Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:09 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Munkus
Hugged your dog lately?

Munkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationMunkus has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Default Amazon Prime Day 2019

The Prime Day deals are on. Anything good? What did you buy?

https://amzn.to/2JxEalG
Munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:29 PM   #2
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Picked up a monitor for the pc I'm building my youngest. That's is so far.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 12:57 PM   #3
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Is this a good drive to have. Intel SSD 660p Series (1.0TB M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0 x 4 3D2 QLC) 2 2281" (SSDPEKNW010T8X1 )?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 15, 2019, 01:01 PM   #4
DigitalDemon
Flaccid Flexor

DigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwardsDigitalDemon can recite pi backwards

Bought a bunch of real 4k blurays, a G502 for my office, and some weed killer.

Maybe pickup a couple Kindle Fire 10s if I can confirm I can get lineageos on them.
DigitalDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 01:20 PM   #5
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Finally bit the bullet and bought a replacement for my LG G4. Went with a Prime Exclusive version of the Moto G6 for $109.

The G4 has great features, but it is constantly overheating and even with a new battery struggles to get through a whole work day.
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 01:27 PM   #6
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I bought TONS of stuff, ~$600 so far.

The only thing that I bought that was a prime deal was Aquaman and MI:Fallout.

The best thing, my Amazon Prime Visa gets 6% back on all purchases. (instead of the usual 5%)

Things for my new hobby...

CNC 3018Pro with 5.5 Watt Laser kit
Heat Gun and other 3D Printing doodads
Retainer vacuformer with algenate, trays, and casting material

Will most likely buy a new phone for the mom-in-law (she kills them every years or so!). So...LMK if you'all see a great deal on an Androider (thanks, Fleksta...can you give me the link? Best I can find is $148).
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.

Last edited by Bires : Jul 15, 2019 at 01:32 PM.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 01:42 PM   #7
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Got some anime, Switch and PS4 game and a PS4 pro to replace the old PS4 Slim unit that is going to dad so he can give me back my PS3 so I can get back to playing my old PS2 and PS games
Old Jul 15, 2019, 01:50 PM   #8
Fleksta
Radeon R700

Fleksta is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bires View Post
Will most likely buy a new phone for the mom-in-law (she kills them every years or so!). So...LMK if you'all see a great deal on an Androider (thanks, Fleksta...can you give me the link? Best I can find is $148).
It didn't seem to show up in a regular search, but I found it when going through their Prime Day deals menu:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Fleksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 02:23 PM   #9
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Nothing that I need right now so nothing that I'm buying.

No reason to buy something just because its a good deal.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 02:55 PM   #10
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Picked up a new Firestick.

I got the first generation firestick many years ago and it is slow as balls. Hopefully the new one is much faster, more responsive.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 09:30 PM   #11
Babel-17
Radeon R300

Babel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBabel-17 can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Amazing Grass Green Superfood: Organic Wheat Grass and 7 Super Greens Powder, 2 servings of Fruits & Veggies per scoop, Original Flavor, 60 Servings

I also got the berry flavor, both at 40% off. It was sitting in "My list" and I guess that's why Amazon notified me of the deal. Pretty neat.

It looks like the deal i got is over. I suppose it was a flash sale.
Babel-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:30 PM   #12
DeathKnight
Radeon Arctic Islands

DeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshDeathKnight kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Subscriber

Haven't really come across anything yet that's a must have.
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI GTX 1070Ti GAMING 8G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 1920x1080 w/ 48" LCD TV
HT: Vizio E48-C2 48" LED Backlit LCD TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox 360
Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead
DeathKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2019, 11:02 PM   #13
Eisberg
Brrrrr

Eisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestEisberg considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

bought this for my son

for $45. On Amazon the regular price is $80, Lego's price is $100, either way, great deal, and my son will love it. Going to be a Chrismas gift.
The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.
Eisberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 10:53 AM   #14
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I got a ultrasonic cleaner for our 3d printer.

That's about it. It's not looking like very good deals this Prime Day.
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 03:08 PM   #15
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

something for my slowly being bought computer build

Crucial MX500 2TB drive

$183

Pretty crazy price, blows everything out of the water atm in ssd's in terms of value.
0.0915 cents a GB
5 year warranty + a 700 TB written drive endurance is very very decent

My only concern is I think I may have bought the version with frustration free packaging and I wanted the retail pack. Ah well not a big deal.

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 04:45 PM   #16
GTwannabe
Radeon Northern Islands

GTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete strangerGTwannabe once held a door open for a complete stranger

I bought nothing. Prime Day deals are always worse than regular sales unless you're buying Alexa crap.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 07:00 PM   #17
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

SainSmart Ender 3 3D Printer for $160!
https://www.woot.com/offers/sainsmar...3880_419500540

I bought this last week when it was $180 for my second 3D printer.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2019, 07:06 PM   #18
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Nothing that I need right now so nothing that I'm buying.

No reason to buy something just because its a good deal.
This.

It would be great if they'd have stuff I actually want to buy. But it seems largely oriented around consumer electronics.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:24 PM   #19
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Didn't really get anything, some things I needed anyways but in all honesty the deals were not great. And alot of them were still cheaper elsewhere.

I'm shopping less, and less at Amazon every day I find alot of their prices lately are grossly overpriced and there's alot of things I've been overcharged for due to me not shopping elsewhere. Best example was some PUMA socks paid $14 for 4 pair awhile back. Thinking it was a pretty good deal (yes was sold by Amazon). Until I went to Gordmans with the wife for something else and noticed the exact same socks for $6. Ever since then I've caught countless things from them. Only thing I really get now on Amazon is chinese crap I need (like barn door hardware). Things that are hard to find specifically to a task I need.

I can see me cancelling Prime pretty soon to be honest, the value just isn't what it use to be.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote