Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:08 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
NoGuts
Rage3D Veteran

NoGuts once held a door open for a complete strangerNoGuts once held a door open for a complete strangerNoGuts once held a door open for a complete strangerNoGuts once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default iPwned to the idiots again!

Man buys $1,000 worth of iPhone pixels by accident

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/08...i_am_rich_app/
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:15 AM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

I saw that app on the App store too...lol.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:21 AM   #3
RadeonBBQ
touchdown.

RadeonBBQ is still being judged by the masses

i thought i was the only one that bought that...
HP W2207
1TB+500GB Seagate Barracuda
Corsair HX1000W
Visiontek HD4870X2

http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/588819.png
RadeonBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:22 AM   #4
JonZ
Radeon Arctic Islands

JonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselJonZ exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Steve Jobs doesn't have a sense of humor. But he does take pity on the slow.
no shi.
JonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 11:49 AM   #5
Nosferatu
Hasta la victoria siempre

Nosferatu is still being judged by the masses

Any of out resident apple-fags bought it?
I'm looking forward to review
Old Aug 8, 2008, 01:13 PM   #6
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 01:18 PM   #7
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

That is just to funny.
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 01:25 PM   #8
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Ya know maybe I'm simply just a Luddite but I just don't get the attraction people have to these do it all cell phones. I don't want to take pictures, surf the net, text people.

I want to make a friggin phone call with a phone. Yes, I know that sounds strange that I don't want to control satellites in orbit from a mobile phone but thats how it is.

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 01:33 PM   #9
NissanNazi
Needs more boost!

NissanNazi is still being judged by the masses

Don't take this the wrong way Bete but I've found usually it's the people with simple lives that want a simple phone. I need my phone to browse internet so I can check my stocks, bank account, emails and whatever else I need to carry on my busy lifestyle. Sometimes I envy the people who only need their phone to make a call .

NissanNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 01:40 PM   #10
bete
Huh?

bete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestbete considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNazi View Post
Don't take this the wrong way Bete but I've found usually it's the people with simple lives that want a simple phone. I need my phone to browse internet so I can check my stocks, bank account, emails and whatever else I need to carry on my busy lifestyle. Sometimes I envy the people who only need their phone to make a call .
Understood and no offense taken. My investments are handled by my brokerage, I know what's in my bank account and email is a giant time suck.

like rage is not...at least it's more fun in here

There is no gray area. There is right and wrong and I will decide which side your on.
bete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 06:03 PM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bete View Post
Ya know maybe I'm simply just a Luddite but I just don't get the attraction people have to these do it all cell phones. I don't want to take pictures, surf the net, text people.

I want to make a friggin phone call with a phone. Yes, I know that sounds strange that I don't want to control satellites in orbit from a mobile phone but thats how it is.
I need my do everything phone, I'm trying to start my guitar building business, and the internet is the primary means for getting my name out there, so I need email and web browsing, so my blackberry is my savior. Txt messaging isn't as important to me, but right now, when I'm not near a computer, my blackberry is my business.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 06:11 PM   #12
zebra 204
Rage3D Manches Veteran

zebra 204 is still being judged by the masses

The battery usually dies before I ever have to call anyone or even receive a call on my cell.

To Play List: Everything else
zebra 204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:59 PM   #13
Hidavi
I'm Way Up

Hidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHidavi can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

what a ****tard
Hidavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2008, 09:52 PM   #14
Pinedon
1k posts and going strong

Pinedon is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

QF mother ****ing T
Old Aug 8, 2008, 10:33 PM   #15
Vorpal
Radeon R700

Vorpal is still being judged by the masses

Quote:

I have an older friend at work with the same attitude. He also is still stuck on his 27" tube TV and refuses to buy an LCD.

-Text messages save time. I'd rather send a simple text than get sucked into a phone call. Why make a phone call just to say "I'll be home at 5:30"?
-Taking a picture somewhere and sening it instantly to someone can come in real handy "here honey - pick the one you want"
-Internet Access on the go (including mobile maps) can come in real handy. My wife sent me a text while I was out last weekend that she would love it if I brought home some pizza so I pulled up the Little Ceasors website. The iPhone makes any phone numbers a hyperlink so I just pulled up the store and clicked on a button. I didn't have to call 411 to get a number or wait around at the place for 15 minutes because I couldn't order until I got there.
-I had an eBay auction last week that closed with a bad buyer who violated the listing requirements. I was able to kill the auction and send out "2nd chance" offers while I was at work (eBay blocked at work). The next highest bidder excepted and made an immediate payment five minutes later.
-I was stuck waiting at a tire shop for 45 minutes last week. I pulled out my phone and did a little web surfing and game playing to kill the time. The time went by really fast.
-I heard a new song on the radio last week and used Shazam on the iPhone to ID it and when I got home I bought it. Otherwise I would have forgotten about it.
(etc)

Long story short: Smart phones come in handy for a lot of things and can make life a lot easier and better.

Last edited by Vorpal : Aug 8, 2008 at 10:36 PM.
Vorpal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2008, 10:00 AM   #16
xxJACKxx
Radeon R420

xxJACKxx is still being judged by the masses

It was no accident. It is a stupid tax.
xxJACKxx is offline   Reply With Quote