Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Feedback Central
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Feedback Central This is a place to post problems, suggestions, comments, or help regarding the forums or site. This is not a place to air your mod-related grievances as first-resort.

Closed Thread

Old Jan 2, 2007, 01:27 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Default Reputation reporting?

Quick question here...

Is there a way to report bad rep? Say you negative rep someone for a completely valid reason, and they get pissy and just return negative rep straight back to you?

How about reporting vulgarity or harassment in reputation?
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:47 PM   #2
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

if'n you can stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

retaliation rep is part of the rep system. if someone sends you vulgar unprovoked reps then pm a smod or admin to discuss.
Old Jan 2, 2007, 10:54 PM   #3
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman-jim View Post
if'n you can stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

retaliation rep is part of the rep system. if someone sends you vulgar unprovoked reps then pm a smod or admin to discuss.
Yup. Thats how it works.

I have some neg rep. For no other reason that Ive given them bad rep for being retarded or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 3, 2007, 01:29 AM   #4
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

unfortunately, that's the dark side of the rep system. If it's anonymous, people abuse it and treat it as an anonymous insult system. If its not anonymous, then you get retaliation rep.

Most people here are able to handle the rep system, but just a few can't. I ended up having to put one particularly bad rep-troll on my ignore list. I think it would've been better if he could simply man-up to the responsibility of being a decent human being, but he wasn't able to. In then end, my rage3d experience is far better when I can't see him. I'm virtually positive that he still neg-reps me once a week, but I'll never know for sure since I can't see his rep, and that's a good feeling.

Anyway, that's about the best advice I can offer.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jan 3, 2007, 08:04 PM   #5
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Dude, its a battlefield out here. Not to mention one loaded with testosterone. If it bothers you, the exit's right at the [X] on your browser's title bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog
I ended up having to put one particularly bad rep-troll on my ignore list.
Speaking of bad-rep trolls, I'm amazed that I haven't gotten one from this guy Vazel. I don't feel like a real Rager without it

Last edited by Hidavi : Jan 3, 2007 at 08:06 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 07:28 AM   #6
caveman-jim
Deposed King of Rage3D

caveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badgescaveman-jim doesn't need no stinkin' badges

You're not missing anything.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 03:23 PM   #7
_TiTaNiuM
"The Talent"

_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh_TiTaNiuM kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

It's not anonymous... I see everyones name who has repped me
Spring the trap. Spring it all over her face.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 03:25 PM   #8
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TiTaNiuM View Post
It's not anonymous... I see everyones name who has repped me
If your rep points are low, you can't see the authors.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:10 PM   #9
Raged_Fanatic
Banned

Raged_Fanatic is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
Yup. Thats how it works.

I have some neg rep. For no other reason that Ive given them bad rep for being retarded or whatever.
You're guilt free of "being retarded", right?

<Waits for negative rep to show up in User CP>
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:28 PM   #10
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raged_Fanatic View Post
You're guilt free of "being retarded", right?

<Waits for negative rep to show up in User CP>
I already gave you neg rep for being retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
Old Feb 14, 2007, 12:40 AM   #11
Raged_Fanatic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
I already gave you neg rep for being retarded.

I wonder if you do that frequently? Everyone else is retarded and you are just...normal.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 05:38 AM   #12
Shoey Peachew

How's this for bad rep.

Old Feb 17, 2007, 08:42 AM   #13
Pirate Neilsouth
The undead have returned!

Pirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled withPirate Neilsouth is not someone to be trifled with

har har ^ , i only give out bad rep unless its REALLY deserved... I remember getting a bad rep just because i pointed to another thread because it was a recent dupe and the bad rep was - i didnt ask

I prefer to give out positive and receive nice comments
Old Feb 17, 2007, 04:17 PM   #14
Crazy Legs
I pity the fool

Crazy Legs is still being judged by the masses

There should be a 48-hour lag for assigning retaliation negative rep. It's stupid that people can't take criticism without slamming the person right back.

Overall, the system simply doesn't work. It's a popularity contest for positive rep. Negative rep is not constructive (like it should be) because the users act like 5-year-olds.

If destiny's kind, I've got the rest of my life...

Personalized Said53 Quote:
Thanks bro you bather start leaft that iron agen to keep some noob out from you self and look mucho for girls :)
Old Feb 18, 2007, 01:03 PM   #15
Raged_Fanatic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Legs View Post
There should be a 48-hour lag for assigning retaliation negative rep. It's stupid that people can't take criticism without slamming the person right back.

Overall, the system simply doesn't work. It's a popularity contest for positive rep. Negative rep is not constructive (like it should be) because the users act like 5-year-olds.
I don't care about it honestly. This just points out the difference between people that appreciate your help and the crybabies. As you can see, VW_Factor is one of the latter.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 01:49 PM   #16
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

As with anything else in the forum, if you see someone abusing the system than go ahead and report it via PM to a mod/smod/admin and we'll take a look and take action if deemed necessary.

But seriously, some of you need to grow some thicker skin. And others of you, the abusers, simply need to grow up and stop trying to ruin something that can be a lot of fun.

Closed.