Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:52 PM   #181
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

added a flag for Magicka
GanjaStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:11 PM   #182
GanjaStar
Jalouise

GanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badgesGanjaStar doesn't need no stinkin' badges

small heads up that inspector was update (twice since the last post actually)

+ the guide has a few new entries.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:18 PM   #183
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanjaStar View Post
small heads up that inspector was update (twice since the last post actually)

+ the guide has a few new entries.
Great stuff man, thanks a mint for maintaining this thread.

Last edited by pahncrd : Feb 21, 2011 at 05:20 PM.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Feb 21, 2011, 05:37 PM   #184
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Great stuff man, thanks a mint for maintaining this thread.
+1.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2011, 07:17 AM   #185
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
+1.
+2

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:46 AM   #186
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziklitschli View Post

That flag

Gothic III (with HDR) - 0x00001041

works great with Stalker SoC, could serve as a performance flag as it almost doubled my fps with the same settings. I went from barely playable 4xmsaa + 2xtrssaa to completly playable 8xmsaa + 4xtrsaa. MSAA quality is little worse than default flag, foliage definately gets a proper treatment though.

It also works with dx9 Call of Pripyat, looks times better than ingame AA and seems to be faster as well.
SoC x4msaa + x4trssaa 0x00001041

It's complete mod with SSAO on and look at the fps counter. Might be worth mentioning in the OP as the default flag is barely playable on my rig with the same settings and the gothic flag should be ok even with older hardware.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.

Last edited by Ziklitschli : Feb 23, 2011 at 01:49 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 01:59 AM   #187
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

CoP DX9 x4msaa + x4trssaa 0x00001041

Garth Merenghi quotes

Last edited by Ziklitschli : Feb 23, 2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 09:09 AM   #188
GanjaStar
Jalouise

great stuff Ziklitschli

will add it. looks much better FPS wise then the old one.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 02:30 AM   #189
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Inspector 1.9.5.4

Changelog
- added quick selection for modified profiles (dropdown on home button)
- added scan progress dialog for user initiated scans
- improved scan speed for modified profiles
- improved storing speed for profile settings
- reduced flickering of profile settings list
- several small fixes
Old Mar 2, 2011, 09:06 AM   #190
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Inspector version 1.9.5.5
- fixed: Running mdps wont be recovered when using webupdater
(this fix applies with the next webupdate first)
- fixed: Modified profiles were not updated on create/delete profile and reset value
- added rescan of modified profiles after importing profiles
- reset profile now works on user created profiles too
- decreased monitoring border width
- further improved scan speed for modified profiles
- massive scan speed improvement for unknown settings
- removed scan progress dialogs
- automatic scan for unknown settings and modified profiles on startup
- changed the "scan for unknown settings" button behavior to just toggle the display of unknown settings
(unknown values will still be listed in value selection even if unknown settings display is not activated)
- possible fix: Application crash on profile settings start occured on a few systems
Old Mar 5, 2011, 06:07 PM   #191
Arioch
3D Vision Fanboy

Arioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyArioch can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I first got Nvidia Inspector as a filler waiting for Nhancer to be updated someday. Now I don't even care and besides, it looks like Nhancer is might be officially dead by the looks of the website now.
Arioch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2011, 06:28 PM   #192
GanjaStar
Jalouise

i think there is no point in him releasing a newer nhancer version if its going to have less or equal features when compared to inspector. He just took to long to release a new version.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 08:13 PM   #193
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't miss nHancer now and Inspector really rocks once you go through the modest learning curve. I do appreciate what nhancer did for the community, very much so though.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 04:51 PM   #194
GanjaStar
Jalouise

few new entries have been added: Pure, FUEL, darkspore, among others.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 09:58 PM   #195
didamangi
is lazy

didamangi is still being judged by the masses

Anyone have Stranger's Wrath AA flag?

It's an OGL game, have tried the 0x0000F0C1 compatibility flag and supersampling method, didn't work.
didamangi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:01 PM   #196
GanjaStar
Jalouise

I am not aware of any OpenGL specific override flags.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 01:36 PM   #197
GanjaStar
Jalouise

More games added to the guide

Im just bumping it got the sake of people who use the thread, I could care less about anything else, but if bumping is an issue, please let me know.
Old Mar 17, 2011, 04:44 PM   #198
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Bump away, what you offered here is utterly great!
Old Mar 18, 2011, 05:00 PM   #199
GanjaStar
Jalouise

3 new games added
Old Mar 19, 2011, 07:51 PM   #200
Henu3duka

Henu3duka is still being judged by the masses

Did you change Darksiders - 0x00001201 ???
Henu3duka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2011, 11:17 PM   #201
GanjaStar
Jalouise

yes, becuase one of the bits was redundant as pointed out to me by a very knowledgeable person I do not have the game installed to see if the change affects performance.

Last edited by GanjaStar : Mar 19, 2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 05:05 PM   #202
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

lukilla is still being judged by the masses

Any aa flag for lego clone wars?, the others don´t work
lukilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:52 PM   #203
GanjaStar
Jalouise

OP updated, as for clone wars, don't have the game. you're best of trying out different flags from the OP, or waiting till someone gets the game and does it for you.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 08:54 AM   #204
jackfuste
Radeon R100

jackfuste is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukilla View Post
Any aa flag for lego clone wars?, the others don´t work
For LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars bits 0x004030C1, but they break light, so that the image looks darker than it should be.
jackfuste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2011, 06:19 PM   #205
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfuste View Post
For LEGO Star Wars III The Clone Wars bits 0x004030C1, but they break light, so that the image looks darker than it should be.
Much apreciated man
Old Mar 27, 2011, 04:25 AM   #206
GanjaStar
Jalouise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackfuste View Post
thx. will put it in wtih a note about the lighting issue. maybe someone will find a better solution.
Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:00 PM   #207
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

msaa+sgsaa doesn´t work for me using 0x000010C1 or 4110C1 in shift2,is that for dx10 only?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 12:35 PM   #208
GanjaStar
Jalouise

its dx9, as 99% of overide flags. do you have recent drivers installed? would also be nice to see your system spec button or at least your rig in the signature. its much easier to answer questions when we have some info on the person's setup.

Also note that no overide solutions for shift 2 are without issues as of yet.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 07:05 PM   #209
lukilla
Radeon Northern Islands

I have 258.96 (gtx260/winxp)
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:12 AM   #210
GanjaStar
Jalouise

I would assume its either a winxp not supporting SGSSAA overides, or old driver issue. Could be something like need for speed hot pursuit, where some AA flags work only with 260+ drivers.

Also, forcing SGSSAA on new games with an old card probably won't give you playable framerates. for example, forcing 4SGSSAA in crysis 2 with lowest settings gives me 9fps at 1680x1050 and 8SGSSAA shuts down the GPU completely it jsut stops responding from how demanding that kind of IQ is.

Even an old game like system shock 2, on a gtx260 anything above 4SGSSAA will lower the framerate below playable. And thats a 12 year old game.