Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old May 8, 2020, 09:19 PM   #631
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

So whats the reveal date on these?

Im wondering if its even worth it to get a 3080 or should I upgrade my CPU first. Still on a 5820k.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2020, 05:29 AM   #632
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by logical View Post
So whats the reveal date on these?

Im wondering if its even worth it to get a 3080 or should I upgrade my CPU first. Still on a 5820k.
CPU first, but wait for the 4 series Ryzen chips.

The conference hasn't happened yet so there isn't any new info. I believe the reveal will happen at the conference on May14.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2020, 01:28 PM   #633
aviphysics
Atari 800 FTW

aviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird singsaviphysics knows why the caged bird sings

You got to look at the CPU and GPU load in the games you play.

In my situation, with a 980ti and 4790k, for most of the games I play my GPU is the bottle neck and my CPU still has a good amount of overhead. My intent is to upgrade the GPU, and then only upgrade the CPU when the games I play begin to press it.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 9, 2020, 02:28 PM   #634
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Yeah it's going to require some research. But if I'm losing out on 10fps I'm not going to bother I don't need the max I can possibly get. I'm older and really don't care at this point. As long as I'm at 60 and I'm not even in 4k. 3440 ultrawide. Looking at games like Valhalla and cyberpunk.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2020, 05:26 PM   #635
Nagorak
Incarnation of the Nether

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
Performance will be comparable to the 5700 xt, the only difference is that it is supposed to support ray tracing.

White paper specs does not equal real world perfomance. Specially when the console clocks speeds will be much lower than the pc counter part to keep heat, noise and power draw down.

Look at the Vega 64. 64 CU's, 12.66 tflops (single precision) yet, it can't beat the gtx1080ti and trades blows with the gtx1080 that can only do 9tflops. Granted, different architecture than Navi, but it an excellent example of demonstrating that CU count and tflops are not any indicator of performance.
Personally I think based on the specs we can expect the consoles to be slightly faster to a 5700 XT, probably more in the 1080 Ti ballpark (5700 XT being ~10% slower than the 1080 Ti). The reason I'm saying that is because it appears to be a similar architecture, but the consoles are either getting more frequency or more CUs, enough to close the gap to the 1080 Ti. If there are some performance improvements in the architecture then maybe it ends up getting to the 2080 Super level. I'm not saying to expect that, just that it's within the realm of possibility.

Regarding Vega, you're right about the TFLOPs thing, but I think the problem is Vega was designed for data center first, and gaming second. There was some sort of inefficiency in the architecture when it was adapted for gaming. Still, for what it's worth, had it clocked at the same speed as the 1080 Ti, it would have rivaled it (as the Radeon 7 shows). It's just that its clocks were 400-500 MHz less, with the difference in clock speed more or less explaining the difference in performance vs the 1080 Ti (both being about equal sized chips).

I've always wondered whether the big problem with Vega was that it didn't clock as well as they expected, which is why it kind of ended up sucking (at least with out of the box performance). Even the excess power consumption was related to them pushing voltage too high just to hit the frequency they did. That's why undervolting does so much to improve the product, because if you cut 100 MHz off the frequency, you can literally halve the power consumption. Either way, it's kind of irrelevant at this point since they've moved on to RDNA.
Nagorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2020, 05:32 PM   #636
Nagorak

Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nagorak once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

I'm not really feeling the 3080 as an upgrade from a 2080 Ti. The problem is, first if the 3080 isn't significantly faster than the 2080 Ti, then why bother? But then, even if it is, you have to ask why not just wait for the 3080 Ti (assuming they're not released together again)?

For 1080 Ti users I guess it's more debatable, but that's assuming it is at least 10% faster than a 2080 Ti. Otherwise you're still not getting a whole lot for your money.
Old May 9, 2020, 06:15 PM   #637
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I agree with you on that. If the 3080 is only 10% faster than a 2 year old card and they want 8 to 9 hundred bones for it. That's not a great deal especially if consoles are near 2080 super levels. For 1080TI owners like me, we faced an even worse situation when the 2080 wasn't any faster than a 1080TI at all and had less Vram. I do think the 3080TI could be worthwhile for 1080TI owners but at what cost? Considering it's been two years I think a 40% performance improvement should be the minimum.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2020, 06:22 PM   #638
Nascar24
EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

3080 is going to be a great upgrade for a 1080 Ti owner who didn't pay the ridiculous price for a 2080 Ti. I will not pay $1200 to $1500 for the 3080 Ti. Nvidia can go F themselves when they came up with that BS for the 2000 series. The 3080 will do 4K 60fps in just about any game today is my guess and all I need at this point.
Nascar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2020, 09:02 PM   #639
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
3080 is going to be a great upgrade for a 1080 Ti owner who didn't pay the ridiculous price for a 2080 Ti. I will not pay $1200 to $1500 for the 3080 Ti. Nvidia can go F themselves when they came up with that BS for the 2000 series. The 3080 will do 4K 60fps in just about any game today is my guess and all I need at this point.
if the 3080 ti is that much the 3080 non ti will be 1000 to 1200

if AMD's navi 2x isn't out first and is not about 25%+ faster than both the 2080 ti & a 3080 non ti

we are toast .

the 3080 non ti will be 1199 and the 3080 ti will be 1499+

of course if navi 2x is good and first it will most likely be 800 to 1000+
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2020, 10:47 PM   #640
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

We know AMD has begun the process of a card launch but they have been tight lipped. Nvidia might get it's 3080 out on the market first but they will probably wait for AMD before releasing the 3080TI so they have a chance to see what RDNA2 can do. If I were in the market for a regular 3080 I would hold off until AMD launches their line of cards if they haven't already because they could offer a better card at a more affordable price. Even if they don't, Nvidia might lower the prices of the 3080 if AMD crushes them on pricing.

For the first time in my life I am actually considering a Titan. My thoughts are that the GA102 chip will probably have 5376 cuda cores and it looks like the Titan this time could be based off the GA100 chip with 8192 cuda cores. Buying 2X 3080TI's would give me 10,752 cuda cores but the Titan would give me double the Vram and I could use all 8192 cuda cores for gaming without needing SLI. I would be sacrificing 2500 cuda cores but the cost will probably be similar and I could use the extra Vram for content creation and not having the extra heat from a second card or having to deal with custom SLI profiles to get the most out of my investment with gaming would be great. It all depends on what the actual specs boil down to but I will be paying attention this time more than ever before. It looks like the Titan might actually be a significant performance leap above the 3080TI this time if the rumored specs turn out to be true.

SLI almost never doubles performance and with support being dead, the Titan may be the next best thing while working around my Vram limitations. I would miss the 2500 extra cores from a 3080TI SLI setup when it comes to rendering 3D art though so I will need to see substantial gains over the 3080TI in gaming for it to be worth it. I will also be looking for Vram use comparisons between generations of cards this time around to see how much Vram is actually being saved from the new AI assisted texture compression that Nvidia is rumored to be aiming for. If I can get by with 12GB of Vram using the new compression tech then the decision will be much harder to make.

Last edited by the_sextein : May 9, 2020 at 11:12 PM.
Old May 9, 2020, 11:16 PM   #641
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

My main concerns are a top-to-bottom Rtx 3xxx series line with much more efficient raytracing capabilities. To drive raytracing and dlss adoption and content to enjoy and to be immersed. Nothing is worse than paying steep premiums with little content to enjoy.
Old May 9, 2020, 11:25 PM   #642
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

One thing to consider in my opinion regarding RTX. Ray tracing is going to be supported by some console games and having way more RTX power will allow PC users to turn the RTX effects up a few notches higher but the support will probably be driven by console games rather than Nvidia card support because the PC doesn't have any AAA games built for it anymore. With consoles supporting ray tracing there is a much higher chance of content being made that we can enjoy. On the flip side, with no PC AAA titles there is less likely to be advanced ray tracing effects that really break new boundaries unless Nvidia pays a developer to go the extra mile beyond console.

Nvidia is known to do this with games like Dying Light 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 but those games are few and far between. I think it's likely that both cards lines will support ray tracing from the top to atleast the mid range and possibly all the way to the bottom cards now that consoles are going to be doing it even if in an extremely limited way. I'm still not convinced that consoles will be able to use Ray tracing in a meaningful way since it not likely they will be able to outperform a 2080TI which already struggles with it at 4K. If performance is too low then game developers might not get behind it on console and that would push the reliance back on Nvidia. Cross fingers and hope for the best.
Old May 10, 2020, 12:34 AM   #643
Nagorak

I think with the consoles it just depends how much ray tracing hardware they're given. Nvidia 2000 series arguably didn't have enough RTX hardware relative to its normal rasterization hardware. That's one thing that I expect to be rectified on the 3000 series.

So, with the consoles you could theoretically have 1080 Ti class general performance, but with 2080 Ti class ray tracing. It just depends. Of course, everything costs money, so who knows how viable that will be? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Hopefully console ray tracing is at least decent because, like you said, lack of performance on the console will probably hinder adoption in general.
Old May 10, 2020, 10:35 AM   #644
Nascar24

Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Nascar24 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
if the 3080 ti is that much the 3080 non ti will be 1000 to 1200

if AMD's navi 2x isn't out first and is not about 25%+ faster than both the 2080 ti & a 3080 non ti

we are toast .

the 3080 non ti will be 1199 and the 3080 ti will be 1499+

of course if navi 2x is good and first it will most likely be 800 to 1000+
If that comes true I will be waiting for AMD if they are not out first.
Old May 10, 2020, 01:09 PM   #645
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Going to need more ray tracing games before I jump from my 2080 Ti - Does everything I need at 3440x1440 100hz gsync.
Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2020, 03:59 AM   #646
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I'm torn in that regard. Yes we need more games to utilise ray tracing as incentive to buy 3080/Ti, but I'm finding 2080Ti just falls short of what I want for 3440x1440 ultrawide. I have to lower settings is heaps of games.
Old May 11, 2020, 04:04 AM   #647
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
NVIDIA Ampere rumor: next-gen GeForce has no perf hit with RTX On
Quote:
NVIDIA Ampere GPUs
GA102 - 84 SMs / 5376 CUDA cores / 12GB GDDR6 / 384-bit bus - 40% faster than RTX 2080 Ti
GA103 - 60 SMs / 3840 CUDA cores / 10GB GDDR6 / 320-bit bus - 10% faster than RTX 2080 Ti
GA104 - 48 SMs / 3072 CUDA cores / 8GB GDDR6 / 256-bit bus - 5% slower than RTX 2080 Ti
so if true more into RTX and same old same old on the performance side
those numbers will drop a bit when they hit gaming reviews

and it leave a opening for AMD if they can pull another 9700 pro or 4870 out of the hat

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/72400...-on/index.html

Last edited by bill dennison : May 11, 2020 at 04:10 AM.
Old May 11, 2020, 04:34 AM   #648
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Want time is this show? 9am ET time? If so that’s 11pm Melbourne time. Should able to watch this instead of the usual world cup game times like 4am

Also GA104 would be the 3060? So it is faster than the 2080 Ti.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2020, 12:09 PM   #649
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
Want time is this show? 9am ET time? If so that’s 11pm Melbourne time. Should able to watch this instead of the usual world cup game times like 4am

If the 3060 beats the 2080ti I will laugh my ass off.

Not sure which I'd go with to be honest the 3080 quite possibly. While I game mostly at 2560x1080 I do sometimes play on the LG OLed at 4k.

Depends on the price of all of those.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2020, 02:12 PM   #650
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post

is the 3070 and " 5% slower than RTX 2080 Ti"

GA103 is 3080 and 10% faster

and GA102 is 3080 ti and 40% faster about the same as last time
Old May 11, 2020, 02:24 PM   #651
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

40% is a big number, especially if there's OC potential.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Old May 11, 2020, 02:43 PM   #652
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
40% is a big number, especially if there's OC potential.

no one thought 35% was a big number on the 2080 ti
and the 40% is likely to end up 30% to 35% when it hits reviews

again they have sacrificed performance for more RTX
Old May 11, 2020, 03:40 PM   #653
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

The 1080 was about 30% faster than the 1 year old 980TI. The 1080TI was about 35% faster than the 1 year old 1080. So about 65-70% improvement over the course of 2 years. $699 for the 1080 and $699 for the 1080TI a year later = $1400 every 2 years for 65-70% improvments. The 2080TI was $1200 for a 30-35% improvement after 2 years with no card launches.

If the 3080TI has 40% improvement for $1200 with a 1GB Vram upgrade after two years of waiting then it's not much better. RTX is great and all but I only own 1 game that uses it and I only have a couple games that interest me that plan to use it. With Hopper looking to replace the 3000 series in less than a year...it doesn't really paint a picture of a high value card especially considering the price.

The one thing I will give the 3080TI is that it looks like it will be able to actually game at 4K 60FPS and it looks like RTX effects will actually be usable. I would be much more happy about it if they squeezed a 50% improvement over the 2080TI. Averaging 25% gains each year would not be that bad. Accepting a 15% to loss for $200 less every 2 years would be easier to swallow. Of course waiting 2 years between card launches is rubbish and will cause all gamers regardless of what they paid for their cards to struggle with poor performance. Not to mention that it slows game progression.

It's hard to believe that we are only going to see a 1GB increase in Vram from the 4 year old 1080TI. That means we will go 5 years without a significant increase in Video RAM. While games may not need more than 12GB at the moment, we can guarantee they won't in the future either as long as they continue to not improve. These new Nvidia cards are supposed to be multi purpose and the HPC market needs more Vram. The 1080 had a 2GB increase over the 980TI and the 1080TI had a 3GB increase over the 1080. The 2080 had a decrease in VRAM and the 2080TI had no increase in VRAM. Yikes!

Last edited by the_sextein : May 11, 2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old May 11, 2020, 03:56 PM   #654
Nascar24

Only way the Hopper gets released in a year is if AMD is successful. Otherwise its going to be 2 years again.
Old May 11, 2020, 04:02 PM   #655
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascar24 View Post
Only way the Hopper gets released in a year is if AMD is successful. Otherwise its going to be 2 years again.
I think they will need to release it quickly just to pull away from consoles. If consoles can match mid range GPU's it will kill profit in that area of the PC GPU sales which is where the bread and butter is. AMD only sells 1 out of every 4 mid range cards on the PC platform anyway and every gamer that chooses console over PC will aid them with CPU, GPU, and mobo sales for each console. In the end they will gain from this. Nvidia will lose out be big time. Yes it hurts the PC platform's value but AMD doesn't have a reason to care. On the flip side it will force Nvidia to push harder and if that happens we will see progress on the PC again thanks to the fact that it has slid down to console levels of performance now. Hopefully Nvidia pushes hard and gives us quality hardware that is worth it's wait in gold. I expect hopper to be pretty exciting especially if the rumors are true of an MCM design.

Last edited by the_sextein : May 11, 2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old May 11, 2020, 04:09 PM   #656
Nunz
RIP Roxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post

no one thought 35% was a big number on the 2080 ti
and the 40% is likely to end up 30% to 35% when it hits reviews

again they have sacrificed performance for more RTX
No one thought it was a big number because the price doubled.

40% will be great, especially with overhead for OC. We don't need more than 12GB of vRAM, and if the memory speeds are further increased that will benefit 4K gaming. RTX no longer causing nearly as much of a performance hit is huge news as that makes ray-tracing far more viable.

I'm perfectly fine with 40%. With a good overclock it'll be in the upper 40s, possibly over 50 with a good enough card.

I'll wait for reviews as always but if that 40% sticks then I'm in.
Old May 11, 2020, 04:21 PM   #657
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
No one thought it was a big number because the price doubled.

40% will be great, especially with overhead for OC. We don't need more than 12GB of vRAM, and if the memory speeds are further increased that will benefit 4K gaming. RTX no longer causing nearly as much of a performance hit is huge news as that makes ray-tracing far more viable.

I'm perfectly fine with 40%. With a good overclock it'll be in the upper 40s, possibly over 50 with a good enough card.

I'll wait for reviews as always but if that 40% sticks then I'm in.
even if it is the same prices again or higher like it is likely to be

covid-19 is not going to lower NV's costs or prices one bit

Last edited by bill dennison : May 11, 2020 at 04:27 PM.
Old May 11, 2020, 08:20 PM   #658
Shapeshifter
Radeon Arctic Islands

Shapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badgesShapeshifter doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus
Shapeshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2020, 08:35 PM   #659
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Even he says the 3060 will beat the 2080 Ti.

one 8 pin 3080 sounds good.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2020, 08:35 PM   #660
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

looks like total bull sh*t

up to 140%

and AMD leaks more than NV

we got the same BS last time