Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:06 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Soong
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Soong is still being judged by the masses

Vista: Can not select multiple files using click+drag, ctrl+click, or shift+click, or

I have been running the 64 bit version of Vista Ultimate for about 3 days now. I don’t know if I’ve had this problem from the beginning and I just noticed it or if it just started yesterday. On the desktop I can click and drag to select multiple files. I cannot do so anywhere else. In file explorer I cannot select multiple files by clicking and dragging, using ctrl+click, shift+click, ctrl+a or even through Edit > Select All (It's grayed out on the menu). I simply cannot do it. All these shortcuts work for desktop icons but at no other point can I select multiple files.

I have tried different file listings (tiles, icons, thumbnails) as well as sorting them differently and with no success.

What did I do wrong here?
Soong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 12:49 PM   #2
thedoug
Radeon Evergreen

thedoug is still being judged by the masses

Code:
Intel i7 980X
6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator GT 1600MHz 6-6-6-20
2x EVGA Geforce GTX 480
Asus Rampage III Extreme
4x WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB RAID5
Samsung SH-S223 DVD+RW
Onkyo Receiver
Klipsch 5.1 speakers
Antec 1200 watt PSU
Mitsubish WD-60638 60 inch TV
Logitech K800 wireless backlit keyboard
Logitech M570 wireless trackball mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition 64-bit

Quote:
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hari Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
thedoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 04:17 PM   #3
Soong
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Tried that, no luck

Something similar is posted: here.

I found a thread about this on a site called vista64.net (click)
I made a post but unfortunately the forum is moderated so my post hasn't shown up yet.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 18, 2007, 04:33 PM   #4
MidnightWatcher
Radeon R420

MidnightWatcher is still being judged by the masses

Hmm not sure what the issue is. It works fine for me.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 03:54 AM   #5
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soong View Post
I have been running the 64 bit version of Vista Ultimate for about 3 days now. I don’t know if I’ve had this problem from the beginning and I just noticed it or if it just started yesterday. On the desktop I can click and drag to select multiple files. I cannot do so anywhere else. In file explorer I cannot select multiple files by clicking and dragging, using ctrl+click, shift+click, ctrl+a or even through Edit > Select All (It's grayed out on the menu). I simply cannot do it. All these shortcuts work for desktop icons but at no other point can I select multiple files.

I have tried different file listings (tiles, icons, thumbnails) as well as sorting them differently and with no success.

What did I do wrong here?
reboot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2007, 07:24 PM   #6
Soong
Radeon Caribbean Islands

I discovered this “thread” I was reading and posting in is actually a conversation on a newsgroup that was being mirrored to vista64.net. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management (news://msnews.microsoft.com if you need a news server)). Anyway, the Microsoft guy posted an updated version of his script that corrected the problem for me. http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip

… you know, in case anybody else runs into the problem and looks here for help.