Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Feb 6, 2016, 02:44 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default 3D Printing

I know there have been threads on this in the past, but wanted to start a new one. I just bought a cheap 3D printer, the M3D Micro, and printed my first part, and it really came out nicely. I bought the 3D printer to help me make my guitar pickups, and I can already tell it's going to work splendidly.

Here's my first part:

It's a small piece meant for calibrating backlash and other settings. It actually printed out nearly perfectly, even fits a nickel in the middle like it's supposed to. I had to leave for work, but I left it printing a spool holder.

Does anyone else have a 3D printer? I've already started window shopping for my next one, probably a 10" MakerFarm Prusa i3v. The main downside to the M3D Micro is it has to always be plugged into the PC while running. It's also a bit slow.
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2016, 03:32 PM   #2
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I don't have one, but at work I have a lot of specialized parts printed. I've learned that 3D printing is great for some things but not good for others. It depends on the precision you need, and the geometry of the part. I hope it keeps working for what you need.
jimmyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2016, 03:44 PM   #3
huskylord
Individual 2

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Just imagine what it will be doing in the next ten years
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 6, 2016, 03:56 PM   #4
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Holding out for the metal printers....
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2016, 04:06 PM   #5
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
Just imagine what it will be doing in the next ten years
Old Feb 6, 2016, 04:18 PM   #6
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by andino View Post
i'll take this

of course it would put a lot of people out of work
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2016, 05:25 PM   #7
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I want one, but I don't have the finances to afford or justify it, since it would basically only be for hobby projects.

There's a ton of technologies for 3d printers and the basic extrusion ones are the least expensive and most prevalent, but there are plenty of printers that do work well for higher precision and durability. I believe the printers they made the first 3d printed metal guns and the rocket engines on used laser sintering, so you have a layer of metal powder laid down on the stage, a laser heats a pattern into it melting the particles together in a very thin sheet, then another layer of powder is put down and the process repeats - it's much more accurate than conventional extrusion because the focus and drive mechanisms of the laser is the limiting factor and it can make much more durable, solid metal parts.... but it takes much longer and is much more expensive.

There's also fancy milling machines that effectively act like subtractive printers (I think that can still be called a printer ), but which can get their cutting bits into much tighter spaces than a normal CnC machine.

I don't know of specific single machines, but your best bet for speed and cost effectiveness right now is probably an extrusion printer that can lay down a filament of a very durable plastic combined with one of these 3d milling machines - so you can mill down to a tighter tolerance and better finish where you need it, but you don't have to start with sheet or block stock.

It's really neat technology and it's really neat to see it progress. So much of the hobby market is still built off of very simple, fairly slow control loops, but it seems like we've got the tech to get 2x the accuracy or better without too much added expense with just some revised heads/control mechanisms... and there are a number of startups trying to do just that.
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2016, 05:50 PM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaJMasta View Post
I want one, but I don't have the finances to afford or justify it, since it would basically only be for hobby projects.

There's a ton of technologies for 3d printers and the basic extrusion ones are the least expensive and most prevalent, but there are plenty of printers that do work well for higher precision and durability. I believe the printers they made the first 3d printed metal guns and the rocket engines on used laser sintering, so you have a layer of metal powder laid down on the stage, a laser heats a pattern into it melting the particles together in a very thin sheet, then another layer of powder is put down and the process repeats - it's much more accurate than conventional extrusion because the focus and drive mechanisms of the laser is the limiting factor and it can make much more durable, solid metal parts.... but it takes much longer and is much more expensive.

There's also fancy milling machines that effectively act like subtractive printers (I think that can still be called a printer ), but which can get their cutting bits into much tighter spaces than a normal CnC machine.

I don't know of specific single machines, but your best bet for speed and cost effectiveness right now is probably an extrusion printer that can lay down a filament of a very durable plastic combined with one of these 3d milling machines - so you can mill down to a tighter tolerance and better finish where you need it, but you don't have to start with sheet or block stock.

It's really neat technology and it's really neat to see it progress. So much of the hobby market is still built off of very simple, fairly slow control loops, but it seems like we've got the tech to get 2x the accuracy or better without too much added expense with just some revised heads/control mechanisms... and there are a number of startups trying to do just that.
Thankfully, what I'm doing doesn't need that kind of precision. My day job though is programming one of those crazy 5 axis CNC machines
Old Feb 6, 2016, 09:52 PM   #9
BikeRacks

BikeRacks can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBikeRacks can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I got a flashforge creator x back in spring 2014. It's a blast to have.

Some things I've made so far are a Darth Vader toothbrush holder, model of Winterfell (From GOT), board game called pocket tactics, bunch of Rasberry Pi cases, a big Slytherin (from Harry Potter) crest that my fiancee displays at work, Realistic teeth to put in pumpkin carvings, and plenty of other models and other things I'm forgetting. It's not terribly practical, but lots of fun.

Assuming you're familiar with this site http://www.thingiverse.com/ ? Pretty much the best site to get models that I know of.

Actually printing a mini lombardi trophy right now for the winner of our Fantasy Football League
BikeRacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2016, 11:23 PM   #10
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Welcome to 2013...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_Concepts_1911_DMLS
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2016, 03:10 AM   #11
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Should have said holding out for one that doesn't cost $500,000.00....

Old Feb 7, 2016, 07:41 AM   #12
General Lee
High-tech Redneck

General Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Let me know when they manufacture a machine that can print actual bacon, and doesn't cost more than a decent lawnmower.

I'd print piles of bacon as high as an elephant's eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
All I am envisioning right now is the General Lee car with no paint, Cheetos stuffed into the gas tank, and coming out the tail pipe, in a huge pool of Jello :p
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2016, 08:52 AM   #13
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Should have said holding out for one that doesn't cost $500,000.00....

Jokes aside, a metal printer requires HUGE amounts of energy simply
because of the melting point of various metals...

I can see an aluminum printer being manageable, but a steel one?
No way...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2016, 09:36 AM   #14
DaJMasta
Baffoonist

DaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badgesDaJMasta doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Let me know when they manufacture a machine that can print actual bacon, and doesn't cost more than a decent lawnmower.

I'd print piles of bacon as high as an elephant's eye.

Well..... there are actually 3d printers that can print living tissue (a printed human ear has been demonstrated, among others), and there are printers that can print meat, though I haven't heard of any bacon settings, specifically.

If your decent lawnmower costs millions of dollars and comes with a support team of experts to run it properly, it may just be in your pricerange
Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

DaJMasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:34 PM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I listed this one for sale locally, if I can get what I paid for it I'm going to go ahead and get the MakerFarm Prusa i3v. If I can't sell it then I'll just get the Prusa next payday.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:41 PM   #16
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

You there printer man. I require a sexual aid! Accommodate me and you shall be rewarded with General Lee's bacon supply.

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:42 AM   #17
koralis
Radeon 5850

koralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete strangerkoralis once held a door open for a complete stranger

We had a fairly expensive 3d printer at work. When it works, it's great (though slow). However, it's almost never working properly. Things get uncalibrated and starts dragging threads, which cause the head to hit them later and make a mess, or the head gets gummed up, etc.

I don't run it, maybe it's a matter of the guy that does not taking care of it properly, and maybe the technology has gotten better over the past few years, but I can tell you we rarely use it these days because it's a pain in the ass.

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire
koralis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2016, 07:37 AM   #18
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
LMAO!!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2016, 09:35 AM   #19
Silent-Runner
nulli secundus

Silent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English ChannelSilent-Runner once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
You there printer man. I require a sexual aid! Accommodate me and you shall be rewarded with General Lee's bacon supply.
somehow i'm sure i know what kind of ..... "things" Seyiji would "print" with such a device.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Another world, another time, in the age of wonder. A thousand years ago, this land was green and good - until the Crystal cracked."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Silent-Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2016, 06:14 PM   #20
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselbill dennison exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2016, 07:59 PM   #21
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I got permission to "borrow" the supposedly broken MakerBot Replicator 2 we never touch at work. So I brought it home today, couldn't get it to work. Took the head apart, the fan that cools the plastic as its laid down was completely disconnected, and the feeder was jammed. Cleared the jam, resoldered the wire, this thing works beautifully! It's fast too, wow. I didn't expect it to be as fast as it is. This print took all night on my M3D Micro, and will only take an hour and a half on the MakerBot, with higher detail and solid fill.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 08:16 PM   #22
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
I got permission to "borrow" the supposedly broken MakerBot Replicator 2 we never touch at work. So I brought it home today, couldn't get it to work. Took the head apart, the fan that cools the plastic as its laid down was completely disconnected, and the feeder was jammed. Cleared the jam, resoldered the wire, this thing works beautifully! It's fast too, wow. I didn't expect it to be as fast as it is. This print took all night on my M3D Micro, and will only take an hour and a half on the MakerBot, with higher detail and solid fill.
Pics?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 11:00 PM   #23
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The feeder stopped feeding the filament while I was out, only got about 50% of the print. Trying again with different settings. Need to also look into that, see what causes that issue.

edit: Ahh temperature problem. Makes sense. Need to take the extruder apart tomorrow, clear whatever clog is there.

Last edited by Elysian : Feb 24, 2016 at 11:40 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 09:42 PM   #24
Elysian
SCAATSJW

So far so good on this print with the clear filament at 210C. Hope it keeps rolling.

Edit: it stopped laying down filament shortly after this picture. I'm not sure what to do next. The quality of print on these pieces is excellent, but they're a half inch thick, I can't have them stopping like this.

Edit 2: the front fan isn't coming on, probably causing jams in the extruder.

Last edited by Elysian : Feb 25, 2016 at 10:29 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:13 AM   #25
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

was gonna start a new thread, but since this is here..

Old Feb 26, 2016, 04:23 PM   #26
Elysian
SCAATSJW

The fan was stuck on a small nick in the plastic, so I trimmed the nick and it started spinning just fine. Running a print now, hopefully it works out.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 07:27 PM   #27
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Running well now.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 07:21 AM   #28
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I started a thread on this last year. We got a Pegasus 3d printer at work. More precise than most others I've seen, definitely for the price. We're same as you Elysian a machine shop. Used it to make a few jigs n fixtures. Waiting for harder material though as they eventually break with the plastic they force you to use. Don't get me started on "brand new" subtractive manufacturing AKA tabletop cnc.
Old Feb 27, 2016, 08:36 AM   #29
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leprechaun View Post
I started a thread on this last year. We got a Pegasus 3d printer at work. More precise than most others I've seen, definitely for the price. We're same as you Elysian a machine shop. Used it to make a few jigs n fixtures. Waiting for harder material though as they eventually break with the plastic they force you to use. Don't get me started on "brand new" subtractive manufacturing AKA tabletop cnc.
How is that Pegasus?
Old Feb 27, 2016, 09:31 AM   #30
Leprechaun
Radeon Arctic Islands

Leprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLeprechaun can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Probably best one for the price at the time. Prints more accurate than others on the market at the time. Will print from a file directly in the machine or WiFi from PC or Internet. I just found the build plate would sometimes ruin a print as the print would get suctioned onto the bottom of the VAT. The provided plastic is a tad brittle for jigs/fixtures. Apparently there's other 3rd party plastic u can use but I haven't tried. Supposed to be way harder when cured. Also their newer phoenix printer supposed to be better.
Www.fsl3d.com