Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Graphics Cards and 3D Technologies Discussion forum for any graphics hardware not provided by AMD/ATI. Also place to discuss 3D technologies such as 3D Stereo, PhysX and other interesting developments/rumours in the 3D industry.

Old Nov 12, 2019, 09:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Default Nvidia RTX 3080 graphics card could be powering gaming PCs in 2020(?)

"We could see the Nvidia RTX 3080, Nvidia’s next generation flagship graphics card, at Computex 2020 in June, according to new rumors.

This would apparently follow a launch of Nvidia’s new 7nm Ampere architecture in March, around the time of Nvidia’s GPU Technology Conference (GTC) event in San Jose.

According to an analyst (Chris Caso of Raymond James), Nvidia has pushed back the launch of its Ampere graphics cards because of how well its current crop of Turing GPUs, including the RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti, are doing – especially when it comes to performance versus AMD’s graphics cards.

While Nvidia certainly has the performance edge at the moment, AMD has made it clear that it’s building an ‘Nvidia killer’ graphics card that will launch in mid-2020. By launching its new generation of Ampere GPUs in March, Nvidia could be landing a pre-emptive blow to AMD’s high-end plans."

https://www.techradar.com/amp/news/n...s-in-june-2020

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2019, 10:03 PM   #2
Greasy
Raiding Curio's Stable

Greasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppersGreasy has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

I'm ready for a new card. I would have jumped on the 2080Ti, but $1300 for 30% and RTX which wouldn't even be playable at my resolution was a no go for me. I'm hoping they deliver this time around.
Greasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2019, 05:18 AM   #3
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I don't know if i agree with that analyst based on Nvidia dropping down to 68 percent discrete share. Amd is slowly gaining ground by gaining in discrete and retaken overall gpu share from Nvidia. Third quarter numbers may change things. I don't think a delay has anything to do with great rtx sales because the Nvidia market share numbers don't back them up.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 17, 2019, 12:39 PM   #4
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
NVIDIA CEO: RTX Is a Home Run; I Look Forward to Upgrading Hundreds of Millions of PC Gamers
of course you do
and locking them to NV
and making billons

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ceo-rtx-...-of-pc-gamers/
bill dennison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2019, 01:41 PM   #5
jjjayb
Rage3D Veteran

jjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyjjjayb can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
of course you do
and locking them to NV
and making billons

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-ceo-rtx-...-of-pc-gamers/
Make money for his company is bleh? Isn't that what a CEO is supposed to do?
Intel i7 7700k @ 5.0Ghz, ASUS Z270-Extreme4, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2, 16GB EVGA DDR4-3200 Ram, Asus VG278 120hz monitor x 3, Corsair Hydro H60 water cooler, Creative SoundBlaster ZX, 2 x 500gb Samsung Evo 960 M.2 SSD, OCZ ZT 750W PSU, Cooler Master Maker 5 Case, Windows 10
jjjayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2019, 02:20 PM   #6
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

bill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppersbill dennison has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjayb View Post
Make money for his company is bleh? Isn't that what a CEO is supposed to do?
and you haven't updated your specs to 2080 ti why ?

………….

don't mind them making money on their cards

but the RTX prices can only be described as profiteering because AMD had nothing even close they could get away with it

and I bought one

and the 3080 ti will be just as high priced
Old Nov 17, 2019, 01:01 PM   #7
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

SIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultySIrPauly can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Execution and talented engineering brings many advantages.

The ceo is going to market Nvidia to the extreme but would like to see if Amd can gain some discrete and overall gpu share from Nvidia when the third quarter share numbers are in. The 5700 and 5700xt are strong competitors to the 2060, 2060 super and the 2070 super even without dedicated raytracing hardware.

What's amazing from Nvidia is their margins, good grief they're impressive.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 02:41 PM   #8
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Amd is charging 399 for a chip that is around the size of the rx 580. One can argue this is premium profiteering as well. The market sets pricing.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 03:06 PM   #9
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Amd is charging 399 for a chip that is around the size of the rx 580. One can argue this is premium profiteering as well. The market sets pricing.
the 5700 xt is 7nm and that is new and more expensive and it dose beet the same priced RTX 2060 supper

RTX 2080 ti and all the RTX cards are on a well used cheaper optimized 14nm and only 30% faster than a 1080 ti

and still not a lot of RTX games out or as many as they said there would be in well over a year
RTX could still lose to one of the other RT systems
………..
maybe we will see if AMD does do premium profiteering as well if they get a MCM out first that is faster than a 2080 ti
with Ryzen and infinity fabric they do have the advantage over NV in that

if they do do you think they will price it at the same price as a 2080 ti ?

Last edited by bill dennison : Nov 17, 2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 05:28 PM   #10
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dennison View Post
and still not a lot of RTX games out or as many as they said there would be in well over a year
Very true.

yoz
Old Dec 16, 2019, 04:29 AM   #11
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

June 2020? Can’t wait that long.

Please don’t make me upgrade to Turing.
Megaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2019, 06:13 AM   #12
Dave
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialDave is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Subscriber

Highly likely I will be skipping the 3080 series. With the PS5 coming next year - that will be my big "upgrade". This 2080 Ti and 3900X are serving me just fine at 3440x1440.
Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2019, 06:54 AM   #13
Ziklitschli
ziklitschlintorn

Location: Poland Where the pure lab reseach data show no life can exist
Ziklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyZiklitschli can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I was boycotting the prices for some time but can't anymore, it's just too beautiful to play almost everything 2x2 supersampled (DSR) and, for older games add 2x or 4x sgssaa on top heh and I need as much power as I can get. So, not going to lie to myself, while it's going to be sth like 3070 for me probably, a TI is not completly out of the question now. A good month, a gracious wife and who knows what might happen heh.

Garth Merenghi quotes
Most of you will probably know me already from my extensive canon of chillers including "Afterbirth" in which a mutated placenta attacks Bristol.

Everyone has a special talent. Mine is being able to write, produce direct, act, paint... Other people are good plumbers, that's their gift.

There are rebels and there are innovators. I'm a rebel. I play a rebel brain expert who's in rebelliance against conventional logic, who's in rebelliance against the world order. It's about rebelliance. And if that's not being an innovator, I don't know what is.

In times of conflict, when you're up against an agressor, be he human, be he inhuman, whoe'er he be, often he is both.

Greetings traveller. Who am I? Perhaps you have met me twixt sleep and and wake - in the penumbra of uncertainity you call unconsiousness... you know, my books are essentialy about "what ifs". In "Black Fang" I asked - what if a rat could drive a bus? And what if it and its rat brethren took over and ate Parliment?

A lot of people say "Garth Merenghi? Doesn't he write that horror crap?" Well, you're an idiot, because my books always say something, even if it's simple like "Don't geneticaly engineer crabs to be as big as man". There's always a message or a theme.
Ziklitschli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2019, 09:43 AM   #14
bill dennison
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
June 2020? Can’t wait that long.

Please don’t make me upgrade to Turing.
you will

this is the way

……

cyberpunk 2077 will sellout all Turing stock then they will drop the 3080 ti a few months after
Old Dec 16, 2019, 11:08 AM   #15
Hapatingjaky
Maximum Disappointment

Hapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshHapatingjaky kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Waiting for the MCM card in 2021.

My Sixtuple SLI is doing just fine.
Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz, Asus Maximus X Apex, GSkill Trident-Z Royal DDR4 3200MHz 32GB CAS14, EVGA FTW3 2080Ti Sixtuple SLI, Creative Labs Soundblaster E3, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB, Corsair AXI 1500i PSU, ThermalTake View 71, Corsair K95 Platinum RGB, Corsair Dark Core RGB SE, Acer Predator X34, Windows 10 Professional X64
Hapatingjaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2019, 02:01 PM   #16
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
Waiting for the MCM card in 2021.

My Sixtuple SLI is doing just fine.
No need for pics. I believe!!
Old Dec 16, 2019, 02:54 PM   #17
acroig
Master Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman View Post
No need for pics. I believe!!

yoz
Old Mar 13, 2020, 09:04 PM   #18
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_sextein View Post
I won't downplay the fact that hackers have been targeting Intel pretty hard and it really is up to Intel to take care of their corporate relationships. As a desktop user though, I know many people with Intel systems and not a single one has complained about these exploits or the so called negative effect on performance that stems from the patches. I personally haven't noticed any difference since I bought my chip. Same thing with the wave of internet memes regarding heat. My chip runs cooler than the 3900X while gaming so I have no idea what people are talking about.
Nvidia produced 0 gaming CPU, they're a trash company

Same goes with Intel, 0 gaming GPU, the upcoming Xe looks garbage.

They both have combined... What? 20x the money of AMD??? yet they can't compete with AMD on console market!

They're both trash pc companies that hold back pc gaming!

idiot troll.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 11:12 PM   #19
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

I don't know why you are mad at me, I said I would buy a console if Nvidia fails to deliver. Then I'll have a 3700X with RDNA2 just like AMD's PC fanbase. Well, not yet. RDNA2 has to come out on console first but the PC fans will catch up to Microsoft and Sony's consoles eventually. Too bad Nvidia doesn't have any competition, what ever happened to that company that used to make competative PC GPUs? What was it's name? ATI? It's pretty sad when Intel has to step in and start making GPU's because nobody will buy a CPU with 25% more performance because they are all GPU bound and Nvidia will only make a GPU every 3 years because.....AMD only makes a serious GPU once every 5 years when consoles come out.

I guess we should all praise Microsoft and Sony for paying to have the 3700X and big Navi created. AMD certainly wouldn't have done it cause they are too poor from being destroyed by their competition. But surly AMD will deliver a more powerful version on the PC right? I wouldn't hold your breath. The 3800X was the same speed as the 3700X. The 3900X was also the same speed as the 3700X but it had extra cores that aren't supported because it was a low hanging server market dingle berry to help cover the fact that AMD put zero effort into the PC gaming scene for the 10th time in a row. All according to plan if you ask me.

In 2020, AMD's fastest gaming CPU is the 3700X and it's best GPU has 8GB of video RAM with 9 teraflops of throughput. In less than nine months AMD's consoles will have a 3700X and a GPU with 12GB of RAM available and 12 teraflops of throughput. Think about it, am I a fanboy or am I talking facts here? I will support AMD if they make a superior product which is something they haven't done in 15 years. The only reason they make superior consoles is because they are competing against themselves and funded by anti PC gaming mega corporations.

AMD has a chance to deliver superior performance in the CPU market for a very limited time this year thanks to Intel's manufacturing difficulties. That is something AMD doesn't have to worry about since they practically own TSMC from all those console sales. Intel will have to push out 10nm desktop CPU's that they manufacture with inferior results compared to TSMC and hope that they have a superior design that can compete with the 4000 series. Either way, my respect for AMD is at an all time low at this point and for good reason as far as I am concerned. If you want to call me a fanboy or a troll for it, so be it but I just took the time to explain where I am coming from and that's at least worth considering.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 14, 2020 at 12:28 AM.
the_sextein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:34 AM   #20
Megaman
Packing heat!

He owns an intel cpu and NVidia gpu. Interesting.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:35 AM   #21
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

the_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird singsthe_sextein knows why the caged bird sings

Dam right I do. I'm a PC gamer that buys the best hardware available. 15 years ago I purchased AMD's Athlon 64's because they were the better CPU back when AMD used to work for themselves and I purchased multiple ATI GPU's before they were purchased and stuck on console duty. Now there is no competition and consoles are catching up. If they do catch up then only an idiot would by PC hardware at all. It will be the server market and the console market just like Microsoft, Sony, and AMD want it.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 14, 2020 at 12:40 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:38 AM   #22
Megaman
Packing heat!

Not you, talking about Neapolitan sauce above you!
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:05 AM   #23
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Imho,

Pretty tough for Nvidia to create a powerful cpu because of their competitors' proprietary licenses. Amd and Intel may engineer bigger gpu's not necessarily for gaming but data center growth.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:02 PM   #24
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

9 months out from their console release and the best desktop GPU they have is significantly slower than those laptop GPU's you mentioned. Yes, it's on purpose and yes it's console hardware.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 15, 2020 at 03:27 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 12:08 PM   #25
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIrPauly View Post
Imho,

Pretty tough for Nvidia to create a powerful cpu because of their competitors' proprietary licenses. Amd and Intel may engineer bigger gpu's not necessarily for gaming but data center growth.
I agree, Nvidia hasn't made any attempts at making a desktop CPU and that seems like a reasonable explanation as to why. As for the GPU's, Nvidia and AMD have made significant strides in data center and content creation while improving very little in the gaming sector. Nvidia's tensor cores made a few insignifigant RTX effects playable at 1080P for gaming but in the content creation and data crunching world...they nearly doubled performance. AMD has also made significant strides in the CPU server market while ignoring the mainstream gaming sector. Will Intel follow their lead once they get their manufacturing under control? It's likely.

PC gaming is going to be similar to console gaming pretty soon. It will always have it's advantages but for the price it's lost it's advantages overall and unless they deliver significant gains in the immediate future, I will stick to PC for creative work and leave gaming to the consoles. This is mainly because I will only need to upgrade my system once every 5 to 10 years for creative work and I will no longer build a new PC every 3 years like I used to for gaming purposes. If Nvidia delivers 30% more performance than a 2080TI with no VRAM upgrade after more than two years of wait then that will be the last straw for me, especially if their prices are as bad or worse than last time. If AMD delivers 20% more performance than a 2080TI with 12GB of VRAM and no IRAY rendering, their card is as useful as the GPU's in next gen consoles as far as I am concerned. No way I'm going to pay $1000 for a GPU when I could pay $500 for an entire system that is within 20% of the PC.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 15, 2020 at 12:18 PM.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 04:31 PM   #26
SIrPauly
Did someone say, RGSSAA?

Quote:
I agree, Nvidia hasn't made any attempts at making a desktop CPU and that seems like a reasonable explanation as to why. As for the GPU's, Nvidia and AMD have made significant strides in data center and content creation while improving very little in the gaming sector. Nvidia's tensor cores made a few insignifigant RTX effects playable at 1080P for gaming but in the content creation and data crunching world...they nearly doubled performance. AMD has also made significant strides in the CPU server market while ignoring the mainstream gaming sector. Will Intel follow their lead once they get their manufacturing under control? It's likely.

PC gaming is going to be similar to console gaming pretty soon. It will always have it's advantages but for the price it's lost it's advantages overall and unless they deliver significant gains in the immediate future, I will stick to PC for creative work and leave gaming to the consoles. This is mainly because I will only need to upgrade my system once every 5 to 10 years for creative work and I will no longer build a new PC every 3 years like I used to for gaming purposes. If Nvidia delivers 30% more performance than a 2080TI with no VRAM upgrade after more than two years of wait then that will be the last straw for me, especially if their prices are as bad or worse than last time. If AMD delivers 20% more performance than a 2080TI with 12GB of VRAM and no IRAY rendering, their card is as useful as the GPU's in next gen consoles as far as I am concerned. No way I'm going to pay $1000 for a GPU when I could pay $500 for an entire system that is within 20% of the PC.
Nvidia's future growth and revenue driver may not be pc gaming but data center and its infrastructure, which is why their investing 6.9 billion into Mellanox.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 05:12 PM   #27
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

While Nvidia still makes a pretty penny off of PC gaming graphics cards they have certainly found other ways to stay alive and push beyond gaming which is understandable given the state of the PC platform as a gaming system. That is why I think they will have no problems staying alive and making more money than their competition even if PC gaming drops off the map.

They did see a noticeable hit to their stock market value though most of the last year because the prices on their new cards and the overall performance they offered was not enough to satisfy many gamers like myself who gave them the finger. The CEO of Nvidia wants to gain back that lost performance and there is only one way to do that. They have to deliver. Otherwise they can kiss a substantial amount of their business goodbye and PC gaming will continue to spiral out. I can see why they wouldn't want to spend the cash and devalue their work station GPU's by launching an uber card when they have no competition but it's getting to the point where they will either have to sh!t or get off the pot because consoles are catching up thanks to you know who.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 01:35 AM   #28
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Napoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete strangerNapoleonic once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
I don't know why you are mad at me, I said I would buy a console if Nvidia fails to deliver. Then I'll have a 3700X with RDNA2 just like AMD's PC fanbase. Well, not yet. RDNA2 has to come out on console first but the PC fans will catch up to Microsoft and Sony's consoles eventually. Too bad Nvidia doesn't have any competition, what ever happened to that company that used to make competative PC GPUs? What was it's name? ATI? It's pretty sad when Intel has to step in and start making GPU's because nobody will buy a CPU with 25% more performance because they are all GPU bound and Nvidia will only make a GPU every 3 years because.....AMD only makes a serious GPU once every 5 years when consoles come out.

I guess we should all praise Microsoft and Sony for paying to have the 3700X and big Navi created. AMD certainly wouldn't have done it cause they are too poor from being destroyed by their competition. But surly AMD will deliver a more powerful version on the PC right? I wouldn't hold your breath. The 3800X was the same speed as the 3700X. The 3900X was also the same speed as the 3700X but it had extra cores that aren't supported because it was a low hanging server market dingle berry to help cover the fact that AMD put zero effort into the PC gaming scene for the 10th time in a row. All according to plan if you ask me.

In 2020, AMD's fastest gaming CPU is the 3700X and it's best GPU has 8GB of video RAM with 9 teraflops of throughput. In less than nine months AMD's consoles will have a 3700X and a GPU with 12GB of RAM available and 12 teraflops of throughput. Think about it, am I a fanboy or am I talking facts here? I will support AMD if they make a superior product which is something they haven't done in 15 years. The only reason they make superior consoles is because they are competing against themselves and funded by anti PC gaming mega corporations.

AMD has a chance to deliver superior performance in the CPU market for a very limited time this year thanks to Intel's manufacturing difficulties. That is something AMD doesn't have to worry about since they practically own TSMC from all those console sales. Intel will have to push out 10nm desktop CPU's that they manufacture with inferior results compared to TSMC and hope that they have a superior design that can compete with the 4000 series. Either way, my respect for AMD is at an all time low at this point and for good reason as far as I am concerned. If you want to call me a fanboy or a troll for it, so be it but I just took the time to explain where I am coming from and that's at least worth considering.
You constantly **** posts against amd for not accomplishing more than the already miraculous works that they did, considering how much of a smaller company they are compared to the other 2. You often call amd as anti pc gaming nonsense thing...

So what's your excuse for not bashing Nvidia for the lack of pc gaming CPU and Intel for the lack of pc gaming GPU? Why don't you regularly attack and **** posts against them for not even pushing the boundaries in their respective areas like you demand amd to do so? The double standard is amazing.

Reality doesn't work like your wishful thinking... Your constant amd bashing **** posts irritates me.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 01:51 AM   #29
the_sextein
Radeon Evergreen

If AMD put out a graphic card two years ago that had 14 teraflops throughput with 11GB of VRAM. If AMD put out a CPU that had the same efficiency as Ryzen 3000 two years ago with way higher clocks that could stomp a PS5 into the ground. If AMD did those things and funded it's own hardware while Intel and Nvidia didn't bother to compete with them at all.....I would have a lot of respect for AMD IF that happened.

If Intel bought Nvidia and made consoles while refusing to compete on the PC and constantly put out way slower tech that dragged AMD down while pushing console technology up to the PC level.... Then the tables would be flipped and I would be owning AMD's superior tech and b!tching about Nvidia and Intel. But that's not how it is.

Normally my AMD bashing starts when I state a fact that AMD fans don't like. Then they attack me and I have to address my attackers who usually pull the same bag of tricks out of their hats. In this thread for example, I stated that AMD's console connections have allowed them to get a strangle hold on TSMCs manufacturing and that it causes the competition who happen to make better hardware to suffer. This then caused a long string of complaints about Intel and it's buggy, hot chips and other things unrelated to this threads topic. I eventually addressed all of those points and all attacks on me in-between with factual information which in turn derailed this whole thread because I was talking about GPU manufacturing facts in the industry and didn't even mention CPU's or Intel until the same old in and out occured.

The 3080 series was already officially announced as 7nm. I believe this leak is false but if it ends up being a 10nm process that can only mean one thing and we know who would be the one responsible for this problem no? Apparently I should keep quiet about these facts in fear of annoying people? Whatever.

Last edited by the_sextein : Mar 14, 2020 at 02:24 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 02:38 AM   #30
Napoleonic
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
If AMD put out a graphic card two years ago that had 14 teraflops throughput with 11GB of VRAM. If AMD put out a CPU that had the same efficiency as Ryzen 3000 two years ago with way higher clocks that could stomp a PS5 into the ground. If AMD did those things and funded it's own hardware while Intel and Nvidia didn't bother to compete with them at all.....I would have a lot of respect for AMD IF that happened.

If Intel bought Nvidia and made consoles while refusing to compete on the PC and constantly put out way slower tech that dragged AMD down while pushing console technology up to the PC level.... Then the tables would be flipped and I would be owning AMD's superior tech and b!tching about Nvidia and Intel. But that's not how it is.

Normally my AMD bashing starts when I state a fact that AMD fans don't like. Then they attack me and I have to address my attackers who usually pull the same bag of tricks out of their hats. In this thread for example, I stated that AMD's console connections have allowed them to get a strangle hold on TSMCs manufacturing and that it causes the competition who happen to make better hardware to suffer. This then caused a long string of complaints about Intel and it's buggy, hot chips and other things unrelated to this threads topic. I eventually addressed all of those points and all attacks on me in-between with factual information which in turn derailed this whole thread because I was talking about GPU manufacturing facts.

The 3080 series was already officially announced as 7nm. I believe this leak is false but if it ends up being a 10nm process that can only mean one thing and we know who would be the one responsible for this problem no? Apparently I should keep quiet about these facts in fear of annoying people? Whatever.
if AMD released blablabla products years ago that can compete blablabla... hah... so where's that Intel gaming GPU that can compete with nvidia in 2015? AMD had no resources to compete against 2 bigger companies (and they still don't, and possibly never will), what's the excuse for Intel not to compete against Nvidia (and AMD) GPUs since years ago?

why haven't Nvidia made a competing gaming CPU since years ago? of course this one have real answer, because Intel and AMD wouldn't let them, eh no, actually I'm very sure Intel alone would be the one who wouldn't let anyone else compete... but since you and your shitposts don't want to accept real world reasoning and explanations on why AMD couldn't have done it, I say you have no excuse not to bash both Nvidia and Intel already for their lack of trying to compete and push the boundaries nonsense that you spout at AMD.

you keep going on about amd neglecting to compete on purpose and being anti pc nonsense... so then just exactly like in the above, equating with your shitposts reasoning, I'd say Intel and Nvidia too are both anti pc and purposely not competing on CPU/GPU to hold back pc.