Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:03 PM   #61
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamar View Post
The actor playing King Arthur is my issue with Camelot. Hopefully he grows into the role.
To be honest most of the cast is .

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:15 PM   #62
McTurok
Radeon Volcanic Islands

McTurok is still being judged by the masses

I haven't read the books so no spoilers please, I have no idea where things are headed.

I'm really digging the story and the actors/actresses they've pick so far. Becoming a fan of Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, and that little pistol Arya Stark. lol
McTurok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:19 PM   #63
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurok View Post
I haven't read the books so no spoilers please, I have no idea where things are headed.

I'm really digging the story and the actors/actresses they've pick so far. Becoming a fan of Jon Snow, Tyrion Lannister, and that little pistol Arya Stark. lol
You're 3/5ths of the way to being a fan of the 5 worth liking. The amusing part is how the stories unfold with some of the characters. For instance Tyrion is an easy favorite and for good reason, the whoring little imp has a set of stones on him.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
"Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
shrike126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 25, 2011, 10:35 PM   #64
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
You're 3/5ths of the way to being a fan of the 5 worth liking. The amusing part is how the stories unfold with some of the characters. For instance Tyrion is an easy favorite and for good reason, the whoring little imp has a set of stones on him.
Which of Daenerys, Jaime, Ned, Asha, Bran or Sam cover the other two for you? I like all these characters who had POVs in the books.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2011, 11:27 PM   #65
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

shrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppersshrike126 has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken Janitor View Post
Which of Daenerys, Jaime, Ned, Asha, Bran or Sam cover the other two for you? I like all these characters who had POVs in the books.
I liked Ned but he went out too early in the series to be one of my favorites. I did have a much bigger appreciation for Jaime after he read the letter from his sister and tossed it in the fire. Daenyrs is my other favorite, the way she trades an egg for the soldiers then has her "child" melt the dude's face was just all manner of awesome.
"I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
Quote:
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)
Old Apr 26, 2011, 02:27 AM   #66
Shark
Pain

Shark is still being judged by the masses

this show is amazing.
I want a second season already.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:53 AM   #67
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyxCLAVEx can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Best show on TV currently.

"Be careful what you say, not everybody is open minded"

"If Fascism Ever Comes to America, It Will Come in the Name of Liberalism -Ronald Reagan"
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 06:00 AM   #68
lunat!c#

lunat!c# is still being judged by the masses

Really? I am still waiting for it to hit me. Second season was already confirmed though.
lunat!c# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:43 AM   #69
huskylord
King of Denmark

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTurok View Post

If you think things are good now, just wait.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:01 PM   #70
HiThere
salty cracker

HiThere is still being judged by the masses

Loving it...I haven't read the books, but having read much fantasy in my younger days, I don't find the tv series inaccessible in the least. It just requires an attention span that crosses episodes, and a reasonable familiarity with common fantasy fiction themes (bastard heirs, designs on the throne, nobility vs. Nobility, trouble brewing on the borders, need to pull nations together to face a common threat, etc.) Lotsa intrigue, but then again Deadwood had just as much and it was set entirely in a miniscule borderland town.

It's great that CGI is cheap enough we can get these kind of production values with little budget...but did anyone notice the repeating groups in the army on the march in the second episode? That same white horse was parading by like 9 or 10 times in the same frame.

Oh, and I loved the fourth episode of Camelot. I would recommend those on the fence stick it out at least that far.

Last edited by HiThere : Apr 26, 2011 at 03:06 PM.
HiThere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:17 PM   #71
Jokerzwild
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jokerzwild is still being judged by the masses

Best new show I've seen in a LONG time. I just wish I wouldn't have noticed it until there were already a few seasons in the can so i could marathon watch them all. I hate waiting on weekly shows

Damn... I didn't even recognize Jason Momoa as Drago until I saw the credits roll! Homeboy got some bulk! I read that he's playing Conan in some ripoff remake pretty soon and fanboys went ballistic that he wasn't big enough for the part (and that he's Hawaiian, and most importantly, not Ahhnold). Guess he's trying to prove them wrong.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 03:54 PM   #72
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

I still say there was no need to remake Conan. The 1980's one with Arnold was about as perfect as you could ask for.

Oh well.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2011, 04:11 PM   #73
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Impressed yet again... looking forward for future events, looks like some crazy **** is about to go down!
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:44 AM   #74
A2597
A Peculiar Person

A2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird singsA2597 knows why the caged bird sings

Watched the second ep, and I officially hope the queen, her brother, and her son die off. I know we need good antagonist for a story, and they are excellent in those roles..but man I'm ready to see them get their comeuppance.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
1 Peter 2:9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
:heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.
A2597 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:59 PM   #75
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Not sure where else to post this...

George R.R. Martin has finished A Dance with Dragons
http://grrm.livejournal.com/212603.html

July --

Take a month off and get back to writing Winds of Winter!
Jamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:34 PM   #76
Drunken Janitor
Blistering Barnacles!

Drunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDrunken Janitor can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Not sure where else to post this...

George R.R. Martin has finished A Dance with Dragons
http://grrm.livejournal.com/212603.html

July --

Take a month off and get back to writing Winds of Winter!
Yeah, I saw that today. I am super pumped and really need a fantasy book right now. Anyway, I am hoping that he doesn't take 7 years to finish Winds of Winter. I really hope it's more like two years.
i5 4670 Haswell <> Gigabyte radeon 280x <> 8 gigs of some ram that happened to be on sale that week <> Asus Z87-K <> Some DVD burner that has been used for 3-4 computers - might be a pioneer <> Winblows 10 Now!
Drunken Janitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2011, 09:50 PM   #77
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Jamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyJamar can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Reading GRRM's blog (and giving him the benefit of the doubt) he is well into the next book. He had stuff he pushed from Dance (I believe it's going to be the largest one yet). I think he broke whatever wierd writer's block he had going on. He seems to be rolling right a long the past couple of months, so I'm hoping it is a good sign for the future.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:24 PM   #78
HiThere
salty cracker

HiThere is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2597 View Post
I still say there was no need to remake Conan. The 1980's one with Arnold was about as perfect as you could ask for.

Oh well.
Nah....there's plenty of the Conan story that hasn't been told, such as, well, the original story and the original character the way he was portrayed in the books. He was supposed to by strong, crafty and intelligent, not brutish. I liked the Ahnold movies for what they were, but what they were not, imho, is the definitive take on that particular character and the world he lived in.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 10:53 PM   #79
mdrnhl
load "*" ,8,1

mdrnhl is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiThere View Post
Nah....there's plenty of the Conan story that hasn't been told, such as, well, the original story and the original character the way he was portrayed in the books. He was supposed to by strong, crafty and intelligent, not brutish. I liked the Ahnold movies for what they were, but what they were not, imho, is the definitive take on that particular character and the world he lived in.
Yep, exactly this.

Also, as far as Game of Thrones goes....second ep was even better than the first!
Old May 1, 2011, 06:55 PM   #80
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

This is schwartz and I've obtained access to tyler582's account to state that we are watching episode 3 on hbo tonight. In the hope of being able to publically discuss the show without being told to STFU, sat the guys down before the game last night and watched the pilot. Fast forward 24 hours later, we have watched both episodes multiple times and even the making of mini doc. Alcohol + HD on demand cable = day lost.

Shows terrific though and reminds me of The Witcher video game, though more adult, much better writing and more interesting characters. I'm hooked.
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 07:04 AM   #81
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Old May 3, 2011, 09:56 AM   #82
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Never read the books (or even heard of them before this) but I'm really digging this television series. However I keep getting characters mixed with Camelot since I'm watching both every week. I'm sure that will sort itself out once I get more familiar with each.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:07 AM   #83
huskylord
King of Denmark

huskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmhuskylord achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Who knew Carrchetti would be in it?
Old May 3, 2011, 10:15 AM   #84
Tyler582
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tyler582 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler582 View Post
This is schwartz and I've obtained access to tyler582's account to state that we are watching episode 3 on hbo tonight. In the hope of being able to publically discuss the show without being told to STFU, sat the guys down before the game last night and watched the pilot. Fast forward 24 hours later, we have watched both episodes multiple times and even the making of mini doc. Alcohol + HD on demand cable = day lost.

Shows terrific though and reminds me of The Witcher video game, though more adult, much better writing and more interesting characters. I'm hooked.
Schwartz,

It's not as "adult" as Spartacus...
ASUS UL30-VT A1 13.3" Notebook w/64GB SSD
Tyler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 01:47 PM   #85
Martin3
Radeon R700

Martin3 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskylord View Post
Who knew Carrchetti would be in it?
lol, I spent the whole episode trying to figure out where I had seen him before. Had to look it up on imdb after it was over.

I'm glad to hear people who haven't read the books are able to keep up with all the characters so far. That was one of my biggest worries about the show. Though I wish they'd do 2 hour first and/or last episodes for the seasons. A lot of stuff to cram in one season.

Martin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2011, 02:19 PM   #86
huskylord
King of Denmark

This is not a spoiler, but I wonder if we'll have a "Harry Potter" issue where the child actors in this story start to grow, have growth spurts, etc. For those that survive to season 4 or 5, they might have to replace them......or else Hodor's back is really going to hurt.....
Old May 6, 2011, 04:47 PM   #87
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
I'm enjoying it. It is just sinking in how much rushing through they are having to do to tell the story. Can't be helped. I'll enjoy it as a companion to the books.
i just found the time to watch the 2nd and 3rd episode and i have to agree. it's inevitable but still unfortunate. at first they were skipping nuances which probably could not be put down on film anyway (like what someone was thinking) but by the third episode they are straight up ripping out sections of the story. the bit that really stood out was catelyn's journey to king's landing... it was supposed to be by boat and should have taken a few weeks i think. and when she finally gets there, she meets littlefinger whose character is barely scratched. in fact, her whole trip to king's landing was probably over in about 5 minutes of film. the appeal of a series like this (in part at least) is the fantasy aspect of it, not just the story.

to the people who have not read the book and are enjoying the show, i would recommend trying to find the time to read it. there is depth and richness to the story beyond what is being shown in the show.

i have to say, the guy playing tyrion lannister is simply stealing the show with his performance. i guess it's easier with the character he has but still, a pretty good job. the actors doing ned stark and robert baratheon are doing their parts well too.

Last edited by spindoctor : May 6, 2011 at 11:52 PM.
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2011, 09:27 PM   #88
ViCyniC
Radeon Arctic Islands

ViCyniC is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
to the people who have not read the book and are enjoying the show, i would recommend trying to find the time to read it. there is depth and richness to the story beyond what is being shown in the show.
If only I knew how to read books.
ViCyniC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2011, 09:35 PM   #89
Jamar
Pew Pew Pew

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
Agree wholeheartedly. They have become some of my most favorite books.
Old May 6, 2011, 11:02 PM   #90
shrike126
Roxen. You are missed.

Subscriber

Some parts I'm glad they pulled from the story when moving it to a movie. For instance... When Bran gets tossed and loses his legs, he spends a few chapters in dreams with a bird. I've never been a fan of dream pieces in stories. I know the symbolism had some meaning but feh... whatever... just get on with the story itself. So them skipping that and going straight to Bran waking up from his coma was okay with me.

Though I can't help now but wonder, where's Hodor?!

~Donald J. Trump
Quote:
Quote: