Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:41 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default So what is exciting on the Verizon horizon?

Anything exciting coming up, or rumored to be coming up for Verizon?

I REALLY don't like the Bionic due to it's enormous size, and I'd really rather not be force fit into an iPhone 4s unless there is absolutely NOTHING good heading this way. Too bad the Galaxy SII isn't Verizon.

The following qualities excite me: thinner phones, slider phones, and faster phones... and 4G is a MUST, otherwise I'll just get an iPhone 4s or Droid 3.

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
FX-Overclocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:49 AM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Galaxy SII is as big as the Bionic... How many times are you going to make the same thread?
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:10 PM   #3
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

FX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete strangerFX-Overclocking once held a door open for a complete stranger

I wasn't aware that it was that big, looked a lot thinner in the reviews I've read. But I think this is relevant because with the coming of the iPhone 4s there SHOULD be a big push by Android makers to match/beat it. Plus... I don't a whole lot of talk about Verizon around here, most people seem to be ATT lovers.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:14 PM   #4
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
I wasn't aware that it was that big, looked a lot thinner in the reviews I've read. But I think this is relevant because with the coming of the iPhone 4s there SHOULD be a big push by Android makers to match/beat it. Plus... I don't a whole lot of talk about Verizon around here, most people seem to be ATT lovers.
Moto is announcing a phone that's supposed to be extremely slim and also come with a 4.3" 960x540 Super Amoled+ screen, there is a countdown timer for it, believe it is called the Spyder and should be a Verizon phone... Nexus Prime should be announced on the same day (Oct 19th I think). It's going to be a rather large phone, 4.5" or larger screen at 1280x720. Do you never check Engadget? They cover all of this on a regular basis...
Old Oct 17, 2011, 03:18 PM   #5
Elysian
SCAATSJW

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/17/m...d-of-tomorrow/

Guess it's gonna be called the Droid RAZR... Damn that's a sexy looking phone.

Kevlar back
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:06 PM   #6
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/17/m...d-of-tomorrow/

Guess it's gonna be called the Droid RAZR... Damn that's a sexy looking phone.

Kevlar back
Dang that is sexy looking. Looks worthy of holding off the iPhone 4s for...

Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:04 PM   #7
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

With Android, there'll be a new device in 2-3 weeks. I'm sure it won't be too long.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:12 PM   #8
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

I walked into my local Verizon a couple hours ago with intentions of breaking down and just buying an iPhone 4s, but they were sold out. So now I'm just gonna play the waiting game. Plus whenever new phones come out Amazon puts the slightly older ones (like the Droid 3 for instance) for a penny. If they do that I might get a Droid 3 and be cheap, or I might get a Droid Razr, either way I'm going to get SOMETHING soon... I'm still using a Droid 1 so I am due.

Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:14 PM   #9
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razeus View Post
With Android, there'll be a new device in 2-3 weeks. I'm sure it won't be too long.
Yup

Droid RAZR is on its way

Theres also a Samsung Nexus Prime rumored to come out soon,
Theres also a dual screen LG Doubleplay
Xperia Arc i think just came out recently
HTC Amaze is coming soon.
Theres the HTC Sensation XL with Beats audio....
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition headset
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:27 PM   #10
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Yup

Droid RAZR is on its way

jesus christ...
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:33 PM   #11
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
jesus christ...
conformists cant stand choice.

nycdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2011, 06:35 PM   #12
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
jesus christ...
Yeah, it sucks to have selection, just like cars. Who would buy anything but a BMW?
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:24 PM   #13
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
Yup

Droid RAZR is on its way

The Double Play is T-Mobile and the Xperia Arc is EU only

Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:29 PM   #14
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
The Double Play is T-Mobile and the Xperia Arc is EU only
Oh..then what about the Xperia Ray?
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Oct 17, 2011, 07:34 PM   #15
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Quote:
jesus christ...
Oh these are the ones coming soon or out recently...

Theres still the plethora of android devices that came out probably last month or two ago......

Like Samsung Galaxy Ace, Sensation XE......
Theres also an HTC Rhyme i forgot about....Motorola Atrix II, HTC Flyer....

And theres also a couple others that are probably just rebrands of some of these for other markets.....
Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
Old Oct 18, 2011, 12:53 PM   #16
Elysian
SCAATSJW

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/18/m...razr-unveiled/

Beefy, slim, lots of storage. Screen should be amazing.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:00 PM   #17
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Wow, supposed to have 12.5hrs of talk time and 8.9hrs of video playback due to aggressive power management. MOTO is announcing some slick things today, just read over the live coverage.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:16 PM   #18
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'nycdarkness once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

What do you know dual core, extremely thin, good battery life, and 4g are possible in a smartphone. /sarcasm

Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:21 PM   #19
Elysian
SCAATSJW

There's so much more to the phone than that quick Engadget blurb mentions, they seriously need to post a full rundown, it's nuts all the stuff they crammed into it.

The damned phone is even water resistant.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:25 PM   #20
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Old Oct 18, 2011, 01:44 PM   #21
nycdarkness
ಠ_ಠ

Im still waiting on the droid prime. Depending on which is sicker is the one I will get next month.

Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:10 PM   #22
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdarkness View Post
Im still waiting on the droid prime. Depending on which is sicker is the one I will get next month.
I'm wondering if the only sick thing about the Prime is going to be the screen...
Old Oct 18, 2011, 02:47 PM   #23
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Wow, supposed to have 12.5hrs of talk time
That barely even seems possible. That alone will be a big selling point compared to other 4G phones.

Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:06 PM   #24
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
That barely even seems possible. That alone will be a big selling point compared to other 4G phones.
For real. I'm curious how well it stacks up, real world.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 03:31 PM   #25
ElBerryKM13
Radeon Evergreen

ElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyElBerryKM13 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Elysian: i just found out about that new droid razr and wanted to make a thread about... friggin phone is sick man! lol. First android that impress me after the droid 1. 4g + bigscreen + HUGE bettery life (compared to other 4g phones) + water resistant = win.! Glad i didn't upgrade my iphone4 i'm thinking of picking this up.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 06:28 PM   #26
FX-Overclocking
Radeon Arctic Islands

The big irony is that the original Razr flip phones had perhaps the worst battery lifes of any I've ever had lol.

Old Oct 27, 2011, 01:24 PM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW