Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:26 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Destroy
Radeon Arctic Islands

Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Destroy once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Default Sleep/Standby/Hibernate bad to use often?

Finally got this feature to work without it waking up by itself but now I wonder if it's healthy for one's PC.

I like having my PC off cause its totally silent i.e. off. Then it's nicely 'booted up' in less than 6 sec with this feature but I worry about the wear and tear of it constantly being 'turned on and off' like this all the time.

For example, better to just keep it running the whole day or use Sleep 5x a day is ok?
Old Nov 23, 2009, 05:33 PM   #2
Dacs
Rage3D Veteran

Dacs is still being judged by the masses

They claim that power cycling your components will shorten their lifespan but I think that you'll bound to replace those way earlier than the time they're going to fail. Considering that sleep mode saves power, I think it's much more logical to use that than turning on your PC continuously.
Dacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2009, 08:56 AM   #3
compunoob
Computer Bonehead

compunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird singscompunoob knows why the caged bird sings

I wish i could get sleep or hybernate to work at all again on my rig. I dont know what happened but it no longer works. It wakes up and I my mouse wont work.
compunoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad