Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Nov 19, 2010, 01:26 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

AMD ATI-Forum.De Finds Info on Bulldozer and LLano APU's due 2011

ATI-Forum.de has found some great slides from an NDA covered AMD presentation regarding Desktop sockets, processors and introduction timelines.
The good news is yes, Zambezi (the desktop Bulldozer processor) is coming in socket AM3+ which will work with your existing AM3 processors. This is good news as you can jump into an upgrade a piece at a time. More good news is we're getting 8 core, 6 core and 4 core bulldozer variants, in Q2 2011 - and they support DDR3-1866.

The bad news is Llano, the FUSION APU originally scheduled to be introduced late this year, is now pushed back to mid next year and quarter 3. More bad news, the APU will be in a new socket - FM1. This seems kind of inevitable really, given the new capabilities of the product. Zacate based APU's using the Bobcat core should be here any day now, with a Q4 10 introduction marker.

Llano also gets dual, triple, and quad core variants in TDP's from 65W to 100W, all with DX11 GPU capabilities and UVD3, plus DDR3-1600 support.

Split desktop platforms like Intel with the big boys socket letting you keep your old memory and cpu. Not bad, really. I wonder if those 4-core's will be like the Phenom II X2 Black Editions, unlockable and overclockable

For bigger pics, check the source at ATI-Forum.DE.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2010, 04:28 PM   #2
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

How fast do we think the Bulldozer cpu's will be? I am assuming there faster than Intels core I-7 series. I certainly hope so or they be in some serious trouble.. I guess the question is how much faster can be expect them to be.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2010, 09:52 AM   #3
ET
Radeon R520

ET is still being judged by the masses

My guess is that like today they won't compete with Intel's high end, but they will be good value for people who want decent CPU+GPU performance for a low price.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad