Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old Jul 30, 2018, 09:52 AM   #1111
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Atari 2600. One generation too retro for me!

Nothing from me this week. Not a single gaming thing. I didn't do yard sales this past weekend since my wife hurt her wrist and can't help with the little one, but even my regular thrift store stops have not been fruitful. Hoping for better luck next week.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2018, 10:02 AM   #1112
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Went to a different flea market Sunday, close to San Antonio... Tons of stuff, almost no gaming stuff worth the prices. Way too high.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2018, 11:34 AM   #1113
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Went to a different flea market Sunday, close to San Antonio... Tons of stuff, almost no gaming stuff worth the prices. Way too high.

The only way those prices will start to come down is if people refuse to pay them.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 30, 2018, 01:19 PM   #1114
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Atari 2600. One generation too retro for me!
You know, I had thought that too. I had some nostalgia for it, since it was hot when I was little, but I kindof expected the games would be too crappy to be worth playing. When I started collecting for Atari I expected it to mainly be a museum piece, but actually my kids and I really enjoy playing it.

For 80% of the library, that's probably true, but I've been really surprised that certain games really stand up well. Pac-Man is terrible, but Ms. Pac-Man is pretty great actually. Pitfall really stands up well, and Pitfall 2 is pretty amazing. Definitely more bad games than good though.

Also, the Atari controllers are pretty bad, especially for long play sessions. So I've been playing with a Genesis controller instead, and that's a massive improvement.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2018, 02:05 PM   #1115
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

The only way those prices will start to come down is if people refuse to pay them.
I couldn't believe the prices I saw for common N64 games there. Someone told me someone was selling Saturns there for $30, didn't find a damn thing Saturn related. Barely found anything but a few NES games, a couple Sega games, and tons of Wii/Wii-U/Xbox 360/PS2/PS3/PS4 games I'm not interested in.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 02:30 PM   #1116
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
You know, I had thought that too. I had some nostalgia for it, since it was hot when I was little, but I kindof expected the games would be too crappy to be worth playing. When I started collecting for Atari I expected it to mainly be a museum piece, but actually my kids and I really enjoy playing it.

For 80% of the library, that's probably true, but I've been really surprised that certain games really stand up well. Pac-Man is terrible, but Ms. Pac-Man is pretty great actually. Pitfall really stands up well, and Pitfall 2 is pretty amazing. Definitely more bad games than good though.

Also, the Atari controllers are pretty bad, especially for long play sessions. So I've been playing with a Genesis controller instead, and that's a massive improvement.
Yeah its mostly garbage though, IMO, and the controller sucks. A lot of those games were hastily developed and banked on popular licenses, or cool box art to sell them. There definitely are some good games. Like Kaboom, Pitfall, and Berzerk I really have fond memories of but in general that typical complaint rings true that they just require too much imagination to enjoy for more than a few minutes. Can't deny its iconic status though, and is my earliest memory of a home gaming console.

Quote:
I couldn't believe the prices I saw for common N64 games there. Someone told me someone was selling Saturns there for $30, didn't find a damn thing Saturn related. Barely found anything but a few NES games, a couple Sega games, and tons of Wii/Wii-U/Xbox 360/PS2/PS3/PS4 games I'm not interested in.
And sadly now is the best time to be buying those 7th console generation games. They will never be cheaper than they are right now. Have to find the hidden gems while they are still truly hidden.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 02:30 PM   #1117
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
There were a couple of vendors selling stuff way below market at California Extreme this weekend. I bought that Atari for $35, but they also had an n64 for the same price. I saw a couple of Saturns for $50. Does that mean the games market is about to crash? I don't really know, but I'm kindof lickin' my lips at the idea...

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jul 30, 2018, 02:34 PM   #1118
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
There were a couple of vendors selling stuff way below market at California Extreme this weekend. I bought that Atari for $35, but they also had an n64 for the same price. I saw a couple of Saturns for $50. Does that mean the games market is about to crash? I don't really know, but I'm kindof lickin' my lips at the idea...
I wouldn't say crashing, not yet anyways, but price corrections on a lot of stuff is definitely happening.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 02:12 PM   #1119
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

If there ever was a video game crash, I'd totally go on a spending spree! There's a number of consoles that I don't really intend to collect, but I would if the prices went low enough: colecovision, intellivision, Odysee 2, 3D0, Jaguar, Atari 5200, etc. I'd also be able to fill out my SNES collection.

I guess it helps that I'm not collecting as an investment. I keep hearing about guys who intend to sell their collections and retire, but that's not my ambition at all. Maybe someday I'll open my own gaming museum, or donate my games to an existing one.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Aug 2, 2018, 02:59 PM   #1120
Elysian
SCAATSJW

My dog ate my boxed Genesis NBA Jam the other day, so now I just have the loose cart. Thanks buddy.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 03:00 PM   #1121
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Quote:
If there ever was a video game crash, I'd totally go on a spending spree! There's a number of consoles that I don't really intend to collect, but I would if the prices went low enough: colecovision, intellivision, Odysee 2, 3D0, Jaguar, Atari 5200, etc. I'd also be able to fill out my SNES collection.

I guess it helps that I'm not collecting as an investment. I keep hearing about guys who intend to sell their collections and retire, but that's not my ambition at all. Maybe someday I'll open my own gaming museum, or donate my games to an existing one.
Same. I just like to collect, and every once in a while play some old games.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 03:10 PM   #1122
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:

Yeah, me too lol. But the fact there's still collectors like us is why the crash hasn't happened yet. A real crash only happens when virtually no one wants to buy this stuff anymore. It will eventually happen, but not until we start dying off in another 30-40 years. Kind of like what's happening to Elvis memorabilia now. That hobby is tanking big time because the collectors are literally dropping dead and there's no generation after them that cares about that crap.

What will most likely happen (its starting to happen now) is a lot of the casual and impulse collectors who jumped in a few years ago will eventually get bored of it and sell off their collections, and that will be a big enough exodus of people leaving the hobby to make a price correction. Also, some big collectors looking to buy a house and start a family have been getting out too. The correction will mainly come in the form of common games dropping in price significantly, as the hardcore collectors who are still in it probably already have those games and are out of the market for them. But the rare and sought after games, those will retain their value and/or keep climbing.

Just my theory anyways. Also, I see the 3rd and 4th generation of console collecting having a bit better staying power than the 1st and 2nd gen, simply because it was such a leap in quality and is so iconic with famously popular mascots and long lasting franchises. But those systems will also see the same fate as Atari collecting, just may take a bit longer.

Last edited by Meteor_of_War : Aug 2, 2018 at 03:15 PM.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 03:11 PM   #1123
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

As for collecting as an investment, man those people are stupid. Unless they are buying up the truly rare and expensive stuff like Stadium Events and sealed games, they are going to be in for a big surprise when they hit retirement and no one wants their old junk.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 06:56 PM   #1124
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Just got lucky today i think. I had a bunch of errands to do this morning before family stuff so hunting was pretty much off the table. However, i figured if i saw any sales along my route I'd check them. This was all gotten for $60 from the first and only sale i found. Lucky!

The two Nintendo cases were filthy, but in good condition. Should be nice after a good restoration. The games were also in good condition since they were stored in the cases for 25+ years. Cherry on top is i think pretty much every game's manual is there.

Lastly, take a look at Super Mario 3, uncommon first production run label variant.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 07:02 PM   #1125
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

This was an eBay pickup. Finally got Batman Returns to complete the NES Batman trilogy.

Old Aug 4, 2018, 07:58 PM   #1126
Elysian
SCAATSJW

I had to get lucky eventually right?

$41 for everything. Stopped at Habitat for Humanity and just happened to see this, snatched it immediately. No expansion pack in the N64, but no complaints.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 09:00 PM   #1127
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I had to get lucky eventually right?

$41 for everything. Stopped at Habitat for Humanity and just happened to see this, snatched it immediately. No expansion pack in the N64, but no complaints.
Nice deal, congrats on the score.

If you're by any chance going to sell that ice blue controller I'd be interested.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 10:43 PM   #1128
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Not planning on it, no. The stick centers nicely and isn't crunchy, so will hold on to that for sure.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 11:53 PM   #1129
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Not planning on it, no. The stick centers nicely and isn't crunchy, so will hold on to that for sure.
OK no worries. I've got an ice blue N64 I've been trying to find a matching controller for.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 07:33 PM   #1130
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Some pickups from the past few days. GameCube stuff through LetGo for $60, and PlayStation games for $2 each from Savers.

PlayStation 1 games are quickly becoming my new favorite system to collect for. I love diving into the music CD shelves at thrift stores and finding PS1 games mixed in for $2 each.
Old Aug 15, 2018, 08:08 PM   #1131
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Craigslist pick up from this afternoon. This one wasn't cheap by any means, but still way under top market value. I was in a bidding war with a reseller, so ended up paying $375. All i really wanted was those 3 SNES heavy hitters, so after i resell everything else I already have should be able to add them to my collection for super cheap or maybe even free.

Old Aug 16, 2018, 12:09 AM   #1132
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Shadowrun!!!!!

Meteor-chan plz

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2018, 08:38 AM   #1133
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Someone is selling an ice blue N64 with 2 ice blue controllers locally, but they want $140. Way too much.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 09:43 AM   #1134
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyiji View Post
Shadowrun!!!!!

Meteor-chan plz
No love for the two gems right next to it that I scored? Shadowrun is cool too though for sure I'm looking forward to trying it, never played the SNES version.

Quote:
Someone is selling an ice blue N64 with 2 ice blue controllers locally, but they want $140. Way too much.
Damn, yeah you can almost buy two of them for that price lol. Shoot them an offer anyways. Sometimes local sellers start at a high asking price anticipating to get low offers.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 10:56 AM   #1135
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
No love for the two gems right next to it that I scored? Shadowrun is cool too though for sure I'm looking forward to trying it, never played the SNES version.

Damn, yeah you can almost buy two of them for that price lol. Shoot them an offer anyways. Sometimes local sellers start at a high asking price anticipating to get low offers.
Oh I saw them :D

Too rich for my blood gai.

I just wanna partake of that cart should you decide to sell it in the future at Meteor-chans special price >:3

One of the few odd games I actually beat on SNES back in the mid-late 90's ^_^

-"---"-
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:07 AM   #1136
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Oh I saw them :D

Too rich for my blood gai.

I just wanna partake of that cart should you decide to sell it in the future at Meteor-chans special price >:3

One of the few odd games I actually beat on SNES back in the mid-late 90's ^_^
If I ever come across a duplicate you can get first dibs.

Have to say though its the first copy I've ever found.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:23 AM   #1137
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Quote:
If I ever come across a duplicate you can get first dibs.

Have to say though its the first copy I've ever found.
Seems legit :3

Swung by your game tracker hoping it was a dupe :P

Alas...

Ever since Shadowrun Returns I saw people pooping them up on ebay for a high price but I don't like ebay enough to partake.

Was entertaining the thought of a Skyblazer trade with more carts to match on your end but the ends don't justify my means at this time since it's a rare one in my collection.

Appreciate the watchful eye though

-"---"-
Old Aug 16, 2018, 11:45 AM   #1138
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Seems legit :3

Swung by your game tracker hoping it was a dupe :P

Alas...

Ever since Shadowrun Returns I saw people pooping them up on ebay for a high price but I don't like ebay enough to partake.

Was entertaining the thought of a Skyblazer trade with more carts to match on your end but the ends don't justify my means at this time since it's a rare one in my collection.

Appreciate the watchful eye though
Oh nice, I'm glad you made use of my collection tracker link. That's what its there for.

Yeah its a tough game to come by. NintendoAge has it as a 5 out of 10 on their rarity scale, so its semi-uncommon I'd say and like I said I never came across one before and I game hunt all the time. Most Ebay sales trackers say it averages one loose copy sold per day, so not terribly rare. Its really not that expensive, just set a saved search on Ebay and wait for a good deal to pop up.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 06:41 PM   #1139
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Facebook pick up from another local collector. Paid $55. Best part is Wrecking Crew had a Famicom converter! Its my first one i ever found. Isn't really valuable or anything but they are pretty rare to come across still.

Old Aug 17, 2018, 07:49 PM   #1140
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Didn't realize I left my Saturn ad up, got an email yesterday with someone who had a decent offer.

The Elevator Action and Dracula X are reproductions, everything else is legit. $200 for the lot. The Saturn itself is in better shape than the one I got at the gaming convention.