Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » General Software
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Software Anything software that is not operating system related goes here. Talk about the latest applications or discuss betas of upcoming products.

Old May 24, 2006, 06:09 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

Default Advisable to update my bios to 1.008?

I'm running a 1.007 version of the A7N8X deluxe bios it seems. Would someone be able to hel pme with finding out what the difference is between them? I'm looking myself, but it's only for telling people to update to it and saying their system specs so far.. I'll keep looking though.
Adanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 07:54 AM   #2
Crag2804
A super mega death ray!

Crag2804 is still being judged by the masses

Don't bother upgrading your bios unless you've a specific reason to do so. A new feature being supported or something similar like that. It'll be on the manufacturer website if nothing else.

the standoffs go under the mobo ? becoz i have them over it and then screwed it down.......... and i did not install all of them either only did like 5.....
Crag2804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 08:24 AM   #3
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Adanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete strangerAdanu once held a door open for a complete stranger

I'm trying to fix a BSOD and do a slight overclock while getting my RAM up to the speed they are supposed to be. Everytime I try to do the overclock, I get a black screen upon the login screen. I get a BSOD from my sound card driver randomly upon login, and some have suggested it's faulty ram, i'm trying to find out if a bios update would help alleviate that, but can't really find anything that equates to eelease notes for it.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 24, 2006, 08:48 AM   #4
Crag2804
A super mega death ray!

Okay I found it, it took me about 3 minutes using google. Poeple aren't going to keep trying to help you if you aren't willing to help yourself at least a little. I'm not posting the link for you but here's a hint, it's on the asus website under "bios history". Not hard to find at all.

the standoffs go under the mobo ? becoz i have them over it and then screwed it down.......... and i did not install all of them either only did like 5.....
Old May 24, 2006, 09:13 AM   #5
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Makes one wonder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 09:56 AM   #6
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crag2804
Okay I found it, it took me about 3 minutes using google. Poeple aren't going to keep trying to help you if you aren't willing to help yourself at least a little. I'm not posting the link for you but here's a hint, it's on the asus website under "bios history". Not hard to find at all.
... I appreciate what you are trying to do, but all you are doing right now is being an ass. I asked if someone could advise me on this and if they could help me find the release notes for it as I tend to look in the wrong places, but eventually find it. Yes, you are under no obligation to find it, and that's fine, I don't expect people to drop their schedule for me on a whim, just asking for help if you are willing to give it...

However, DON'T do that *I found it, but am just going to put it on a stick and make it a carrot for you to try hardwer* crap. I HATE it, and all it does for me is get me angry at you. I know you're trying to help, but that is just irritating. I've been looking through the website and google myself, but I'm finding everything BUT what I need. Yes, I suck at searching for stuff sometimes.
Old May 24, 2006, 04:29 PM   #7
Crag2804
A super mega death ray!

It's not carrot and stick, it's trying to help people to help themselves. It works for some and doesn't for others and I wasn't to know you'd take offense to it before posting. How about we agree that the way I tried to help isn't the way you like to be helped and leave it at that. Nothing more than a mismatch of styles.

Old May 24, 2006, 04:36 PM   #8
VW_Factor
ÜBERVERBOTEN!

VW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwardsVW_Factor can recite pi backwards

Quote:
It's not carrot and stick, it's trying to help people to help themselves. It works for some and doesn't for others and I wasn't to know you'd take offense to it before posting. How about we agree that the way I tried to help isn't the way you like to be helped and leave it at that. Nothing more than a mismatch of styles.
Brynn doesnt match any style. He is very eccentric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith
"Fail" = verb "Failure" = noun
VW_Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 05:53 PM   #9
seeker010
chaotic evil

seeker010 is still being judged by the masses

yes. the 1008 bios fixes some ram issues. when I had the a7n8x deluxe it was very picky about ram and sometimes refuses to run it at more than ddr333, even with bios updates. what's your pcb revision? it should say on the board like rev 1.04 or something.

as a side note, usually people here are pretty accomdating, but I guess if you continue to ask easy to answer questions, some people will be slightly upset.

Last edited by seeker010 : May 24, 2006 at 06:00 PM.
seeker010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2006, 07:27 PM   #10
Hyrax
Rage3D Spammer

Hyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyHyrax can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

craig
your cat = sexy
you = no

I'd update it. something is fuxed up. if a reformat didnt fix it. hten this could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperNovae View Post
Origin says if you are benchmarking or something to just call and they will help you out. God the horror, those poor souls. This is the type of orwellian nightmare Alex Jones told me about.
Hyrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2006, 01:03 AM   #11
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm going to continue to search now. Had to get to sleep...
Old May 25, 2006, 02:43 AM   #12
Crag2804
A super mega death ray!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax
craig
your cat = sexy
you = no
Never has been said a truer set of words

Old May 25, 2006, 03:45 AM   #13
Adanu
MRA in Residence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyrax
craig
your cat = sexy
you = no

I'd update it. something is fuxed up. if a reformat didnt fix it. hten this could work.
I didn't reformat, I unistalled and reinstalled the driver.