Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Legacy ATI Discussion and Technical Support » AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AIW / Multimedia Discussion and Technical Support Discussion and support forum for all of the All-In-Wonder Radeon cards, the TV-Wonder, Remote Wonder I and II, the new HDTV Wonder, and basically anything with VIVO support.

Old Dec 13, 2001, 10:55 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ECJ
Radeon R100

ECJ is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy TV Wonder & WinXP + Gemstar Link

Ok, I installed the 7.1 drivers for WinXP. Then I installed MMC 7.5 with "DetectHardware=0". WinXP detects the card fine and I have no problems with the hardware. I get the distorted video, with great audio. So, I try clicking on the desktop after I click the link for the TV. That works, but if I change the channels a few times it freezes. Once it freezes I have to reboot to get rid of the audio, since I can't kill the process in anyway. Even when the video is working, it's not very clear, with faded color, and with horizontal lines in the picture.

Are there any better drivers? Since this seems to be a driver issue. I just got the card today, so if this isn't fixable soon I can take it back. Also, I can return it for the Hauppauge WinTV-Stereo Radio with dbx-TV stereo. Any help would be great.

Here is a link for Gemstar Plus. http://www.nodamnreason.com/Gemstar.zip

My Specs
-----------------
Dual 1ghz PIII
1GB Micron PC133
100gb WD 7200rpm
40gb Maxtor 7200rpm
45gb Maxtor 7200rpm
SCSI Plextor 8x20 CDR
SCSI Plextor 40x CDROM
SCSI Pioneer 12x DVD
Adaptec 2930CU SCSI card
SB Live Platinum
Netgear FA310 NIC
I went home.
ECJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2001, 11:36 PM   #2
fanbanlo
Radeon Evergreen

fanbanlo is still being judged by the masses

thanks for the link~

Um.. I don't think you need to install 7.1 first, just install the wdm driver, and 7.5 with that no hardware detect tweak~

Try that... It works fine for me~ just the stupid video corruption.. sometimes okay, sometimes..
fanbanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2001, 12:00 AM   #3
ECJ
Radeon R100

ECJ is still being judged by the masses

Oh, I didn't install the whole MMC 7.1, but just the drivers on that CD.

Update: Just tried DScaler v3.10 and it kicks ATI's butt. No crashes, and the video quality is better. I still hope ATI gets some better drivers though.
I went home.

Last edited by ECJ : Dec 14, 2001 at 01:23 AM.
ECJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 7, 2002, 01:18 AM   #4
kinney
old school ownage

kinney is still being judged by the masses

Default WTF

What are you thinking you fool??? Return that card ASAP and get the hauppauge, I'm serious. Your making a mistake, the hauppaugge cards were stable in XP before XP was even finalized according to my friend who uses one. I on the other hand have been tinkering with this tv wonder forever and yes, dscaler works with it but thats just a shame.
kinney is offline   Reply With Quote