Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Oct 13, 2008, 01:26 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Audi2Honda
Rage3D Veteran

Audi2Honda is still being judged by the masses

Default iphone or new video card? I don't game a lot, but how cool is the iphone?

I mean really is it worth the money? I'm currently rocking an old school black berry 8703 and X1900XT.
Asus Top HD4850
Corsair 650TX

Team Rage 3D Folding My STATS
Audi2Honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 02:18 AM   #2
ThirdEye
goodnight sweet prince

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

you can game on the iphone

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 02:26 AM   #3
nrs421
Radeon Arctic Islands

nrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselnrs421 exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

blackberry storm

nrs421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:33 AM   #4
Pepsin
bananed

Pepsin is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
you can game on the iphone

If that's a screenshot, the games look pretty good, too

I personally mostly use my phone to make calls - Does anyone still use their phone in this old-fashioned way? So for me, a new videocard would be the obvious choice since even the cheapest phones are good enough for making calls and sending the occasional text message.
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:39 AM   #5
Ibis
Radeon Evergreen

Ibis is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsin View Post
If that's a screenshot, the games look pretty good, too

I personally mostly use my phone to make calls - Does anyone still use their phone in this old-fashioned way? So for me, a new videocard would be the obvious choice since even the cheapest phones are good enough for making calls and sending the occasional text message.
Hehe, no, it's not ;P That's Crysis Does not run on the iPhone.

OnT: It all depends, what kind of games do you play, when you play?
Ibis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 03:41 AM   #6
OzzieBloke
& OzzieDogs

OzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English ChannelOzzieBloke once jumped the English Channel

Depends on how much of a phone geek you are. If you use for phone for asbolutely everything, then get a new phone. If however you just use it as a phone, and seldom anything else, get a video card.
OzzieBloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 04:30 AM   #7
spindoctor
Radeon Arctic Islands

spindoctor is still being judged by the masses

get the phone if you want to be cool. in fact, you will die if you don't own it. heck, it's a miracle all of us without an iphone are still alive. ask razeus if you don't believe me
spindoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 05:49 AM   #8
TheNGTV
EGG

TheNGTV is still being judged by the masses

The videocard doesn't have $60 monthly plans. So...
TheNGTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 06:56 AM   #9
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNGTV View Post
The videocard doesn't have $60 monthly plans. So...
Neither does my iPhone

Anyways, it's a matter of choice. Do you want a fun phone + a decent mp3 player + some touch games? Or do you want your regular phone with a new video card (4870?) for gaming?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 07:35 AM   #10
Razeus
Radeon Arctic Islands

Razeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundRazeus can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

What video card do you have now.

I still rock a 8800GTS 640 and see no reason to get a new video card. The games just aren't there like they used to be to justify upgrading a video every year like I used to.

Of course, I'd say go with the iPhone. It's way more useful to you than a video card. The iPhone you can take with you to make calls, check email, surf the web, watch a movie, play games, listen to music, update your calendar, update your contacts, check your investments, get a read on the weather and use numerous Apps to update your Facebook, Myspace or check your Ebay auctions.
Razeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 07:43 AM   #11
Fuku2
Metal Guitarist

Fuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesFuku2 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Get the video card. 'Phones' are for chumps.
Fuku2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 09:44 AM   #12
RFtinkerer
Not with it

RFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badgesRFtinkerer doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
Hehe, no, it's not ;P That's Crysis Does not run on the iPhone.
Might run it on the next version...
Old Oct 13, 2008, 09:54 AM   #13
ZeeM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

ZeeM is still being judged by the masses

The iphone will cost you much more both in money and in dignity.
Some cool info: Tibeten monks, after twenty years or so of practise in the Himalaya, control their brain stem - they can control their heart beat, blood pressure etc. After thirty years they can connect to the internet purely by meditation, setting TCP stacks in their neurons and stuff. Right now I am chatting with a monk who is sitting naked in an ice storm on his towel, his only possesion. He's using ipv6.
ZeeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2008, 05:32 PM   #14
MysticKiller
Nuff Respect Due

MysticKiller is still being judged by the masses

If you text and email alot, do not get any touch screen phone.

However, if you want to surf the net on the move in the best way possible, do get a touch screen phone.

Or if you dont mind carrying something slightly bulky around, get a HTC TyTn II or the new Sony Xperia. Both have touch screens as well as a QWERTY keypad.