Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Operating Systems
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Operating Systems Discussion topics on operating systems including all iterations of Windows, Linux, MacOS, BeOS, etc.

Old May 2, 2003, 02:41 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
erknee1
Radeon R100

erknee1 is still being judged by the masses

Unhappy standby/hibernate awakes by itself???

I have a Compaq 6312US that when placed in standby mode, awakens by itself from standby after a few minutes and then goes back into standby (continuous loop). Same for hibernation. It will hibernate and after a few minutes the computer will turn itself back on. I've reset my power options to "never" and tried both standby/hibernate again with same results. I have latest drivers and service packs for OS. I call compaq support, but i get a different tech person (from India) who tells me different info each time. I have reformatted HD twice (most recently last week). Any help would be appreciated.

Athlon xp2000
512mb pc2100 mem
40gb harddrive
canon s820 printer
lexmark x75 printer
logitech optical mouse
lite on 40x12x48 cd-rw
generic dvd player (bundled)
winxp home
samsung 957mb
Radeon 9700 pro
erknee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 02:48 AM   #2
mAcOdIn
Radeon Evergreen

mAcOdIn is still being judged by the masses

Hmm let me take a guess here.

My theory is that you have some form of always on internet connection like DSL or cable, and in device manager in your network cards properties, under Power management you have "allow this device to bring the computer out of standby enabled". Make sure thats unchecked.
mAcOdIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2003, 04:31 AM   #3
systems
Radeon Northern Islands

systems is still being judged by the masses

Look in your BIOS for power management features. You might have "wake on lan/mouse/hard-drve" etc enabled. If you enable "wake on mouse" and walk past your computer, the vibrations can sometimes trigger the mouse and wake the machine up.
systems is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad