Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Sep 12, 2019, 09:38 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Microsoft Windows 7 I knew ye well

so I am packing up my Windows 7 work desktop today and replacing with my i7 powerhouse Windows 10 pro 2 in 1

Have to admit I have nostalgic feelings for 7. It was so easy to use as a administrator. I love 10 as a user but fixing things and making changes as an IT person, 7 was the bomb. The company as a whole the network engineer and I had long ago switched everyone else to 10 so my PC was the last of the 7s. Well ahead of the corporate goal of this December. But today is the day my PC is going away I am copying over my favorites and files as type this post. So sad.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 01:18 PM   #2
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Ryo-Ohki is still being judged by the masses

I'm still not quite over Windows XP

Windows 7 was all right I guess. I didn't really "connect" with it. I liked Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2 better, still do, even though 10/ Server 2016/Server 2019 are in full swing and I'm knee deep in them at work. Something about rooting for the underdog I guess
Old Sep 12, 2019, 01:39 PM   #3
jimmyboy
Walk it off!

jimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badgesjimmyboy doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo-Ohki View Post
I'm still not quite over Windows XP

Windows 7 was all right I guess. I didn't really "connect" with it. I liked Windows 8.1/Windows Server 2012 R2 better, still do, even though 10/ Server 2016/Server 2019 are in full swing and I'm knee deep in them at work. Something about rooting for the underdog I guess
In my personal PC world I held onto XP for as long as humanly possible. Then I jumped over to 7, which I will cling to the same way.

Professionally, I upgrade as I'm required to.
jimmyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 12, 2019, 04:04 PM   #4
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

That will be the last Win7 PC I touch unless a friend or family member that has Win7 crawls out of the woodwork asking for help. But most of them I know about updated to Win10 long ago as well. Looks like I live in a Win10 world now. O_O
Old Sep 12, 2019, 04:06 PM   #5
curio
𐐒ananaD

curio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished roadcurio nears the end of the distinguished road

I did love Win 7 - thought it was a solid upgrade over XP
Old Sep 12, 2019, 04:10 PM   #6
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I've been using win10 for nearly 2 years now and I still rate win 7 as the better OS. They're pretty close though.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 08:26 PM   #7
MasterGoa
Life is not a task.

MasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English ChannelMasterGoa once jumped the English Channel

Being still on 7, but having my HTPC on 10, I do like the latest update that makes
cleaning up bloatware much easier. Also, removed bloatware stays removed
which is awesome.

In the end, FF is the same so 90% is the same on 7 or 10

Having said this, what is next? MS already said 10 is their last OS...
MasterGoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 09:37 PM   #8
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

The latest versions of 10 are really solid. I don't miss Win 7 at all these days.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:14 PM   #9
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

I have forgotten what Win 7 was like. Why you gays so sentimental?
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2019, 11:54 PM   #10
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterGoa View Post
Having said this, what is next? MS already said 10 is their last OS...
More Windows 10 with incremental upgrades as they've been doing since 1511. And for businesses, more move to Azure.

Last edited by Ryo-Ohki : Sep 14, 2019 at 12:11 AM.
Ryo-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2019, 11:49 AM   #11
Ryo-Ohki
Cabbit

The only thing I truly regret from Windows 7 is Aero Glass. The visuals were pretty nice. While I like the tiling of Metro and the squarer look of the UI, transparency effects will be missed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAC View Post
I have forgotten what Win 7 was like. Why you gays so sentimental?
Bless our soft little hearts
Old Sep 16, 2019, 09:35 PM   #12
gamefoo21
Rage Furry X

gamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badgesgamefoo21 doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Vista SE!

My Thinkpad circa 2k6, is rocking 10 Pro x64 1903...

XP Pro x86, XP Pro x64, Vista Ultimate x64, 7 x64, 10 x64 flavours.

8 and 8.1 were so disappointing.

Heatware
gamefoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote