Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old May 28, 2015, 03:22 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Android M

System images available for Nexus 5, 6, 9 and player (Looks like the end for Nexus 4).

https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html

General Overview:

http://www.neowin.net/news/google-an...eloper-preview

Who's diving in?
Old May 28, 2015, 05:17 PM   #2
night
Radeon Arctic Islands

night can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultynight can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Android: Other M
Old May 28, 2015, 05:57 PM   #3
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Apparently 8 out of 10 smart phones are Android. Suck it Apple.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 29, 2015, 09:16 AM   #4
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Apparently 8 out of 10 smart phones are Android. Suck it Apple.
8 out of 10 Android owners wish they had an iPhone. Android is getting a big boost from developing markets and the obsolescence of cheap flip phones.
GTwannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2015, 06:48 PM   #5
t3hl33td4rg0n
env x='() { :;};

t3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwardst3hl33td4rg0n can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTwannabe View Post
8 out of 10 Android owners wish they had an iPhone.
Don't know anyone on android who wants an iphone. But, I do have a friend who hates his iphone and only uses it because it's free for his job.
Gaming Computer: Core i7 3770k | MSI Z77 MPOWER | MSI 1080 Twin Frozr | Acer Predator X34 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 PC2100 | Antec DF-85 | Cooler Master Silent Gold Pro 800W | 2x 128GB Samsung 830 SSD's | 4TB Hitachi | 4TB HGST
Server: Core i5 4670 | MSI Z87 MPOWER MAX AC | eVGA GTX980 | 8GB G.SKILL DDR3 1866 | Lian-Li V2120X | Corsair RM750 750W | 64GB Samsung 830 Pro SSD | 4x 4TB WDC Red
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2015, 10:33 PM   #6
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

If my little Nexus 4 is dropped, might just be the nudge I need to buy a new phone.... that or start playing with custom builds.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib -
4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi Go! Pro(Yes, darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2015, 12:02 PM   #7
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

The alleged new 5.2" LG Nexus is making my palms sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

I just got 5.1.1, probably going to wait for a bit before jumping onto M. I reckon 3-4 weeks or so ought to help, especially with the alarm clock bug. I kinda need to be able to snooze my alarm clock for 10 mins. 24 hours might be a bit much
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2015, 12:07 PM   #8
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
The alleged new 5.2" LG Nexus is making my palms sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy

I just got 5.1.1, probably going to wait for a bit before jumping onto M. I reckon 3-4 weeks or so ought to help, especially with the alarm clock bug. I kinda need to be able to snooze my alarm clock for 10 mins. 24 hours might be a bit much
If it has a proper fingerprint sensor I may just have to consider it. It would still need to have better battery life than my current Z3 though.
Old May 31, 2015, 12:10 PM   #9
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Sazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSazar is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
If it has a proper fingerprint sensor I may just have to consider it. It would still need to have better battery life than my current Z3 though.
Software is now baked into Android by default. The dimple on the 6, for example, was supposed to have a reader. Plans were included but Apple bought the company Google was working with, and they just happened to be far enough ahead of their competition that it was a big loss.

Seems like folks have caught up so here's to hoping.

I don't personally use it, but don't see why I couldn't adopt it down the road
Old May 31, 2015, 12:17 PM   #10
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
8 out of 10 Android owners wish they had an iPhone.
News to me.
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2015, 12:25 PM   #11
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
News to me.
It's news to 8 out of 10 Android users too.
Old May 31, 2015, 02:57 PM   #12
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

GTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyGTwannabe can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:

Hopefully it doesn't take Google 18 months to fix all the memory leaks like the Nexus 5.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 06:46 PM   #13
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
8 out of 10 Android owners wish they had an iPhone. Android is getting a big boost from developing markets and the obsolescence of cheap flip phones.
You are an asset to this community, your arguments, facts, and resources know no bounds. I always appreciate reading your post and the detailed value you represent to our community is unparalleled. Thank you for your time, and utilizing it to show us all how high of a standard we should all be at.
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2015, 10:01 AM   #14
Sazar
Rage3D Spammer

Quote:
Hopefully it doesn't take Google 18 months to fix all the memory leaks like the Nexus 5.
AFAIK, there is only 1 real leak and it only affects some configurations. I haven't had any issues on 5.1.1.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 09:25 AM   #15
GTwannabe
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
AFAIK, there is only 1 real leak and it only affects some configurations. I haven't had any issues on 5.1.1.
5.1.1 is pretty solid, but I had a bunch of problems prior to 5.1:

- random app crashes/weirdness unless phone was rebooted weekly
- location based smartlock did not work at all
- screen would never sleep while charging
- "OK Google" while screen off and charging would sometimes not wake the phone. Press the power button and it would suddenly try to run all the stacked up "OK Google" actions in rapid succession
Old Jun 4, 2015, 10:11 AM   #16
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Have had 5.0.2 for a day now and it's been most excellent. Got root right away too. I wish autocorrect wasn't completely hosed in Chrome still though.