Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 16, 2018, 07:40 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Dengin
Rage3D Veteran

Dengin is still being judged by the masses

Default NewEgg "Prime day"

Newegg is having their version of Prime Day with some good deals on gaming hardware, including a GigaByte gtx1080 for $449.-
https://www.pcgamer.com/newegg-fanta...ng-deals-2018/
Dengin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2018, 11:05 AM   #2
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengin View Post
Newegg is having their version of Prime Day with some good deals on gaming hardware, including a GigaByte gtx1080 for $449.-
https://www.pcgamer.com/newegg-fanta...ng-deals-2018/
Gigabyte's warranty sucks. Had a 750 Ti that blew a resistor and scorched the board. Sent it in for warranty repair and they did a real amateur hour solder job to replace the component. Worked for another month or so then died exactly the same way.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:43 AM   #3
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

A GTX 1080 is not a GTX 1080 TI. Let me no when there is a killer deal on the latter.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 17, 2018, 01:43 AM   #4
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

The sad thing is I think I bought a GTX 1080 on Ebay the better part of two years ago for around $450. Yeah, it was used, but still, two years ago...
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2018, 08:32 AM   #5
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviphysics View Post
A GTX 1080 is not a GTX 1080 TI. Let me no when there is a killer deal on the latter.
Not a killer deal, but decent price:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814125997
Old Jul 17, 2018, 09:23 AM   #6
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

I find the whole Prime Day lack luster. Maybe because I dont need any of it.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2018, 09:34 AM   #7
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I find the whole Prime Day lack luster. Maybe because I dont need any of it.
Basically Amazon is conning us into stress testing their website so they can plan upgrades for Black Friday and Xmas. Newegg has better sales on tech.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:31 AM   #8
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
Not a killer deal, but decent price:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814125997
That’s pretty damn good. Under $700 after the instant discount. That’s cheaper than reference cards and the Gigabyte cooler is pretty solid.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2018, 12:46 AM   #9
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
That’s pretty damn good. Under $700 after the instant discount. That’s cheaper than reference cards and the Gigabyte cooler is pretty solid.
$200 extra for a 1080 ti vs a vanilla 1080 is worth it, if you need to buy right now; though, TBH, I am actually waiting for the next gen cards. My 980 ti still does okay, though it is starting to snow its age.