Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Hardware
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Hardware Talk about PCs/Macs, motherboards, CPUs, sound cards, RAM, hard drives, networking and everything else about computer hardware!

Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:40 AM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Why aren't you running 4K @ 60 Hz and 422 12 bit?

Shots at 4K @ 60 Hz

Last edited by KAC : Jul 4, 2020 at 04:05 AM.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2020, 04:01 AM   #92
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Dave did you set in built sharpness to 0 at 1440P? And run it native 1440P in NV panel rather than setting it 1440P in game while it is set at 4K @ 60 Hz in NVCP?
Old Jul 4, 2020, 06:50 AM   #93
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
Dave did you set in built sharpness to 0 at 1440P? And run it native 1440P in NV panel rather than setting it 1440P in game while it is set at 4K @ 60 Hz in NVCP?

Yep - tried all of that, still see aliasing at 1440P. Theres also the fact that I didnt buy a $1700 display to lower the resolution to below what I had before (3440x1440). I want to play games in 4K and I have the GPU to do so, zero reason to play at 1440P and have a blurry aliasing mess. Also I am finding that 3840x2160 RGB 8bit is giving me the best image quality both in desktop use and gaming (SDR and HDR).

Also from your pictures - you need to fix the colors on your TV - they look washed out. And OLED shines in a dark room.

Edit - Just opened the first pic to see it larger - G-Sync is not working for you bud, major tearing on her hat.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 4, 2020, 06:56 AM   #94
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I think KAC is sitting further from the screen than you are, which might explain why he isn't seeing the distanced aliasing. I have to agree though; don't see the point in spending thousands of dollars on a display capable of 4K high refresh rate, and then lowering the resolution.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2020, 06:57 AM   #95
KAC
That postcount though...

Yes that was because I turned tv on and off. So Gsync stopped working. Needed to turn it on and off again to get it back.

Share your tv settings for picture? My room is overly bright. At night everything looks better.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 07:10 AM   #96
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Quote:
Yes that was because I turned tv on and off. So Gsync stopped working. Needed to turn it on and off again to get it back.

Share your tv settings for picture? My room is overly bright. At night everything looks better.

picture mode - game
aspect ratio - original
Just scan - On

oled - 75
contrast - 90
brightness - 50
sharpness - 0
color - 50
tint - 0

Advanced Settings
dynamic contrast - off
super resolution - off
color gamut - auto
gama 2.2
Under White Balance - Color Temp warm2

picture options

black level - auto
motion eye care - off

picture mode - game (HDR)
aspect ratio - original
Just scan - On

oled - 100
contrast - 100
brightness - 50
sharpness - 5
color - 55
tint - 0

picture options

black level - auto
motion eye care - off

Advanced Settings
dynamic contrast - off
super resolution - off
color gamut - auto
gama 2.2
Under White Balance - Color Temp warm2
Old Jul 4, 2020, 07:15 AM   #97
KAC
That postcount though...

Thanks. Will try. I typically don’t use warm colors as I prefer bluish hue compared to reddish ones.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 07:30 AM   #98
KAC
That postcount though...

Last edited by KAC : Jul 4, 2020 at 07:40 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:25 AM   #99
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

to bad theres not an ultrawide version of this
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2020, 10:56 AM   #100
KAC
That postcount though...

I do not know how others will fare but I am getting some serious headaches watching this screen for more than 2 hours. I think my eyes are still adjusting to this tv. I have had 120 Hz motion tv since 2017 and played console games on it since forever but for some reason this is causing a lot of eye strain. I do think the room lighting is at fault and reflections are driving me crazy. I am quite concerned about my 65 inch order for bedroom since my bed room is also crazy well lit. However most of my gaming is in pitch black when wife is asleep. So not sure yet what to do.

I do think a new video card with higher fps at 4K should help alleviate this. 1440P is much less stressful for me as frames are high and gaming is dope with the distance I sit at. Need to test more. Will download Ass Creed also to see what’s up with the aliasing Dave is speaking of.

Dave can you take a closeup pic of the aliasing that you are speaking of in Ass Creed?

Last edited by KAC : Jul 4, 2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 01:31 PM   #101
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgy10 View Post
to bad theres not an ultrawide version of this

the 55 inch is 48 inches wide a ultrawide version would be a billboard
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2020, 01:40 PM   #102
Higgy10

Higgy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHiggy10 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

the 55 inch is 48 inches wide a ultrawide version would be a billboard
i want something smaller, on 34" uw now and similar size to low 40s would work for me
CFX 290
Acer Predator x34 21:9
Intel x25-m 80gb ssd and 500gb SSD
2x1tb WD Black in raid0
Higgy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2020, 01:58 PM   #103
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Quote:

Dave can you take a closeup pic of the aliasing that you are speaking of in Ass Creed?

Can't really take a screenshot of shimmering/aliasing in the distance. If you don't see it - good for you - its definitely there though.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 03:15 PM   #104
KAC
That postcount though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Can't really take a screenshot of shimmering/aliasing in the distance. If you don't see it - good for you - its definitely there though.
I meant taking it with a camera/phone not a SS.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 04:13 PM   #105
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

shimmering is moving doesn't show much on a still shot even with a SLR
Old Jul 4, 2020, 11:43 PM   #106
KAC
That postcount though...

You could do a Live Photo or something. Anyways will see it for myself.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 12:53 AM   #107
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

OLED 1440P is pretty good, 4K is obviously going to be better but from my usage I've never seen the same vaseline style you get when you use a LCD running in non native resolution.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2020, 04:36 AM   #108
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The processor does a damn good job of scaling
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old Jul 5, 2020, 04:54 AM   #109
KAC
That postcount though...

Nunz did you setup yours? How do you like it?
Old Jul 5, 2020, 06:26 AM   #110
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Subscriber

Every game I play on this thing is just jaw dropping. HDR or SDR games - they all look fantastic. I think between the OLED display (true blacks, instant pixel response) and the bump to 4k is just making every game jaw dropping, even older games like Diablo 3 look fantastic.

btw KAC - I played Diablo 3 on this for 12 hours straight yesterday - no headaches.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 07:35 AM   #111
KAC
That postcount though...

True games do look great. Most of my time presently is checking out games rather than playing them. I need to fix the setup so I don’t have to use a controller.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 02:23 AM   #112
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Nunz did you setup yours? How do you like it?
I'm not currently in the US. I've probably flown over your house in the past couple months a few times The Berj is quite the building, even from almost 20000 feet.

My dad is loving it set up in his home theatre. Mine is boxed up and waiting for me to get home. He opened it to test it and make sure there were no issues with it, then put it back.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 03:06 AM   #113
KAC
That postcount though...

I see. Good to know. My C9 65 arrives on Thursday as per Amazon!
Old Jul 6, 2020, 07:55 AM   #114
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Why aren't you running 4K @ 60 Hz and 422 12 bit?

Shots at 4K @ 60 Hz
Were you responding to me?

I do run at those settings (though not 12 bit), that was the point of my post.

Also, not sure if it's just your camera or your TV settings, but your images you posted look terrible. It looks flat and like the colors are muted. Maybe it's just that game (I haven't played it), because it doesn't even look 4k. The detail and sharpness isn't there.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 08:42 AM   #115
KAC
That postcount though...

Will run something at night and post shots. I am using same settings as Dave so it can either be: room lighting or my iPhone 11 camera.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 08:47 AM   #116
OverclockN'
Radeon Arctic Islands

OverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwardsOverclockN' can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

Quote:
Will run something at night and post shots. I am using same settings as Dave so it can either be: room lighting or my iPhone 11 camera.
I'm guessing the photo is just being heavily compressed or something. It looks pretty washed out/bland both in color and detail.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 08:48 AM   #117
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyRiptide can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

You guys are not concerned with potential burn-in and static HUD elements?

ASUS ZEPHYRUS G15
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:28 AM   #118
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
You guys are not concerned with potential burn-in and static HUD elements?
I think this will happen but probably will take 4 or 5 years. I really would like to grab one of these but the burn in or degrading of the panel over time kind of holds me back, I ran a 2nd gen OLED as a desktop monitor for a year, while it didn’t burn in there was definite image retention after every use which I bet would become permanent at some point. They have improved it some I hear but got to believe it will still happen eventually.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:48 AM   #119
KAC
That postcount though...

You have to use it like a moron to have burn in. I have screen saver on and after 5 mins it starts throwing fire works which practically means that 95% of pixels remain black for as long as tv is on.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:52 AM   #120
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
I think this will happen but probably will take 4 or 5 years. I really would like to grab one of these but the burn in or degrading of the panel over time kind of holds me back, I ran a 2nd gen OLED as a desktop monitor for a year, while it didn’t burn in there was definite image retention after every use which I bet would become permanent at some point. They have improved it some I hear but got to believe it will still happen eventually.
i am not seeing any image retention .

as for burn in just turn on windows screen saver set for 1 min and i turn just the TV off if i an going away for a long time
and BB warranty covers it for 5 years and if you don't see it in 5 years it most likely won't happen