Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Jul 27, 2019, 03:19 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Default Lets see your shop or tool box setup!

I searched... didn't see a thread for this... :-\

So why not? Seeing as some of you do work on your own cars.. What kind of setups do you have to doing work on them?

Click the link.. should lead you to the gallery.. lol.

https://imgur.com/a/9suqfkK

Old Jul 27, 2019, 08:47 PM   #2
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

What is the torque range of your 3/8 TW?
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:37 PM   #3
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Flyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyFlyordie can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
What is the torque range of your 3/8 TW?
10-100ft lbs.. The one in the tool box is within 3% on 20-60-100. The one I have stored in the house is calibrated to within 1% on all 3 at those same settings. Same exact model torque wrench.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:58 PM   #4
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Here are some of the tools. Work in progress, as they always are. Going to eventually buy the foam inserts to cut spots for tools. I'm waaaay out of space as is, and will be buying another tool chest soon. There are cabinets hung in the garage above the shelf that has more tools on top. Some of the drawers don't make sense for organization right now, and there are tools not in there, but here it is in it's current state.

Old Jul 28, 2019, 04:19 AM   #5
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
Here are some of the tools. Work in progress, as they always are. Going to eventually buy the foam inserts to cut spots for tools. I'm waaaay out of space as is, and will be buying another tool chest soon. There are cabinets hung in the garage above the shelf that has more tools on top. Some of the drawers don't make sense for organization right now, and there are tools not in there, but here it is in it's current state.

Wow. Well, you definitely have a nice tool box. You are really out of room though? I just see a lot of wasted space. lol. There are more efficient organizers for sockets and such out there.

I have just one serious question though....

Is your tool box worth more than the tools that are in it? :-o
Old Jul 28, 2019, 08:11 AM   #6
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyordie View Post
Wow. Well, you definitely have a nice tool box. You are really out of room though? I just see a lot of wasted space. lol. There are more efficient organizers for sockets and such out there.

I have just one serious question though....

Is your tool box worth more than the tools that are in it? :-o
There's tons of wasted space, but that's ok. I like it nice and tidy and can just get another toolbox.

The toolbox was a gift from my dad. It was his personal tool chest for work, only it sat under covers and he never used it. He offered it to me to use and take care of. Which is why you'll never see me pack it full of tools and scratch it all up.

Only issue with it are the gas shocks are seized from sitting for 15 years. Ill get them replaced some day.

Last edited by OverclockN' : Jul 28, 2019 at 08:27 AM.
OverclockN' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 08:59 AM   #7
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Thats how tool boxes are supposed to be. Nicely organized so you're never "digging" through a drawer to find that particular wrench/socket/plier you need.

Wasted space? Pffft.. Looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 09:08 AM   #8
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Thanks. I now have tool envy.
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 09:38 AM   #9
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

If I could get to mine, I could show you how messy it is. My garage has been overrun by small children, and all their crap.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:00 AM   #10
Flyordie
Lets roll...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverclockN' View Post
There's tons of wasted space, but that's ok. I like it nice and tidy and can just get another toolbox.

The toolbox was a gift from my dad. It was his personal tool chest for work, only it sat under covers and he never used it. He offered it to me to use and take care of. Which is why you'll never see me pack it full of tools and scratch it all up.

Only issue with it are the gas shocks are seized from sitting for 15 years. Ill get them replaced some day.
I can respect that. Keep that box shining. :-)
Old Jul 28, 2019, 06:27 PM   #11
Clockwork
Radeon Arctic Islands

Clockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird singsClockwork knows why the caged bird sings

I was going to post in here, but I could only get as far as the service counter and waiting room at my dealership. Not sure if they let customers out in the shop. Maybe I can snap a pic from the service/drive in bay next time I am there.

Clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:00 PM   #12
Roadhog_
Sausages

Roadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRoadhog_ can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

lol. You guys and your highly arranged screwdriver drawer. The moment you slam one shut when you are crunching to finish what you were doing, effed i say... all effed!... lol

I have screwdriver drawers. It has screwdrivers strewn about because organizing them is futile.

I'll grab some photos of mine soon.
Roadhog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:14 PM   #13
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog_ View Post
lol. You guys and your highly arranged screwdriver drawer. The moment you slam one shut when you are crunching to finish what you were doing, effed i say... all effed!... lol

I have screwdriver drawers. It has screwdrivers strewn about because organizing them is futile.

I'll grab some photos of mine soon.
Yeah, it drives me nuts when it's not organized, but hard to keep it that way. It's a silly battle. I generally don't slam it shut, so that helps.

I plan to start doing foam drawer liners over the winter, one drawer at a time while I figure out exactly how I want the layouts to be. Then they'll never move again.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 10:34 PM   #14
DigitalDemon
Swordless Mimetown

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Somebody say ocd screwdriver drawers?

DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2019, 07:27 AM   #15
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

I keep my tools in a heavy duty bag, nothing is organized. It's heavy as hell too.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote