Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Jul 30, 2013, 03:44 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax View Post
Where the **** is 4.3? Some people are saying it was already pushed onto their Nexus 7. I got mine shortly after launch. I got a Nexus device so I would not have to wait for this crap. I guess google doesn't want every nexus device downloading the file at once? At least push it based on seniority.
This worked for me:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework.
3. Tap on Force Stop.
4. Select Clear Data.
5. Head back to Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.

Prior to these steps, my device wouldn't update, even when manually checking for the update.

EDIT: Voodoo OTA root keeper won't work with 4.3, you will need to manually re-root, follow this guide http://wccftech.com/how-to-root-nexu...d-install-cwm/

Last edited by ViN86 : Jul 30, 2013 at 04:03 PM.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:38 PM   #32
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
This worked for me:

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All
2. Find Google Services Framework.
3. Tap on Force Stop.
4. Select Clear Data.
5. Head back to Settings, go to About, and check for a System Update.

Prior to these steps, my device wouldn't update, even when manually checking for the update.

EDIT: Voodoo OTA root keeper won't work with 4.3, you will need to manually re-root, follow this guide http://wccftech.com/how-to-root-nexu...d-install-cwm/
Finally pushed it to mine late last night. Will bookmark this for future use though. My device is not rooted. I read on xda that i could also force it by downloading some developer software and booting the device into something like a safemode by holding the volume button up while booting for lack of better terminology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:53 PM   #33
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Linus Torvalds loves his Nexus 7 (original).

https://plus.google.com/102150693225...ts/WrR3rzpR57n

Has a new N7 on order.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 4, 2013, 07:06 PM   #34
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Really tempted to pick this one up, dont really need it but it looks like a nice 7" Tablet at a very reasonable price, can even pick up the 32GB model for $230 with tax this week.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2013, 10:07 AM   #35
Zero
Sass hole

Zero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English ChannelZero once jumped the English Channel

Seems to be some issue with speaker buzz, anyone notice this on theirs?

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
mad"
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2013, 08:12 PM   #36
Payne3d
[Fancy a Butcher's?]

Payne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird singsPayne3d knows why the caged bird sings

i wanted to see the responsiveness of the Qualcomm processor on this tablet so I went to Staples to see if I could play with one. They had one on display but it was running in some "retail store" mode. It wouldn't allow me to run the applications myself. Why do stores do this? At least the screen quality was nice.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 08:23 AM   #37
AdelphiaX
Radeon Caribbean Islands

AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'AdelphiaX once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne3d View Post
i wanted to see the responsiveness of the Qualcomm processor on this tablet so I went to Staples to see if I could play with one. They had one on display but it was running in some "retail store" mode. It wouldn't allow me to run the applications myself. Why do stores do this? At least the screen quality was nice.
2 reasons.

1.) They do that so teenagers don't muck it up or load up questionable content. Then little miss 9 year old goes to play on it and discovers the material. Now the store is handing out, what would have been, avoidable discounts

1a.) Data integrity. Don't want to sell something that has someone elses data on it because they used the demo to work on something for a few minutes.
Old Aug 8, 2013, 08:25 AM   #38
swingline
Dab on them folks

swingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Dieselswingline exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Subscriber

Where can I pick one of these up?
The man who in times of popular excitement boldly and unflinchingly resists hot-tempered clamor for an unnecessary war, and thus exposes himself to the opprobrious imputation of a lack of patriotism or of courage, to the end of saving his country from a great calamity, is, as to "loving and faithfully serving his country," at least as good a patriot as the hero of the most daring feat of arms, and a far better one than those who, with an ostentatious pretense of superior patriotism, cry for war before it is needed, especially if then they let others do the fighting. - Carl Schurz

RIP Jesse
swingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 09:18 AM   #39
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:04 AM   #40
ViN86
Drinking your milkshake

ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'ViN86 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Wow, that's strange.

So, NVIDIA, a company renowned for closed driver sets, releases theirs for AOSP with the first gen Nexus 7, but Qualcomm won't release theirs...
Old Aug 8, 2013, 08:57 PM   #41
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird singsNascar24 knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingline View Post
Where can I pick one of these up?
Selling out locally because of the officemax 20 percent off coupon this week. I almost picked one up but decided not too. They are for the most part out of stock at officemax at the moment. You can find the thread over at slickdeals if you want to try and hunt one down.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote