Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:50 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default A new Titanfall is still a possibility "sometime down the road," EA says

https://www.gamesradar.com/a-new-tit...-road-ea-says/

"Discussing EA's acquisition of Titanfall and Apex Legends developer Respawn Entertainment, Jorgensen said: "We were able to bring them into the fold and give them incredible support and it was all driven by the fact that they have incredible talent. It wasn't about Titanfall – no offense to Titanfall. It's an amazing game and maybe you'll see Titanfall sometime down the road. But it was really about the team."

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 10:51 AM   #2
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

No thanks. Create something new and fresh please.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:02 AM   #3
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Am OK with another Titanfall. Just need to ensure that the community holds more than a month.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:15 AM   #4
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Each titanfall online community died fast. When will they learn? Unless its f2p dont bother making it imo.

Old Aug 5, 2020, 11:26 AM   #5
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Well with Apex already being in the same universe, might be a better idea to give that a perm Titan mode than give us a new stand-alone Titan game.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Trunks0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:10 PM   #6
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

The SP campaigns have been outstanding so I'm in for more.

yoz
Old Aug 5, 2020, 02:34 PM   #7
xCLAVEx
Not gone

xCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete strangerxCLAVEx once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroig View Post
This is all I'm interested in. I play only one game multiplayer, League of Legends, and ONLY ARAM (basically a quicker, casual mode). All other games I play first and foremost single player. If they have a multiplayer option, great...otherwise doesn't matter.

If they made it multiplayer only, then I'd pass.

"America is not divided by race. color, gender, or sexual orientation.
America is divided into wise people and fools.
And fools divide themselves by race, color, gender, or sexual orientation."
xCLAVEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 02:39 PM   #8
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Plural? It's just the one for TF2, right?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 04:33 PM   #9
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Each titanfall online community died fast. When will they learn? Unless its f2p dont bother making it imo.
This is true, but EA did them no favours. They released both games in strange windows with little fanfare on the heals of other bigger EA titles like Battlefield and Battlefront. The fact that Titan Fall has maintained its place over the years is a testament to how good it is. It's made a huge resurgence on Steam as proof that the game was great, but the marketing and release was flawed.

I'm just happy that EA didn't dissolve Respawn. They know how to make good games.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2020, 05:12 PM   #10
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by twonha View Post
Plural? It's just the one for TF2, right?
No, TF1 had a good one too.

yoz
Old Aug 5, 2020, 05:24 PM   #11
twonha
Yods be silent!

twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'twonha once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
No, TF1 had a good one too.
https://titanfall.fandom.com/wiki/Ti...0the%20mission.

"The Titanfall campaign takes the form of a series of multiplayer matches on Attrition and Hardpoint Domination. The story plays out with character dialogue playing in pre-game lobbies and in the matches, with the campaign versions for each map having several unique setpieces not seen in regular multiplayer (such as the railgun of Outpost 207 destroying IMS Sentinel). "

Not really a single player campaign then, but story elements in multiplayer?
Old Aug 5, 2020, 09:52 PM   #12
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Titanfall (the original) had the most impressive multiplayer I'd seen in decades. I loved every second of the 5 hours I put into it.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 03:55 AM   #13
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

When Apex loses steam they might look at it.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2020, 04:01 AM   #14
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Trunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird singsTrunks0 knows why the caged bird sings

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
When Apex loses steam they might look at it.
Which given it's current top tier popularity... not sure that's gonna happen anytime soon. Although, Respawn recently opened a new "studio" here in Vancouver at EA's campus specifically for Apex. I'd assume that's so Respawn's main studio can focus into their next games. (Of which that is announced would be Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond for Oculus Quest... funny how the co-founders of Infinity Ward and CoD are now working on a Medal of Honor game)

Btw... if it's located at, and inside, EA's campus... for the very purpose of using EA resources and is mostly internal EA hires... how is that not just an EA team for Apex? Guess it doesn't really matter given they are owned by EA.

System:
Gigabyte Z87X D3H - Intel i5 4670k @ 4.2Ghz - CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Black RGB - 16Gb Kingston HyperX Black DDR3-1600 - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - Asus Radeon R9 Fury STRIX - X-Fi XtremeMusic(darkside lives on) - Windows 10 64-bit
Old Aug 6, 2020, 10:22 AM   #15
logical
What is my purpose?

Where can we see numbers for Apex on its popularity?

Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:24 AM   #16
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
Where can we see numbers for Apex on its popularity?
To be fair, little googling and the only stat I can find is from Oct 2019 for player base. When it had reached a player base of 70 million.

"Playercounter" is putting it at about 1 million players at the time I'm posting this. No idea if that is accurate though.

System:
Old Aug 7, 2020, 12:29 PM   #17
Jet Black
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Jet Black once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

They have a new dedicated Apex Legends development team they spun out, so they don't need the same resources for a new TF game. I don't see it for a while, though, since they have other games to finish and it takes a while to build up steam etc. That said, EA or Respawn, I believe, already said that Apex was a decade-long commitment, so if they wait ten years for a new Titan Fall game, may as well not say anything at all.
Jet Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 12:46 PM   #18
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
They should refocus the games on being more SP focused with MP only as an additional perk. MP only games struggle too much to catch on and maintain a playerbase now adays. There are a few exceptions that work out, but usually it's because they have their own niche (i.e.; Dead By Daylight). Most others are simply dead six months after release.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2020, 01:43 PM   #19
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagorak View Post
They should refocus the games on being more SP focused with MP only as an additional perk. MP only games struggle too much to catch on and maintain a playerbase now adays. There are a few exceptions that work out, but usually it's because they have their own niche (i.e.; Dead By Daylight). Most others are simply dead six months after release.
I agree, like EA did with SW: Jedi - Fallen Order.

yoz
Old Aug 7, 2020, 04:18 PM   #20
Trunks0
Keeping an open mind

Subscriber

A SP only Titanfall game would be awesome . Letting Apex Legends be the MP side of the Titanfall universe wouldn't be a terrible compromise.

Quote:
I agree, like EA did with SW: Jedi - Fallen Order.
Which funnily enough, was also Respawn Entertainment

System:
Old Aug 7, 2020, 05:07 PM   #21
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunks0 View Post
A SP only Titanfall game would be awesome . Letting Apex Legends be the MP side of the Titanfall universe wouldn't be a terrible compromise.

Which funnily enough, was also Respawn Entertainment

yoz
Old Aug 7, 2020, 11:03 PM   #22
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'd play it, especially if it had more Titan, less fall.