Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D)
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Distributed Computing (Team Rage3D) Home of the Team Rage3D [email protected] project. Get [email protected] info, download information, and details on how to join the Team. Team Rage3D progress updates posted here daily.

Old Jan 27, 2021, 01:15 PM   #91
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yep. In the next two months it looks like we'll be going up one more, but down another five.

To contribute to our fall down the ladder: in the meantime I'm taking an indefinite break. Save some of my GPU fan rotations as it looks like I'll need to be using it for about two years longer than anticipated.
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 01:55 PM   #92
luxor
Mendoza

luxor is still being judged by the masses

Sorry to hear this Crawdaddy79 but I understand as I also had to stop 6 months ago but the impact on the team was much less since I only have crappy hardware.
luxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2021, 02:04 PM   #93
Crawdaddy79
Radeon 8500

Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Crawdaddy79 once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxor View Post
Sorry to hear this Crawdaddy79 but I understand as I also had to stop 6 months ago but the impact on the team was much less since I only have crappy hardware.
My impact is less than before as well. I don't know why but I almost completely stopped getting the 1.5M PPD WUs, but it was still normal to get 1.2M PPD WUs - nevermind the 1.8M unicorns that sometimes came my way.

When I quit it was after getting three days' worth of (mostly) sub-750k PPD WUs. Because of the CUDA optimizations, nVidia folders are much more efficient, and at that point I felt like I was burning through my PC's lifecycle for not a good enough reason. Here's to hoping for a GPU oversupply and a massive price drop on hardware. :cheers:
Crawdaddy79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jan 27, 2021, 04:54 PM   #94
Loser-P
Radeon HD 4850

Loser-P can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyLoser-P can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I also stopped last month since I moved and no longer need too heat my bedroom with my computer. Also electricity was included in my rent at the last place much to my landlords dismay and I don't really want to pay the electric bill for folding.

Side note: In the last 2 months that I was folding I got 149,790,656 points which is about 1/3rd my point total from the last 15 years.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 07:49 PM   #95
Jimby
Captain Manches

Jimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badgesJimby doesn't need no stinkin' badges

I myself will have to cut back starting next week as the hydro rates go back up.
Jimby is offline   Reply With Quote