08:29 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Star Trek: Picard

It’s official, “Star Trek: Picard” will be the title of the CBS All Access series set to launch late this year and a first look photo of Stewart filming the show along with its official title treatment has gone online below.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/star-tre...rst-set-photo/

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 08:42 AM   #2
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I hope they don't screw this up.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 08:43 AM   #3
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Thanks. I hate it.

Somehow it feels wrong to name a Star Trek series after the character. That aside, I'm optimistic. I would ****ing love a new Next Generation style series with Picard in it.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 16, 2019, 09:09 AM   #4
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
I would ****ing love a new Next Generation style series with Picard in it.
I don't think we're getting that.

I really hope they give us a Cap. Pike series.

yoz
Old May 16, 2019, 09:15 AM   #5
Capt. Picard
Radeon Northern Islands

Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Capt. Picard once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

3 Guesses for what my opinion on this matter is.
Old May 16, 2019, 09:35 AM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Picard View Post

yoz
Old May 16, 2019, 11:16 AM   #7
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled withShapeshifter is not someone to be trifled with

seems like a dumb name. hopefully that is the only thing that sucks about it.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 11:44 AM   #8
Vanz_007
Not 100% a dick

Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Vanz_007 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
I hope they don't screw this up.
my expectations are extremely low since Discovery...
Vanz_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 12:36 PM   #9
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanz_007 View Post
my expectations are extremely low since Discovery...
Pike was a great part in Disco and I'd love to see more of him, #1 and Spock on the Entreprise.

yoz
Old May 16, 2019, 02:13 PM   #10
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 02:33 PM   #11
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
DS9 had a gym.

Avery Brooks looks pretty fit.
Old May 16, 2019, 02:38 PM   #12
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
DS9 had a gym.

He also sounds a little crazy.

yoz
Old May 16, 2019, 03:27 PM   #13
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
He also sounds a little crazy.
More than a little.

Way more than a little.
Old May 16, 2019, 05:30 PM   #14
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
More than a little.

Way more than a little.
Ya, I was being kind.

yoz
Old May 16, 2019, 09:55 PM   #15
warmonger180
Zionist

warmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete strangerwarmonger180 once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I don't think we're getting that.

I really hope they give us a Cap. Pike series.
this is what's needed. hell, I'll settle for a Garret series. they even already have the final ep, and it's an era that little is ibown about

nothing in life is real. so, if anything goes wrong, blame the dead guy

Corsair Vengeance M70; ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z; FX 8350; Asus RX580 OC; Samsung SyncMaster 2243SWX; Corsair AX860i psu; 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3; Corsair M4 SSD 128GB, WD 1TB; x18 DVR212D; 10
warmonger180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 10:44 PM   #16
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

What's this supposed to be, a documentary on Picard?
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2019, 11:31 PM   #17
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Pike was a great part in Disco and I'd love to see more of him, #1 and Spock on the Entreprise.
I agree allot. But they just did a pretty acceptable job explaining away why we don't know about Discovery or what it did during any of the later time-line Treks. You go and do a Pike series and it has to try and fit into cannon while not pissing people off.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 02:59 AM   #18
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Picard View Post
There are 4 lights?
Old May 17, 2019, 05:47 AM   #19
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
DS9 had a gym.

DS9 wasn't a ship, so technically the pic is accurate...
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 08:40 AM   #20
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
I agree allot. But they just did a pretty acceptable job explaining away why we don't know about Discovery or what it did during any of the later time-line Treks. You go and do a Pike series and it has to try and fit into cannon while not pissing people off.
Yeah but fan reaction to Pike and crew was good and little is known about his long command of the Enterprise before Kirk took over so lots of stories to tell there.

yoz
Old May 17, 2019, 10:40 AM   #21
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
What's this supposed to be, a documentary on Picard?
No, his life after Romulus was destroyed.

yoz