Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 1, 2020, 03:07 PM   #211
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
It's not Crytek working on this? it's Saber Interactive?
Both? Saber doing the remaster under Crytek supervision? Don't really know.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 03:32 PM   #212
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Glad some push back is happening though so it can be refined.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 03:38 PM   #213
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Same

yoz
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 1, 2020, 04:01 PM   #214
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Lets hope they actually do a decent job this time.
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 04:57 PM   #215
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

delayed one hour before release.

They will spend some time tweaking their .ini file, setting Ugridstoload = 15 and give us a bonus HD pack and Bobs your uncle at $50 a copy.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 07:55 PM   #216
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

How ****ing hard is it to remaster crysis? It already has tweaks you can make to increase draw distance, improve water, increase foliage. It's literally a matter of changing values and making sure performance on cronsoles is solid enough. If they wanted to go further, they could improve some textures and maybe some character models. It should only be a 6 month task with a team of 5-10.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 08:28 PM   #217
Ne0Griever
Radeon Arctic Islands

Ne0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete strangerNe0Griever once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
It really dosen't look all that great. Its a we added ray tracing and that's pretty much it.

My guess, anything on a 2080 or lower at 1080p will be around 30FPS or lower. 2080Ti will be around 40FPS to 50 FPS.
The trailer from two months ago was 4k 60fps. If it runs anything like that even without ray tracing, I'd consider it a success.
Ne0Griever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2020, 08:39 PM   #218
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
How ****ing hard is it to remaster crysis? It already has tweaks you can make to increase draw distance, improve water, increase foliage. It's literally a matter of changing values and making sure performance on cronsoles is solid enough. If they wanted to go further, they could improve some textures and maybe some character models. It should only be a 6 month task with a team of 5-10.
I don't think it's that simple, they need to make it work on a new engine. Clearly the assets and textures need to be upped in quality plus add modern effects.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:02 PM   #219
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
https://www.ign.com/articles/crysis-...leaked-footage

In a letter posted on Twitter, Crytek explained that it's seen both "the good and the bad" reactions to the leaked footage of Crysis Remastered and wants to take the time to "make a few more improvements" before release.

The trailer was supposed to be officially shown today, July 1, but the Microsoft Store leaked it early and revealed that it had a launch date of July 23, 2020.

https://twitter.com/Crysis/status/12...033281/photo/1
Hoo boy, that really inspires a lot of confidence...

Based on the leaked trailer, they really have their work cut out for them. Those "remastered" visuals were a complete joke. What the hell happened to this?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:03 PM   #220
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Are the game mechanics changing as well or is it mainly graphically?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:32 PM   #221
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Are the game mechanics changing as well or is it mainly graphically?
Only graphics as far as I know.

yoz
Old Jul 1, 2020, 09:54 PM   #222
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
I don't think it's that simple, they need to make it work on a new engine. Clearly the assets and textures need to be upped in quality plus add modern effects.
It's still a Cryengine and Crytek can just give them the original Crysis assets if needed. So they just need to use sharper textures assets, change the detail settings and tweak the lighting. None of that is hard and could easily be done.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Jul 2, 2020, 08:18 AM   #223
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Cryengine doesn't use real raytracing there is no dxr subset it's just faked raytracing at the software level.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2020, 08:51 AM   #224
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Cryengine doesn't use real raytracing there is no dxr subset it's just faked raytracing at the software level.
I didn't see any of that in that crappy trailer either.

yoz
Old Jul 2, 2020, 12:29 PM   #225
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evileh View Post
Cryengine's RT method is not faked, it's just not hardware accelerated.

Quote:
I didn't see any of that in that crappy trailer either.
Me either.

System:
Old Jul 4, 2020, 04:16 AM   #226
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

If they just use 4 cpu cores in Crysis that alone would make the game playable.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2020, 06:20 PM   #227
Megaman
Packing heat!

Anyone post this?

Old Jul 4, 2020, 06:32 PM   #228
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

They really need to dial in the lighting and effects.

System:
Old Jul 4, 2020, 06:57 PM   #229
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Anyone post this?

It's so frustrating to see a "remaster" trading blows with the original like that. Remasters should always be better across the board, especially when the original game came out 13 ****ING YEARS AGO.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 08:20 PM   #230
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubz View Post
It's so frustrating to see a "remaster" trading blows with the original like that. Remasters should always be better across the board, especially when the original game came out 13 ****ING YEARS AGO.
Indeed.

yoz
Old Jul 4, 2020, 08:30 PM   #231
Lazy8s
One day at a time

Lazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialLazy8s is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
13 years...no way...

omg
Old Jul 4, 2020, 09:51 PM   #232
Crash7
Radeon R700

Crash7 is still being judged by the masses

When they have to resort to slow motion and red arrows pointing out the differences, that tells me the remaster isn't worth it.
Crash7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2020, 09:58 PM   #233
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I still haven't played it, so maybe I'll finally do that. But yeah, some of the artistic choices are definitely worse in the remaster. Don't know why they didn't simply port the game into the new engine, add the new effects, but keep everything as-is.

The big thing for me is that the vegetation is finally has some occlusion. Never looked right to me in the original.

It's nuts how the original is missing such ubiquitous effects like SSR though. Really was a game ahead of its time visually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 08:43 AM   #234
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Looks like the Crysis remaster is in crisis.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:41 AM   #235
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
It's a Far Cry from being a hit, thats for sure.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 11:23 AM   #236
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
It's a Far Cry from being a hit, thats for sure.

Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 12:03 PM   #237
Chubz
Doomer

Anyone remember the old "Jungle Fight" video from way back in the day?

Even if all they did was give us those DX10 visuals (skip to 0:27) along with massively improved multicore performance, I'd still be really happy. It's ridiculous how well those graphics still hold up today, and we never really got lighting of that caliber in the finished product.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 01:28 PM   #238
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That video got me to buy a DX10 card for Crysis.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 01:44 PM   #239
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainstew View Post
That video got me to buy a DX10 card for Crysis.

yoz
Old Jul 6, 2020, 02:52 PM   #240
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Anyone remember the old "Jungle Fight" video from way back in the day?

Even if all they did was give us those DX10 visuals (skip to 0:27) along with massively improved multicore performance, I'd still be really happy. It's ridiculous how well those graphics still hold up today, and we never really got lighting of that caliber in the finished product.

The crazy thing is, we could have that now (think using the new engine alone does this). And have better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote