Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:28 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bman87

bman87 is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy PCIE Bus speed issues

This issue has been a real pain in the ass, and I think I finally figured out what was going on. The first clue was when I played BF3, sometimes it would be really choppy, even if I dropped the GFX settings to low. I would reboot and the issue would go away for some time.

Then I had a friend that wanted to play GuildWars 2, so I fired up the game and I was having severe FPS issues, no matter what resolution or video settings I used, I was only getting 10-20fps. After reading some forums for fixing this issue for GW2, I found my issue.

I opened up GPU-Z and checked the bus interface speed. There it was, set to PCI-E 1x v1.0. After I reboot, it goes back to normal 16x v2.0. I believe this gets stuck in 1x mode after I remote desktop into my PC.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a known bug? Is there any way to fix without rebooting the PC? This has been happening for a long period of time over different driver releases. I am currently on 13.9 and I still have the issue. I am glad I found the actual problem.

AMD 7950, Intel Core-i7 920, 12GB DDR3, Windows 7 64-bit.
  • CORSAIR DOMINATOR 12GB DDR3 Triple Channel
  • SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7950 3GB
  • 3X WD Caviar 640GB (RAID-5)
  • WD VelociRaptor 10k rpm 150GB
  • SILVERSTONE Modular 700W PSU
bman87 is offline   Reply With Quote