Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 13, 2020, 03:42 PM   #721
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
this

the masses of Nvidia faithful all ready have the money in hand
Like yourself?

Quote:

Nvidia wants all those stimulus checks
Or those insurance settlement checks.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2020, 04:46 PM   #722
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Like yourself?

Or those insurance settlement checks.
nope not this time i think

i think the navi 2x maybe as high as 1000 bucks this time with COVID-19 raising costs
and the 3080 ti will be 1200 to 1500

so at these prices only one card this time, I used to get 4 cards(2 green & 2 red) for less than 2000 bucks now you can't get two
and if the navi 2x is as fast as rumors i will go with Ruby this time

if not the 3080 ti best do 4k/90+ with RTX on with a HDMI 2.1 screen
to get me to pay those prices again to the dark side
or i will hold what i got and save a lot of cash
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2020, 07:07 PM   #723
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Any one have a live stream link for this? Starts in 13 hours
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 13, 2020, 07:30 PM   #724
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Any one have a live stream link for this? Starts in 13 hours
Sure, here:
https://tinyurl.com/y87vumcz
Old May 13, 2020, 07:34 PM   #725
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

How bout a surprise release tomorrow for gaming cards!
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2020, 07:34 PM   #726
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

No, I want a live stream link for the announcements, not KACs diary!
Old May 13, 2020, 08:15 PM   #727
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Youtube.com
Nvidia.com
Buttsechsomgrafix.com
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2020, 08:32 PM   #728
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I have a bad feeling tomorrow is going to be all "AI, smart cars, data center, movies!".

The tech site rumors are they tried to cheap out on TSMC, and got told to **** off, and decided, to play ball. If true they're going to be delayed. I hope those rumors are wrong, and they come out with some gaming GPU news tomorrow, but I seriously doubt they do.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2020, 09:38 PM   #729
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

We probably are going to get very little on the gaming side tomorrow, that’s probably going to come in a few more months.
Old May 13, 2020, 09:47 PM   #730
Megaman
Packing heat!

I would think all these rumours are a little too far away for there not to be an announcement in the next 11 hours.
Old May 13, 2020, 10:14 PM   #731
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
I would think all these rumours are a little too far away for there not to be an announcement in the next 11 hours.
only thing we will see is a tesla
Old May 14, 2020, 05:39 AM   #732
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

nVidia

I really hope I'm wrong on everything I just wrote. Just prepared for anything. I'd buy a new card for true 2.1 48Gbps (running LG OLED that's been waiting and waiting and waiting). Let's see what happens
Old May 14, 2020, 05:42 AM   #733
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
I have a bad feeling tomorrow is going to be all "AI, smart cars, data center, movies!".

The tech site rumors are they tried to cheap out on TSMC, and got told to **** off, and decided, to play ball. If true they're going to be delayed. I hope those rumors are wrong, and they come out with some gaming GPU news tomorrow, but I seriously doubt they do.
I thought it was already well known that the announcement is about HPC products? And since the last several years gamers are 3rd class citizens for Nvidia anyway.
Old May 14, 2020, 06:21 AM   #734
Megaman
Packing heat!

The i9-10900K is $1000 here so I'm going to say NV will price these GPUs on the same level as Turing. Even if there is a global recession, we wont see better prices from these greedy f*ckers
Old May 14, 2020, 08:19 AM   #735
Megaman
Packing heat!

Oh well....the wait continues!
Old May 14, 2020, 08:21 AM   #736
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Wow, looks like the leaks were true regarding the GA100. It's got 8192 cuda cores and a 6144 bit memory bus. 20x the speed of their last data center GPU with 4X the video memory at 96GB of Vram and 1 petaflops of compute. They really did hit that 826mm2 die on 7nm. Crazy, they certainly haven't been sitting on their hands over there at NV.

Last edited by the_sextein : May 16, 2020 at 08:35 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2020, 08:22 AM   #737
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Yeah the nub didn’t unveil desktop omgrafix.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2020, 08:27 AM   #738
Nascar24

Oh how exciting! NOT! Was there no mention at all? Didn't see it. Time to get AMPED!
Old May 14, 2020, 08:41 AM   #739
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Hey, atleast they showed the infiltrator demo from 5 years ago and Minecraft.....
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2020, 10:54 AM   #740
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Old May 14, 2020, 01:16 PM   #741
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

I don't know why yall were expecting gaming card news, this was specifically going to be a compute card. It's only May.

But, you can see from the specs how a consumer card is going to look, and if those cores carryover its going to be a monster of a gaming card. Just don't expect any news on that till summer or later in the year.
Old May 14, 2020, 03:07 PM   #742
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
I don't know why yall were expecting gaming card news, this was specifically going to be a compute card. It's only May.

But, you can see from the specs how a consumer card is going to look, and if those cores carryover its going to be a monster of a gaming card. Just don't expect any news on that till summer or later in the year.
yep

a monster of a + 40% gaming card
Old May 14, 2020, 03:10 PM   #743
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Quote:
yep

a monster of a + 40% gaming card
That you will spend $1500 on
Old May 14, 2020, 03:13 PM   #744
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
That you will spend $1500 on
not

and it's not going to be out till Q1 2021 after AMD

so why not buy AMD if it is 25% or more faster than a 2080 ti
Old May 14, 2020, 03:19 PM   #745
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

That's gonna be October of this year, when fiscal quarter 2021 starts. Probably preceded by a September announcement.

Start flexing them back or hip joints and decide which one to face the oncoming vehicle
Old May 14, 2020, 03:30 PM   #746
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

[quote=Exposed;1338193402]That's gonna be October of this year, when fiscal quarter 2021 starts. Probably preceded by a September announcement.

Start flexing them back or hip joints and decide which one to face the oncoming vehicle [/QUOTE

nope i don't think so

and i already got the 1600 cash in my desk drawer for one 3080 ti the ****en virus has been good for AC work

or maybe i will spend it on two navi 2x's
Old May 14, 2020, 03:32 PM   #747
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

[quote=bill dennison;1338193404]
Quote:
That's gonna be October of this year, when fiscal quarter 2021 starts. Probably preceded by a September announcement.

Start flexing them back or hip joints and decide which one to face the oncoming vehicle [/QUOTE

nope i don't think so

AND i already got the 1600 cash in my desk drawer for one 3080 ti the ****en virus has been good for AC work

or maybe i will spend it on two navi 2x's
Let me know how multi-gpu support works out for you.
Old May 14, 2020, 03:36 PM   #748
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I want the new cards to come out...

Don't need to upgrade, but I want a new shiny thing.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2020, 03:38 PM   #749
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

[quote=Exposed;1338193406]
Quote:

Let me know how multi-gpu support works out for you.
actually with nvidia hopper & navi 3x most likely being MCM with HBM next year and maybe navi 2x this time

multi-gpu support maybe coming back big time to both SLI & CFX
Old May 14, 2020, 04:11 PM   #750
pax
Rage3D Spammer

pax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird singspax knows why the caged bird sings

Feels like Nvidia is doing what amd used to do which is use th same dies for both compyte and gaming... but we can see from amds splitting its gaming from compute lines that theres huge perf uplift from having a dedicated gaming chip.

So for the die size nvidia may be leaving perf on the table per mm2.

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. Asus R290 DCUII Cats 20.5.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50a bios. Ryzen 1700x. 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 20.5.1. Soundblaster X Ae5 May 10th 2018 driver. 28" Upstar 4k ips 60hz panel, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 10 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone... -My Baron he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
"Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
"The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.makepovertyhistory.org
pax is offline   Reply With Quote