Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Smartphones, Tablets and Handheld Computing From Android, Symbian to Apple devices, this is the place for discussion and debate, whether it's smartphones, tablets or even gaming handhelds.

Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:11 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default MMMmmMm...

Well not too sure about MmMMmmmm just yet but i just got 2 BB Torch's which im just currently setting up for some exec's. I dont get mine yet, dont even know they will let me have one. They'll probably just replace my Bold with a Bold2. Anyways it feels pretty damn solid, i like the weight it has. The first thing i didnt like is the back cover... seems to flimsy and fragile. Got some Case Mates for it which are a tight snug but help quite a bit. Tho they do make the case feel a little clunkier. I prefer no cases personally.

Will comment on the performance and layout once i get them going. Nice neat little video to welcome you. The screen feels pretty accurate thus far. Again ill get a better feel for it once i put some more time into them.

Size, very similar to the Bold 2's... yes a bit bigger but for me not by much.

Two quick images;

**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

MMMmmMmeh

Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:18 PM   #3
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Well not too sure about MmMMmmmm just yet but i just got 2 BB Torch's which im just currently setting up for some exec's. I dont get mine yet, dont even know they will let me have one. They'll probably just replace my Bold with a Bold2. Anyways it feels pretty damn solid, i like the weight it has. The first thing i didnt like is the back cover... seems to flimsy and fragile. Got some Case Mates for it which are a tight snug but help quite a bit. Tho they do make the case feel a little clunkier. I prefer no cases personally.

Will comment on the performance and layout once i get them going. Nice neat little video to welcome you. The screen feels pretty accurate thus far. Again ill get a better feel for it once i put some more time into them.

Size, very similar to the Bold 2's... yes a bit bigger but for me not by much.

Two quick images;

Sweet, when do you finally get your own?
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:24 PM   #4
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
MMMmmMmeh

We'll see... agreed there are some better product's out there but this might be a great device for its market. There are some out there who dont need all the flashy stuff! BUT, Torch users need to know their place and not start hailing this as any holy grail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Sweet, when do you finally get your own?
Unsure... just got 2 (CEO and VP) so far, it will be up to them on how things will roll out. They currently have Bold2's which will more than likely be passed down. Being tech we may get them seeing that we'll have to provide support for the people who have them. Well, that will be my angle of attack!
Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:31 PM   #5
pahncrd
Stranger in a Strange LAN

pahncrd is still being judged by the masses

Subscriber

Quote:
Unsure... just got 2 (CEO and VP) so far, it will be up to them on how things will roll out. They currently have Bold2's which will more than likely be passed down. Being tech we may get them seeing that we'll have to provide support for the people who have them. Well, that will be my angle of attack!
Good call. If you make it seem as if it will cut the time that they will be without their device, I'm betting they'll make sure to get you one. Nothing pisses off execs more than minor personal inconvenience.
pahncrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2010, 01:41 PM   #6
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
Good call. If you make it seem as if it will cut the time that they will be without their device, I'm betting they'll make sure to get you one. Nothing pisses off execs more than minor personal inconvenience.
Oh i know... especially in this place. Tech has pretty much become their personal IT guru's... meaning we take care of their personal crap. The culture here is, special.

Its hard to say, we're still pretty tight on budgets and such but the big wigs like to stay on top in the tech side. I guess in their world its a status sign. Fingers are crossed tho... im just hoping to get a Bold2 at least, my Bold 9000 has been through the wringer and back. Still works but there are some random oddities that are getting to be annoying.
Old Sep 30, 2010, 11:12 PM   #7
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird singsDestroy knows why the caged bird sings

Nice, be curious to hear what you think.

I'd love a Torch but not in my budget. Maybe in 2 years when I upgrade I'll get the Torch2 or something.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 02:26 PM   #8
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Well i only used it for a few hrs before handing it off, the device has potential but i think there might be some issues. I dont think ill like the device layout, hardware design, as much as i initially did. For a small phone it has some weight which could lead to problems for clumsy people. I personally dont mind the weight and to me it feels like a little tank, but for some reason in the back of my head i think its weigh might be an issue when people start dropping these things. Now im probably being a little more critical than i should but being a BB user for many years ive always liked how they held up to daily wear and tear, with this one tho im actually a little worried to see how this will hold up. I'm afraid that the screen and the sliding keyboard will just shatter apart once it hits the ground. Yes i know it might be a silly thing to comments about, but when you hold the device it was one of the first things that popped into my head. Then again i may be just paranoid as im always dealing with people abusing their phones... In regards to the touchscreen the menus and layout seem fine and dandy which beings a new slickness to it, but i had a real hard time with the touch keyboard as I kept finding myself mistyping every other word. Now i may just chalk that up to my touchscreen noobness but the screen might be too small/tight for using a touch keyboard. Battery life doesnt seem to be as good as my Bold which is not a good thing as my Bold sucks. With my current Bold I cant survive 8hrs without having to charge it when using 3G. If im on 2G (edge) i can see it lasting a weekend, but anything 3g the phone just eats the battery like no tomorrow.

Other than that, the OS and its responsiveness seemed pretty good, again my gripes might be too critical but they do worry me a bit.

Last edited by **G.I.BRO** : Oct 2, 2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 02:30 PM   #9
erek
Banned

erek is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Well i only used it for a few hrs before handing it off, the device has potential but there will be some issues. I dont think ill like the device layout, hardware design, as much as i initially did. For a small phone it has some weight which could lead to problems for clumsy people. I personally dont mind the weight and to me it feels like a little tank, but for some reason in the back of my head i think its weigh might be an issue when people start dropping these things. Now im probably being a little more critical than i should but being a BB user for many years ive always liked how they held up to daily wear and tear, with this one tho im actually a little worried to see how this will hold up. I'm afraid that the screen and the sliding keyboard will just shatter apart once it hits the ground. Yes i know it might be a silly thing to comments about, but when you hold the device it was one of the first things that popped into my head. Then again i may be just paranoid as im always dealing with people abusing their phones... In regards to the touchscreen the menus and layout seem fine and dandy, but i had a real hard time with the touch keyboard as I found myself mistyping every other word... but i may chalk that up to me not using many touch devices but i think maybe the screen is just too small for using a touch keyboard. Battery life doesnt seem to be as good as my Bold tho, which is not a good thing as my Bold sucks. I cant survive 8hrs without having to charge it when using 3G. If im on 2G (edge) i can see it lasting a weekend, but anything 3g and the phone just eats the battery like no tomorrow.

Other than that, the OS and its responsiveness seemed pretty good, again my gripes might be too critical but they do worry me a bit.
pics with it powered on?
erek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2010, 02:41 PM   #10
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally Posted by erek View Post
pics with it powered on?
Sorry i didnt take any as i only had my own BB to take pics with which are crap when compared to whats already out there.