Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2, 2020, 01:50 PM   #451
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

And do you have the new PS5 that will be out in a few months and do you know what RDR2 and future games will look like on a console with 2x the power of your friends consoles? Sony is releasing games on the PC because microsoft has been trying to destroy the PC gaming sector to move all of it's fans to console. Sony is fighting them by releasing games on the PC and their console as it's the only option they have agaisnt Microsoft. They coudln't care less about the PC as a plaform and most of the PC platform's stats are based on cell phone games and other garbage that most of us woudln't even consider games. My arguements are not from 10 years ago, you guys are just in denial.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 01:51 PM   #452
Nunz
RIP Roxen
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,644
Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I plan to. I'll use my 3080TI's for gaming until they can't keep up anymore and then I'll continue to use them for 3D rendering and move to consoles for the 2 console games a year that don't suck. I didn't ignore what was posted though. I stated that in a couple of months consoles will be 2x the speed of the xbox X that was listed and then you will hardly see any benefits from the 2080TI at that point. RTX effects boosted beyond that of the console at FPS beyond 60 is about all you have to look forward to from spending 10X more cash. Neither of which matter to people who aren't shepherded consumers. Enjoy your DLSS fake 4k on your Gsync tinker toy monitor lol. Hope it's worth the $5000 price tag.
Go take a breather, re-read these posts tomorrow, and realize how ridiculous they read.

First off, the 2080TI has been out for 2 years in November, right? The PS5 releases end of this year. The 1080TI still puts out better visuals, a card hitting 4 years shelf-life, compared to the XBX and PS4 Pro.

The PS5 releases and let's say it's similar in power to a 9900K + 2080TI. Cool, that's typically how the first year cycle of the consoles work anyway. The 3080TI releases, and suddenly PC is miles ahead. After a year or two, surprise, they're behind significantly, which is easily shown in multiple multi-platform titles.

You're bashing GSYNC, which was the forefront of variable refresh rate technology, something consoles are now trying to utilize .. is that a joke? PC Gaming pioneered the technology and showed how useful it is - and it is useful. Games like RDR2 @ 4K feel much smoother when you get hit by the framerate dips because the game is punishing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 01:58 PM   #453
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

I don't play games on sh!t hardware so I wouldn't know what frame rate drops feel like below 60. I honestly don't care anymore anyway. When was the last time a game came out that wasn't console dog sh!t? I couldn't care less about gaming anymore because it's all aimed at super hero kiddie audiences just like Hollywood. You don't seem to understand that PC hardware only updates 1 time every 2 or 3 years now. A new console will be released every 5 years. You might see one hardware upgrade between consoles that will allow slightly better RTX effects because the hardware manufacturers on PC are lazy AF and TRUE PC game development is completely dead.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 2, 2020, 01:59 PM   #454
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,920
Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
And do you have the new PS5 that will be out in a few months and do you know what RDR2 and future games will look like on a console with 2x the power of your friends consoles? Sony is releasing games on the PC because microsoft has been trying to destroy the PC gaming sector to move all of it's fans to console. Sony is fighting them by releasing games on the PC and their console as it's the only option they have agaisnt Microsoft. They coudln't care less about the PC as a plaform and most of the PC platform's stats are based on cell phone games and other garbage that most of us woudln't even consider games. My arguements are not from 10 years ago, you guys are just in denial.

Few months? More like end of the year. And 2x performance of PS4 Pro MAY give it the same level of visuals and performance of a 1080Ti. You said you're tired of your 1080Ti over the last several years? Wait till you get a next gen console then and get more of the same.


Your comment about trying to destroy the PC gaming sector is so out of touch with reality and common sense no wonder the rest of your comments follow the same suit.



And that argument about PC stats including "cell phone" games, why don't you get up and do the research yourself? Those weren't included in the reports I was referring to, which aggregated the sales from common gaming distribution platforms. Again, using 10 year old arguments.



It seems the only one here in denial is you.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:05 PM   #455
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Exposed, I've seen you argue for literally pages with people when you are dead wrong. No offense but I'm not going to waste my time on you. I've done the research, I've spent the money. I have 2x 1080TI's from 4 years ago that make the 2080TI look like a little b!itch and you know what? They suck D!ck. This entire industry is compete trash and the very few elitists that still buy into this stuff simply look foolish for allowing themselves to be ripped off. I'm buying two 3080TI's but it's not for gaming. I expect 1 or 2 games to come out this year worth playing and neither of them will support SLI. They will both be released on next gen consoles at the same resolution with minor graphical loss. Oh well.

You are right about one thing. I won't enjoy console gaming for the same reason I don't enjoy PC gaming. It's why I care little about gaming these days. They are pretty much the same thing outside of the platform costs. Can't remember the last time a decent game came out that wasn't aimed at teenyboppers.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:08 PM   #456
Nunz
RIP Roxen
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,644
Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I don't play games on sh!t hardware so I wouldn't know what frame rate drops feel like below 60.
If you played any demanding games, you would.

Quote:
I honestly don't care anymore anyway. When was the last time a game came out that wasn't console dog sh!t?
RDR2 is considered "console dogshit" despite being absolutely gorgeous with an engine that seen immense work as shown by the visuals it puts out compared to the console counter-part? Interesting.

Quote:
I couldn't care less about gaming anymore because it's all aimed at super hero kiddie audiences just like Hollywood.
Ok? Once again, take a breather. We just had an awesome PC-first game release in Mount&Blade 2:Bannerlord. Lemme guess though, it's super-hero kiddie audience! You have games like Kingdom Come: Deliverance .. there are so many titles that we've had in the last 2 years that are awesome and while also being far superior on PC.

Quote:
You don't seem to understand that PC hardware only updates 1 time every 2 or 3 years now. A new console will be released every 5 years. You might see one hardware upgrade between consoles that will allow slightly better RTX effects because the hardware manufacturers on PC are lazy AF and PC game development is completely dead.
No, I think you are the one who is having a hard time understanding. As with everything in life, as things continue to improve and become faster/more efficient, it becomes harder to create something better than it's predecessor. This is the same with computer hardware. We have really start to hit a point where companies can't just die-shrink for their performance increase anymore. AMD found their path with MCM and their infinity-fabric technology to allow them to push more cores into processors. Die-shrinks have taken longer, and that is why the "generational" performance increases that you're used to have much larger gaps in between.

You're mad at the fact that hardware improvements from year-to-year have slowed down but completely ignoring the concept of diminishing returns.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:13 PM   #457
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,920
Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Exposed, I've seen you argue for literally pages with people when you are dead wrong. No offense but I'm not going to waste my time on you. I've done the research, I've spent the money. I have 2x 1080TI's from 4 years ago that make the 2080TI look like a little b!itch and you know what? They suck D!ck. This entire industry is compete trash and the very few elitists that still buy into this stuff simply look foolish for allowing themselves to be ripped off. I'm buying two 3080TI's but it's not for gaming. I expect 1 or 2 games to come out this year worth playing and neither of them will support SLI. They will both be released on next gen consoles at the same resolution with minor graphical loss. Oh well.

You are right about one thing. I won't enjoy console gaming for the same reason I don't enjoy PC gaming. It's why I care little about gaming these days. They are pretty much the same thing outside of the platform costs. Can't remember the last time a decent game came out that wasn't aimed at teenyboppers.
Sorry, you've made several wrong statements here pointed out by others and you are the one consistently arguing despite being dead wrong. All you've done is go on an endless opinionated rant about PC gaming that's not even based on facts. How can you be taken seriously when you used RDR2 as an example to your point of how PC gaming is behind console gaming or not much of an improvement? Conveniently ignoring: #1, the graphic differences between and #2, the fact that Rockstar released it to PC despite RDR1 not having a presence there?
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:15 PM   #458
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

And when both PC and console run into that those diminishing returns you will see the exact same platform with the exact same games only the consoles will cost 10x less because they are bought and sold in bulk to a much larger audience. As for games, I don't play demanding games anymore because 1200 graphic card setups cannot push them properly and I have no interest in Gsync tinker toys or fake 4K. Compromised BS not worth my time and especially not my money.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:24 PM   #459
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
Sorry, you've made several wrong statements here pointed out by others and you are the one consistently arguing despite being dead wrong. All you've done is go on an endless opinionated rant about PC gaming that's not even based on facts. How can you be taken seriously when you used RDR2 as an example to your point of how PC gaming is behind console gaming or not much of an improvement? Conveniently ignoring: #1, the graphic differences between and #2, the fact that Rockstar released it to PC despite RDR1 not having a presence there?
No I've made multiple opinionated statements that you don't agree with and I couldn't care less. You seem desperate to justify your 2080TI purchase even though it was the worst GPU purchase in the history of computing. If I had a 2080TI I wouldn't have played Metro Exodus or Red Dead Redemption in the same way that I didn't play them with a much more powerful 1080TI SLI setup. Those game are console ports that run like garbage on way overpriced hardware. That's my opinion and you will never change it or prove me otherwise. Go back to comparing DLSS fake 4K or whatever you feel you need to do.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:24 PM   #460
Nunz
RIP Roxen
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,644
Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Please explain how variable refresh rate technology is compromised BS? There are multiple games that will pull the 2080TI to it's knees, that's how the whole point of needing new hardware, isn't it? Why would we ever buy new hardware if there weren't games out there that can crush what we have now?

You have an opinion that is wrong in multiple facets and you keep repeating it as if it makes it true. What's the point of continuing this useless rant then? Blame whoever you want for making mGPU a dead technology, but somehow calling games that have pushed visual fidelity further than any other game on the market (RDR2) "console ports that run like garbage" just seems pretty stupid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:27 PM   #461
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunz View Post
Please explain how variable refresh rate technology is compromised BS? There are multiple games that will pull the 2080TI to it's knees, that's how the whole point of needing new hardware, isn't it? Why would we ever buy new hardware if there weren't games out there that can crush what we have now?
New graphic cards should push the boundary to where they keep up with game progression. The entire point of SLI was to allow people to push beyond so that they didn't have to worry about it anymore if they were willing to spend the money. Compromising and playing at sub 60fps on a gimmick display or using fake 4k is not something I am interested in.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:35 PM   #462
Nunz
RIP Roxen
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,644
Nunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialNunz is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
New graphic cards should push the boundary to where they keep up with game progression. The entire point of SLI was to allow people to push beyond so that they didn't have to worry about it anymore if they were willing to spend the money. Compromising and playing at sub 60fps on a gimmick display or using fake 4k is not something I am interested in.
Please explain how variable refresh rate technology is a gimmick? It's a universal technology that is being used and supported on pretty much any modern display now. It's quite literally the opposite of a gimmick, and it all started on PC.

I'm aware of the point of SLI - I ran it until it wasn't worth it anymore as mGPU support died. At the end of the day, PC Gaming still puts out a far, far more detailed product than anything on consoles. If you want to quit PC Gaming because you can't run dual GPUs anymore, then go right ahead, but your whole rant still doesn't make sense.

There really aren't many games that are pushing framerates into the sub 60s, at least not with a 2080TI. There are a few, RDR2 being one of them, but we're approaching the next generational performance increase anyway as the 2080TI is nearing it's end of product cycle. I wouldn't be surprised if this COVID19 stuff extends it a little further, but I think the next round of cards will be significantly faster.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by curio View Post
Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
"If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe
Nunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:39 PM   #463
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: United States New England
Posts: 16,440
SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Yeah sorry about that. I just get pissed these days when I look at the state of this hobby. It used to bring me nothing but joy and I was excited like a little kid when new cards came out. I used to game at higher resolutions than consoles with much more advanced and mature games that were very satisfying. I used to see major improvements every year and I can't think of a single time that my PC wasn't at least 2.5 times the speed of a console all around at launch. Now that only 2 or 3 cards come out a decade and SLI has died coupled with the CPU drought of the last 10 years it just makes me annoyed. Especially when I look at the price tag of this hardware vs what it is actually offering and the complete lack of effort from game developers to utilize the PC's strengths. I don't want to continue to rain on everyone's parade, I just needed to get it off my chest.
I think the move to deferred rendering has made it difficult to get rid of temporal artifacts and glad to see Nvidia tackle this over the years. I'm glad it wasn't ignored and trying to innovate here. It was one of my constructive nit-picks.

Developers are on limited budgets and feel very strongly in a pro-active developer relations to try to differentiate and raise the bar. Simply put: content!

It wasn't the price of Turing that bothered me, it was its lack luster price performance.
__________________
Really enjoy 3d gaming flexibility; a gamer's best friend!
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:42 PM   #464
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Paying 1200 dollars for a card that provides sub 60fps and then paying additional costs for a monitor that will hide the feeling of playing at sub 60fps is a compromise and a BS waste of money regarding both the GPU and the panel. They either need to make a proper GPU that can push games properly or support SLI so those of us that have standards can do it anyway.

I don't care if people want to continue wasting money on this dead industry. I simply don't care anymore and decided to speak my mind about it. I hope that the very small minority that still supports them will fail to keep them going and they will crash and burn like they deserve. Maybe they will be inspired to actually work for a living again some day.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:44 PM   #465
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,920
Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
No I've made multiple opinionated statements that you don't agree with and I couldn't care less. You seem desperate to justify your 2080TI purchase even though it was the worst GPU purchase in the history of computing. If I had a 2080TI I wouldn't have played Metro Exodus or Red Dead Redemption in the same way that I didn't play them with a much more powerful 1080TI SLI setup. Those game are console ports that run like garbage on way overpriced hardware. That's my opinion and you will never change it or prove me otherwise. Go back to comparing DLSS fake 4K or whatever you feel you need to do.
Since you brought up the 2080Ti you seem to be the one who needs to justify holding on to your 1080Ti. Conveniently ignoring (again) the countless others here who felt the 1080Ti held them back and thus upgraded to the 2080Ti. And of course you wouldn't play RDR2 or Metro Exodus the same with a 2080Ti vs a 1080Ti, because only one actually performs better and extra visuals.

And oh look, you wanna make comments about "fake DLSS" yet in the same breadth praise console gaming, known for pushing inferior fake 4k options like checkerboard rendering. As if you won't get any of these fake 4k options on next gen consoles when they can't push 4k 60fps (heck, even 4k 30fps) natively just as they can't now. Oh the irony.




Also you seem to be angry for some reason. I see from your post history you've been getting into heated arguments lately all over the board. Need a chill pill bro?

Last edited by Exposed : May 2, 2020 at 02:49 PM.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:48 PM   #466
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

I'm not praising console gaming. Its a complete turd and the PC is no different because they are going to be literally the same in the near future. No I didn't want to play RDR 2 at 40 FPS instead of 30FPS for the cost of $1200. Why? because that would be retarded to spend $1200 for an extra 10fps. Metro runs faster on my SLI setup than a 2080TI but why would I want to support them when they couldn't be bothered to support me?
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 02:56 PM   #467
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: United States Orlando, FL
Posts: 5,920
Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Exposed once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Default

I get 4k 60fps with RDR2 with High across the board.

I also got to play with Metro Exodus with ray tracing enabled. Looked pretty damned good on the snow levels. Don't take my word for it though, after all I'm just trying to justify my purchase from a 1080Ti that I clearly didn't have to upgrade from:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34047602

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=34048285

Now I look forward to hearing some more moaning defensive posts about your 1080Ti as if I or anyone else here has never owned one before.
Exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 03:00 PM   #468
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Metro drops below 60FPS on a regular basis. Forced SLI with dual 1080TI's runs it at 80FPS. I didn't buy it until it was on sale for 50% off because they are lazy and didn't support SLI even though I figured out how to support it on my own.

I don't care about the 1080TI at all dude. It's a four year old ancient card that is within 10FPS of the 2080TI that costs 2x as much lol. I didn't upgrade because the 2080TI would not allow 60FPS at 4k which makes it no different than the 1080TI. In fact I have a higher chance of forcing SLI on my own and getting true 60FPS at 4k using my old hardware setup consisting of cards that cost half as much.


I'm not moaning, just saying the FX5900 was a better purchase than the 2080TI. 30% with no Vram upgrade for 2x the price after a two year wait lol. Buy an additional Gsync monitor and push fake 4k to hide the fact that that card that is 2x the cost of any previous card in the history of computing is completely incapable of playing games properly.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 03:41 PM   #469
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: United States New England
Posts: 16,440
SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

I don't know but i expect some compromises in the life cycle of my choice and why i adore flexible, technological tinker toys.
__________________
Really enjoy 3d gaming flexibility; a gamer's best friend!
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 04:32 PM   #470
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United States phoenix
Posts: 21,307
bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Metro drops below 60FPS on a regular basis. Forced SLI with dual 1080TI's runs it at 80FPS. I didn't buy it until it was on sale for 50% off because they are lazy and didn't support SLI even though I figured out how to support it on my own.

I don't care about the 1080TI at all dude. It's a four year old ancient card that is within 10FPS of the 2080TI that costs 2x as much lol. I didn't upgrade because the 2080TI would not allow 60FPS at 4k which makes it no different than the 1080TI. In fact I have a higher chance of forcing SLI on my own and getting true 60FPS at 4k using my old hardware setup consisting of cards that cost half as much.


I'm not moaning, just saying the FX5900 was a better purchase than the 2080TI. 30% with no Vram upgrade for 2x the price after a two year wait lol. Buy an additional Gsync monitor and push fake 4k to hide the fact that that card that is 2x the cost of any previous card in the history of computing is completely incapable of playing games properly.


i think you are confusing G-sync ,VRR & Freesync with DLSS & DLSS 2.0




there is nothing fake about G-sync ,VRR or Freesync at 4k
it is just syncing framerates between the GPU and the screen there is no upscaling in it like DLSS


and if i remember right Metro only drops below 60 FPS with RTX on with a 2080 ti strix
but it has been a bit since i played it
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 04:39 PM   #471
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Hey bill, I'm totally aware of that. I was pointing out that they would need Gsync to hide the sub 60fps performance and they would still need to enable fake 4K to get closer to 60fps because these cards need multiple crutches to provide a fake 4k 60FPS experience.

I don't have a problem with hiding FPS deficiencies with Gsync but I consider it something that I would buy into if I wasn't willing to pay big for a top notch card. Paying $1500 for a card that can't deliver the goods and then having to pay a premium on a monitor to help hide the cards performance problems is insane and silly in my opinion. I havn't played a game that drops below 60fPS minimums in over a decade. That changed this year when SLI support crumbled to the point where even I can't make it work on my own. Now I don't play games at all. I hope that the 3080TI will actually provide real 4k 60FPS performance since SLI is dead in the gaming world. Either way, I doubt it will be able to maintain it for 3 years and with no new cards to replace it everyone will be forced to continue paying 3x the cost of a normal GPU and utilize console resolution tweaks and monitor gimmicks to keep themselves afloat. Just another reason why I won't continue to support it.

They could release a card every year that actually keeps up with games at a reasonable price like they used to or they could support SLI like they used to or they could continue to kill progress on the platform and rip all of us off like they are currently doing.

Last edited by the_sextein : May 2, 2020 at 04:52 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 04:52 PM   #472
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United States phoenix
Posts: 21,307
bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
Hey bill, I'm totally aware of that. I was pointing out that they would need Gsync to hide the sub 60fps performance and they would still need to enable fake 4K to get closer to 60fps because these cards need multiple crutches to provide a fake 4k 60FPS experience.

I don't have a problem with hiding FPS deficiencies with Gsync but I consider it something that I would buy into if I wasn't willing to pay big for a top notch card. Paying $1500 for a card that can't deliver the goods and then having to pay a premium on a monitor to help hide the cards performance problems is insane and silly in my opinion.
only with Gsync

VRR and freesync are mostly the same and free

and they will all also help with SLI and Crossfire by getting rid of tearing without a framerate limiter and a bit with stuttering

cyberpunk 2077 may have dx12 sli and CFX some say maybe
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 04:59 PM   #473
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: United States phoenix
Posts: 21,307
bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

and as for the new new gaming console i think the AMD navi 21 will be much faster than both

AMD's APU's are getting better but not that good to beat a same gen dedicated graphics card and CPU

and the 3080 ti will beat the navi 21 by a bit

navi 21 will most likely fall somewhere between the 3080 and 3080 ti and the new gaming console won't beet a 2080 ti FE
bill dennison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 05:00 PM   #474
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
only with Gsync

VRR and freesync are mostly the same and free

and they will all also help with SLI and Crossfire by getting rid of tearing without a framerate limiter and a bit with stuttering

cyberpunk 2077 may have dx12 sli and CFX some say maybe
It's certainly possible. Tomb Raider supported RTX, DX12 and SLI and they sure have been working on cyberpunk for a long time. 2077 and dying light 2 are the only ones on my radar at the moment and I havn't given up hope on them. I find that normal Vsync works perfectly like it always has on a 60hz panel with no FPS drops below 60FPS. There is no synchronization problems, lag, timing issues or screen tearing. It's leaves nothing to be desired for a non competitive single player game. We just need the hardware and or support to bring the performance like they used to do for the past decade.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 05:15 PM   #475
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: United States New England
Posts: 16,440
SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty


Default

You probably know, but in case you don't: Nvidia is working on bringing a compatibility setting for Sli called Cfr. However, it is very experimental but is exposed in the drivers. My friend Blaire has an absolutely wonderful and informative thread about Sli at the 3dCenter forum.
__________________
Really enjoy 3d gaming flexibility; a gamer's best friend!
SIrPauly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 05:21 PM   #476
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: United States NC
Posts: 13,837
Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
and as for the new new gaming console i think the AMD navi 21 will be much faster than both

AMD's APU's are getting better but not that good to beat a same gen dedicated graphics card and CPU

and the 3080 ti will beat the navi 21 by a bit

navi 21 will most likely fall somewhere between the 3080 and 3080 ti and the new gaming console won't beet a 2080 ti FE
3080Ti $2000 price point confirmed.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 05:33 PM   #477
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
You probably know, but in case you don't: Nvidia is working on bringing a compatibility setting for Sli called Cfr. However, it is very experimental but is exposed in the drivers. My friend Blaire has an absolutely wonderful and informative thread about Sli at the 3dCenter forum.
I heard about it through you actually. At some point you mentioned it and I'm pretty sure you asked him about it. I know Nvidia wants to get SLI working but Microsoft and DX are the problem. I do believe this was spurred on intentionally by console land but I won't get into it here. I'm also aware that technology appears to be hitting it's limits but at that point the bulk technology will be the smarter purchase and provide very similar experiences.

The act of overcharging to pretend like the product is insanely better and spreading out the performance increases thinly over a longer period of time will only work on tards for so long. I also have a feeling about AMD and their relationship with competition in the PC industry and how it has negatively effected everything but I won't get into that again either. My point is that products need to have value just like you have stated earlier in this thread and right now Nvidia is releasing 40% performance increases every 2 years at 2x to 3x the price of a traditional high end GPU and with SLI on the rocks and developers all paid off to make console games and ignore PC technology....it's a hard sell. We have reached the point where the PC is actually competing with consoles in both performance, graphics features, and resolution and yet the price continues to fly off the handle on the PC.

I've simply reached my limit. The reason why I seem angry is because I don't want to support it at all. I honestly don't care about gaming that much anymore because it's all consolized. I didn't buy the 2080TI and I'd rather not buy the 3080TI because of the expected price/performance ratio and lack of SLI support in current games. I'm forced to buy not just one but two 3080TI's for my creative work and it pisses me off. I can't hold off anymore but I really don't want to purchase these cards.

Last edited by the_sextein : May 2, 2020 at 05:38 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 05:54 PM   #478
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

I'm going to be paying close attention on the 14th. If an unlocked GA100 is available in the form of a Quadro, I might actually go that route depending on the price vs 2x 3080TI's. I know it will have a RAM advantage but the SLI'd 3080Ti's would have a performance advantage and there will be some benefit regarding video games that the Quadro might not support. The current Titan is basically the same thing as a top end Quadro with less RAM. Depends on the 3080TI's VRAM density. I'd love to have 2x 3080TI cuda core counts for IRAY and gaming though 12GB leaves a bit to be desired.

Last edited by the_sextein : May 2, 2020 at 06:39 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 08:17 PM   #479
NWR_Midnight
Radeon Caribbean Islands
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: United States Under the Sun
Posts: 4,275
NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'NWR_Midnight once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
And when both PC and console run into that those diminishing returns you will see the exact same platform with the exact same games only the consoles will cost 10x less because they are bought and sold in bulk to a much larger audience. As for games, I don't play demanding games anymore because 1200 graphic card setups cannot push them properly and I have no interest in Gsync tinker toys or fake 4K. Compromised BS not worth my time and especially not my money.
You have already been corrected on most of your incorrect comments, so I won't get into most of them. Microsoft isn't trying to destroy pc gaming, as that would be counter productive and equals a runner trying to shoot themselves in the leg to win a race.

Consoles are cheaper to produce because they only have 1 main design per manufacturer to make, not 1000's of different combination of hardware that can make up a single computer,. But that is on a small part of why they are cheaper, In fact, very little of it. Consoles have very little R&D into creating the hardware side for the most part, as they rely on technology that has already been designed and proven in the PC sector. Also, almost every console is sold at a loss, or barely breaking even, as they make their money on the game, game license, and other licenses side, which PC hardware does not.

Anyhow, As PC hardware development slows down because of the difficulties in making advancements, so will the console. It has already happened. We use to have New consoles come out every couple years.. now we are at 3 to 5 years..
__________________
I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!
NWR_Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2020, 08:31 PM   #480
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,996
the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings


Default

You want to know how much Microsoft makes when you purchase a game from steam? Nothing. You want to know how much they make from games sold on consoles? hahaha! Microsoft didn't even charge for their windows 10. They just bank like the mafia off of everyone else's work. That includes their console that they don't make. Direct X has gone nowhere other than destroying SLI and all of the PC developers like Rockstar get paid bags of cash for console exclusives that make their way to the PC in an unoptimized state years later. Good old Microsoft.

As PC hardware slows down so will consoles and eventually the difference between the two will be very little. One will be less expensive because it's purchased in bulk and mass produced for a longer period of time to a larger consumer pool and the other will be very costly for an insignificant amount of extra performance. Only an idiot would spend 3x the cash for the same experience. The only correction going on in here are from people who don't understand what opinions are and try to correct them with flawed logic.

Last edited by the_sextein : May 2, 2020 at 09:11 PM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/3080 Ti: more VRAM, way faster and CHEAPER?! acroig Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies 37 Nov 7, 2019 11:07 PM
Trump's tariffs on Chinese goods to affect some AMD and Nvidia gaming graphics cards badsykes General Hardware 5 Oct 1, 2018 12:42 PM
Nvidia graphics card on AMD platform Someone Else Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies 11 Dec 24, 2010 06:30 AM
Nvidia Expands The Reach Of Directx 10 Gaming With New Geforce 8800-based Graphics Ca Vengeance Front Page News 0 Feb 12, 2007 09:30 AM
new graphics card screwed up gaming pr0m3th3us PC Gaming 5 Sep 7, 2002 10:59 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:01 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Copyright ©1998-2011 Rage3D.com
Links monetized by VigLink