Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge » Motoring
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Motoring Anything that goes vroooom! and makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up, this is the place.

Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:29 AM   #271
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
AluminumHaste
Radeon Arctic Islands

AluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAluminumHaste can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchWRX
"Look" pretty but can they do this (right click save target as)?
Wow impressive Not.
I do that every time I take the Durango to school, and work till 10 at night. Empty college parking lot. I've done the spin on one tire thing, but not as many times as that guy. Three times and I stopped because I think my parents would notice the inside rear tire is a little bald.
AluminumHaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:51 AM   #272
Shadowless
Deez Nuts

Shadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShadowless doesn't need no stinkin' badges

and the 'all imports suck' was aimed at all those ppl who think riced out integras, civics and anything else from overseas, suck.

Besides, minue the STi and the 350Z, all the other cars have to be tricked out to even come close. American Muscle, the STi, and the 350z are the only way to go for racing. And having AWD on the STi is an AWESOME feature IMO... whip around off road, rally style heh.
Desktop - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 7 1700X | Hyper 212 EVO | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB Seagate 7200.12 | 16x LG BD-Burner | MSI Armor OC GeForce GTX 1080 | Tt ToughPower Grand RGB 750w | Acer ET322QU | Windows 10 Pro
HTPC - Fractal Design Define R4 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | Intel Core i5 3570K | Antec Kuhler 620 | 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600 | 128GB Intel 330 SSD | 16x Lite-On DVD-R/RW | eVGA GeForce GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair CX750M | Westinghouse 50" 1080P | Windows 10 Pro
File Server - NZXT Classic Series Source 210 | ASRock 970A-G/3.1 | AMD FX-8320E Black Edition | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1333 | 128GB Samsung 830 | 4x2TB HGST UlstraStar | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 | Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W | Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
I play a medic in TF2 so I think I know a little bit about diagnosing disease. Plus I watched a lot of House.
Shadowless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:12 AM   #273
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I almost bought a 2004 Mustang GT. Good thing I didn't. I bought a 1999 Camaro Z28 instead. This Camaro has quite a bit more muscle than the Rustang I test drove had. This Camaro is the 4th FBody I've owned. I drive an old 86 Trans Am when it's rainy/snowy.

Last edited by AdamK47 : Feb 17, 2005 at 09:46 AM.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:26 AM   #274
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47
I almost bought a 2004 Mustang GT. Good thing I didn't. I bought a 1999 Camaro Z28 instead. This Camaro has quite a bit more muscle than the Rustang I test drove had This Camaro is the 4th FBody I've owned. I drive an old 86 Trans Am when it's rainy/snowy.

Its a nice car, the only thing I didn't like about the one I drove was I couldn't see the end of the hood while driving, so tight parking may be an issue.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:28 AM   #275
Kr0n0s
Mad Modder

Kr0n0s is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM
That just seems really expensive for that car. I'm not much of a classic car person, but I dunno, that just seems really high.

Dad's '57 190SL is only worth about 25-30k, and it's got 50 grand on the clock, and it's in amazing shape bit of pitting on some of the chrome, and a few minor cuts in the top, but otherwise it looks cherry, interior is pristine.

It's not a corvette, but it is a 1957 convertable apple red mercedes.

I didn't think old vettes were worth THAT much.

all musclecars are going through the roof, its hard to find a HEMI under 100G's and they shoot to upwards of 3 million. corvettes (rare bigblock ones) are actually cheaper then most other musclecars. we have a 71 440+6 'cuda, bought 12 years ago for 19k USD, now, its worth no less than 150k. ( its a high priced example due to its color combination plum crazy with white interior and white billboard)
Kr0n0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:42 AM   #276
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
I haven't had the subie on a road course, but it has been to the drag strip. I was on a road course in portugal however.
Nice! Driving a road course in portugal - that's awesome.

Anyways - I know with all the arguing going on, it comes to personal preference in the end. I live in Colorado. We have mountain grades which can go from 5,000 ft to 10,000 ft in a matter of miles. We have ice packed roads on mountain passes with no guardrails - and we have 1000's of miles of snowmobile trails.

I needed a vehicle with 4 wheel drive that can pull 6,000 lbs up 5,000 ft in elevation, through the snow. I also need a payload capacity of at least 1,000 lbs for work purposes - yet I didn't want a diesel. In the end, a 5.4L V8 truck is what works for me.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:43 AM   #277
The_Riddla
Banned

The_Riddla is still being judged by the masses

all these camaros remind me of my old car May it RIP

roughly 450hp
The_Riddla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:49 AM   #278
AdamK47
Radeon R700

AdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAdamK47 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Riddla
all these camaros remind me of my old car May it RIP

roughly 450hp
What happened to it? Did you get in an accident or have to sell it. I use to own a 99 Camaro SS before I bought the one you see above. I had to sell it because I didn't have a job to support it. I now have a great job and I'm happy with my Z28.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:50 AM   #279
The_Riddla
Banned

The_Riddla is still being judged by the masses

well, it was a birthday present.. its actually a z28 with ss hood.. long story short, some guy hit me on the highway, i lost control, and into a ditch i went
The_Riddla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:27 AM   #280
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by curio
Nice! Driving a road course in portugal - that's awesome.

Anyways - I know with all the arguing going on, it comes to personal preference in the end. I live in Colorado. We have mountain grades which can go from 5,000 ft to 10,000 ft in a matter of miles. We have ice packed roads on mountain passes with no guardrails - and we have 1000's of miles of snowmobile trails.

I needed a vehicle with 4 wheel drive that can pull 6,000 lbs up 5,000 ft in elevation, through the snow. I also need a payload capacity of at least 1,000 lbs for work purposes - yet I didn't want a diesel. In the end, a 5.4L V8 truck is what works for me.
in a 2005 911 Carrera and Carrera S

the Autodromo de estoril, You can drive it yourself, just pick up a copy of GTR

I would have gotten the diesel IMO... Turbocharged vehicle at high altitudes =

It would have alot more pep up in those mountains.
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.

Last edited by _TiTaNiuM : Feb 17, 2005 at 10:32 AM.
_TiTaNiuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 10:46 AM   #281
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

Quote:
I would have gotten the diesel IMO... Turbocharged vehicle at high altitudes =

It would have alot more pep up in those mountains.
In other words, personal preference - just like I said.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:16 AM   #282
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
In other words, personal preference - just like I said.
yeah, it would have more power up in the mountains though
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:24 AM   #283
curio
𐐒ananaD

Quote:
yeah, it would have more power up in the mountains though
That's for damn sure. My buddy has a turbo diesel that he chipped - holy cow it flies. He can pull a boat up the pass to the continental divide at 70mph, hit the gas a little and accelerate uphill to 90mph with little effort.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:31 AM   #284
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
That's for damn sure. My buddy has a turbo diesel that he chipped - holy cow it flies. He can pull a boat up the pass to the continental divide at 70mph, hit the gas a little and accelerate uphill to 90mph with little effort.
naturally aspirated engines die at high altitudes since the air is less dense, the turbocharger or supercharger compensate for this by pressurizing the air going into it, increasing the density, for a more optimal fuel burn, creating more power.

I'm not entirely certain on this, but I would think a supercharger wouldn't be particularly good at high altitudes either, since the air it forces into the engine is determined by the belt speed, whereas the amount of air forced into the engine by a turbocharger is determined by the wastegate. with the turbocharged vehicle, it has a set boost to hit, and strives to hit that, when it hits that pressure, the wastegate opens to slow down the turbine and maintain that pressure, so at higher altitudes, it's still going to force the same amount of air into the engine at a lower altitude.

This is why turbocharged airplanes kick naturally aspirated ones in the nuts, they have a much higher topspeed, and much higher ceiling, because they don't lose power as early, and can climb much higher.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:34 AM   #285
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
naturally aspirated engines die at high altitudes since the air is less dense, the turbocharger or supercharger compensate for this by pressurizing the air going into it, increasing the density, for a more optimal fuel burn, creating more power.

I'm not entirely certain on this, but I would think a supercharger wouldn't be particularly good at high altitudes either, since the air it forces into the engine is determined by the belt speed, whereas the amount of air forced into the engine by a turbocharger is determined by the wastegate. with the turbocharged vehicle, it has a set boost to hit, and strives to hit that, when it hits that pressure, the wastegate opens to slow down the turbine and maintain that pressure, so at higher altitudes, it's still going to force the same amount of air into the engine at a lower altitude.

This is why turbocharged airplanes kick naturally aspirated ones in the nuts, they have a much higher topspeed, and much higher ceiling, because they don't lose power as early, and can climb much higher.
exactly

Edit : As well the obvious, is that fact, that when the turbocharged engine cannot create its preset amount of boost, when spoolled into operation, at higher altitudes. (not enough air pressure to begin with)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun

Last edited by VW_Factor : Feb 17, 2005 at 11:39 AM.
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 12:05 PM   #286
xwl
The Lurker

xwl is still being judged by the masses

94 Supra

xwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 01:36 PM   #287
RevolutioniZed
Banned

RevolutioniZed is still being judged by the masses

!!!

Best car yet
RevolutioniZed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 01:41 PM   #288
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwl
94 Supra
Winner.

I'd like to add that they aren't cheap, especially the targa top's. You could buy a brand new luxury car for the cost of a supra. I like the MKIV's a lot. Not the best handling, but a huge dyno queen, and great straight line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 01:53 PM   #289
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy
Just ordered this....

its a nice car. dad has one. he doesnt really like it and will probably trade it in for a lexus or something. i drove it to college today. opened er up and found my self doing 110mph on the freeway in no time.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:01 PM   #290
Jeff Lange
National Jeff Day!

Jeff Lange is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by xwl
94 Supra
Non turbo
Old Feb 17, 2005, 11:01 PM   #291
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Non turbo
Old Feb 18, 2005, 11:33 AM   #292
xwl
The Lurker

xwl is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Not originally.
xwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 01:30 PM   #293
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Sooo anyone willing to slap a turbo into my bmw?
Old Feb 18, 2005, 02:41 PM   #294
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasef
Sooo anyone willing to slap a turbo into my bmw?
you willing to fork over the immense ammount of cash required to turbocharge a BMW? or do you want to ghetto it.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:00 PM   #295
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
you willing to fork over the immense ammount of cash required to turbocharge a BMW? or do you want to ghetto it.
i think we should ghetto-fy jasef's whole car, itd be awesome then... i have a set of M Roadster headlights if u wanna duct tape em in
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:19 PM   #296
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian
i think we should ghetto-fy jasef's whole car, itd be awesome then... i have a set of M Roadster headlights if u wanna duct tape em in
M roadster headlights? blech, how about m5 angeleyes.

I looked at turbo kits back when I had my M3, they were around $6k, and there were only a few kits available.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:24 PM   #297
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
M roadster headlights? blech, how about m5 angeleyes.

I looked at turbo kits back when I had my M3, they were around $6k, and there were only a few kits available.
my roomie has a M Roadster... he had a extra set of headlights, and when he moved he tossed them in the dumpster... they r in excellent shape, just need a little scratch to be polished out, otherwise completely working headlights... i figure i'll put em on ebay lol...
Elysian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:55 PM   #298
Jasef
Radeon Arctic Islands

Jasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled withJasef is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Oh I thought you could jsut do it for free, you know, lika friends thing.... right?
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:57 PM   #299
Rippthrough
Nothing wrong with 4-pot!

Rippthrough is still being judged by the masses

Ship me the car and $1500...
Rippthrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 07:33 PM   #300
squid
Cute

squid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird singssquid knows why the caged bird sings

bmw supercharger would be much cheaper and a straight bolt on, and just get a pulley kit if it still isn't cranking enough .
squid is offline   Reply With Quote