Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Dec 9, 2001, 05:36 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
kinney
old school ownage

kinney is still being judged by the masses

Exclamation MMC7.5-Everything but transparency?

I am using a visiontek GTS with a tv wonder pci card. GTS drivers are 23.11, the tv wonder drivers are from the 7.1 program, I'm using MMC 7.5. Everything works great besides blended mode when I click on it nothing shows up and when I turn it back off it comes back like normal.

OK, now another guy told me to enable the TV Tuner fix in additional propertys in my nvidia drivers. But I don't have that option in my drivers, I believe i did at one time, in very old drivers but I haven't seen that for a long time.

I think for everyone having the problem with having to click on the desktop to get MMC to come up undistorted that is the problem fix. Its also why we don't get transparency either.
People say that the problem was fixed in nvidias new drivers and some report it working, but I have no such fix in mine!

Anyone?
kinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2001, 07:40 PM   #2
jparrell

jparrell is still being judged by the masses

I have the same problem with MMC 7.5 -- all works except the transparency. The symptoms sound the same, the slider is there etc. but no window. I have a GeForce2 MX running 23.11 on Windows ME. In another post someone reported the transparency feature working in Windows 98, so I know it is not only limited to 2000/XP.
I did try checking the box "fix TV tuner" in the display driver, but that did not change anything. So, it sounds like there may be something still not right with Nvidia drivers, or maybe ATI did it on purpose?
Does anyone have a TV Wonder working with transparency using a Nvidia graphics card?
jparrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2001, 07:58 PM   #3
:+:3DnVuS:+:
Radeon R100

:+:3DnVuS:+: is still being judged by the masses

I had a similar problem and Someotherguy gave me this solution:

1. Uninstall MMC 7.1 completely
2. Modify the MMC 7.5 Install.ini with notepad by changing this line Wrom:

DetectHW =1
to
DetectHW =0

3. Install MMC 7.5 and enjoy it's full functionality!!!

Hope this works for you guys. Later!

MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU | AXIA [email protected] | ARKUA HSF | 256MB Kingston DDR | Radeon 7500 | ATI TVWonder | SB Live! 5.1 | LiteOn 32x12x40 | LiteOn 16x DVD | 40GB Maxtor 7200rpm ATA133 | Enermax 350W PSU | 2K Pro.
:+:3DnVuS:+: is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 9, 2001, 09:28 PM   #4
kinney
old school ownage

Thats a pretty generic reply! But we already had to do that just to get the TV option to come up in 7.5... we already know about the install.ini tweak.

My first quest is to figure out why I dont even have the 'fix tv tuner option' and then why i dont have tranparency.

Although I'm sure its because of odvious reasons.. ati doesnt want us using nvidia cards with their tv tuners.
I'm really disappointed to because I bought my tv wonder a complete virgin to the hate between them and now I have picked my side because of this.
I've never had a problem with nvidia drivers (i have a via chipset to kt266a a suposedly bad combo with the 23.11 drivers.. work fine for me!) and MMC 7.1 continually crashed for me...
Old Dec 9, 2001, 10:54 PM   #5
fanbanlo
Radeon Evergreen

fanbanlo is still being judged by the masses

I uninstalled both 7.1 and 7.5
installed 7.5
the screen looks fine now. Really... using nVidia 21.83
except transparency...

one Question, is Germstar included?
fanbanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2001, 09:46 AM   #6
:+:3DnVuS:+:
Radeon R100

:+:3DnVuS:+: is still being judged by the masses

What OS' are you guys using? I think blended mode only works in 2K and XP so you may be out of luck if you are running 9x. I suggested the install.ini tweak because I was having a similar problem. If I installed 7.1, then 7.5 I had many of the new TV options EXCEPT blended mode. Once I uninstalled MMC 7.1, used the ini tweak and reinstalled ONLY 7.5, I got the full use of all 7.5 software. Sorry if it didn't work for you.

Fanbanlo, Gemstar isn't included with MMC 7.5. It's a separate download of about 12MB and is difficult to get a hold of. Keep trying, though.

MSI K7T266 Pro2-RU | AXIA [email protected] | ARKUA HSF | 256MB Kingston DDR | Radeon 7500 | ATI TVWonder | SB Live! 5.1 | LiteOn 32x12x40 | LiteOn 16x DVD | 40GB Maxtor 7200rpm ATA133 | Enermax 350W PSU | 2K Pro.
:+:3DnVuS:+: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2001, 06:11 PM   #7
jparrell

jparrell is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by :+:3DnVuS:+:
What OS' are you guys using? I think blended mode only works in 2K and XP so you may be out of luck if you are running 9x.
My system setup includes: Via KX-133 chipset, Athlon 750, Windows ME, GeForce2 MX video card (23.11 drivers), TV Wonder PCI. I read in another thread on these Rage3D forums that someone was running Windows 98 and had the transparency feature when using MMC 7.5. But, they had an ATI video card (maybe an AIW, I don't remember). So, that suggests to me it is not a Windows 9x issue, but maybe a Nvidia problem. Maybe this Rage3D forum is not the best place to get info from Nvidia graphic cards users, though...
jparrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2001, 11:09 PM   #8
otheipion
Shadow in the Sun

otheipion is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by :+:3DnVuS:+:
What OS' are you guys using? I think blended mode only works in 2K and XP so you may be out of luck if you are running 9x. I suggested the install.ini tweak because I was having a similar problem. If I installed 7.1, then 7.5 I had many of the new TV options EXCEPT blended mode. Once I uninstalled MMC 7.1, used the ini tweak and reinstalled ONLY 7.5, I got the full use of all 7.5 software. Sorry if it didn't work for you.

Fanbanlo, Gemstar isn't included with MMC 7.5. It's a separate download of about 12MB and is difficult to get a hold of. Keep trying, though.
Blended mode works fine for me under Win98SE.
Old Dec 10, 2001, 11:15 PM   #9
fanbanlo
Radeon Evergreen

WinXP Home
doesn't work.

only work in XP/2k = NOT TRUE!
Old Dec 11, 2001, 12:18 AM   #10
otheipion
Shadow in the Sun

otheipion is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally posted by fanbanlo
WinXP Home
doesn't work.
Works for me!
Old Dec 11, 2001, 10:58 AM   #11
SirXcalibur
Admin in Shining Armour

SirXcalibur is still being judged by the masses

Maybe the blended mode only works with ATi cards?

But clear me up on this. Everything is working fine for you nvidia guys except the transparency?
Old Dec 11, 2001, 04:58 PM   #12
Bobo

Bobo is still being judged by the masses

I have the same problem...
Everything works excepts transparency, and I'm using nvidia's tnt2...

so does this make it a known issue of MMC7.5 on TV Wonder PCI with nvidia(or non-ATI) cards?
Diamond Viper V770
SB Live!
ATI TV Wonder
IBM 30, 40 GB
Pioneer 16X DVD
Creative 52X CD
Viewsonic GF775
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2001, 05:07 PM   #13
fanbanlo
Radeon Evergreen

I have this problem...
when I used Scan Mode, all the channel has a yellowish color...
ATI said this is nVidia's problem...

Do you guys have the same problem?

--------------------
Althon 800TB
Asus A7V (KT133)
256MB RAM
WinXP Home
Asus 7100 (GeForce2MX)
Old Dec 12, 2001, 10:35 AM   #14
SirXcalibur
Admin in Shining Armour

SirXcalibur is still being judged by the masses

you have to remember though that the tvwonder VE is really only offically supported under MMC 7.1. So that going to Ati with this problem on your Nvidia cards really won't help. Maybe thats why the transpaency is really only working with the ATI ones....
Old Dec 12, 2001, 02:53 PM   #15
fanbanlo
Radeon Evergreen

Cool

Which problem are you talking about?
You have to know that the problem of having yellowish color in scan mode also exists in MMC 7.1!
Old Dec 25, 2001, 01:09 AM   #16
kinney
old school ownage

Default anything new?

any new revelations on this subject?

yes all nvidia users are experiencing no transparency mode. i think this is the right place to be looking for help, i was hoping on joining to get the attention of ati or someone who had some power. i dont think it serves ati well to not have their tv tuner not working with some of the most popular video cards.

i used a mx when i bought a ati tv tuner and had horrible experience. crashing.. just a pain. mmc75 is much better for not crashing.

i would like to buy another ati like the 8500, its such a value. the time is coming soon for myself to buy a newer card, either ti200 or 8500 (i never was the type to go for something like the ti500, seems excessive) to replace my gts. i watch alot of dvds so the 8500 looks great i hope if i can find a way to get the tv tuner working completely (like it should) correctly then i will buy a 8500 or all in wonder. im not blind brand loyal but so many bad strikes and i am the type to never buy a certain brand again.
Old Jan 7, 2002, 01:07 AM   #17
kinney
old school ownage

Default anything new?

probley nothing new. I've about given up on ATI drivers, its a shame to because I really want to buy their stuff.

I dont think many Nvidia owners are switching over because of their wonderful ati driver experiences, its probably going to force ati out of the competition eventually.