Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jul 2, 2013, 09:03 PM   #8881
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Quickstrike
Verification Required.

Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Quickstrike once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
you just purchased this game?, it's on it's last legs, once bf4 comes it's as good as dead
I bought it last winter, but haven't really started playing it until now.

Got about 20 hours logged into it atm. Enjoyed those 20 hours far more than I ever did playing Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 - games that cost double what I paid for the premium edition of BF3.

Main PC : Intel Core i7 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, ASUS P8P67 Pro, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1866-DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 Boost, Sound Blaster Zx, Klipsch 5.1 Ultras, Samsung 256GB 840 Pro SSD, 8TB Seagate Archive, 6TB WD Black, 4TB HGST, 3.0TB Seagate x 2, 1.5TB Seagate x 2, Corsair AX850W PSU, Cooler Master HAF 932, 21" NEC [email protected]

HTPC : Intel Core i5 3570K, CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo, Asus Maximus V Gene, 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1600-DDR3, ASUS 5850 Direct CU, Crucial M4 256GB SSD, Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750W, Silverstone SG09B.

Virtual Server : Intel Core2Quad Q6600, Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme, Gigabyte P35-DS3R, 16GB OCZ DDR2, eVGA 8800GTX, 74GB Raptor, 500GB Seagate x 4, Intel Ethernet port x 4, Silverstone TJ06.

Last edited by Quickstrike : Jul 2, 2013 at 09:12 PM.
Quickstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2013, 02:46 AM   #8882
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

oh damn, type 88 is horrible...
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2013, 03:03 PM   #8883
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

M60 kills very very fast. With IR scope, it is bordering on OP i think.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:19 PM   #8884
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Been playing this all weekend with one of my sixteen year old daughters, she's addicted! One thing I hope they do with BF4 is make it easier to be on the same team, when you join as friends from battlelog. She loves epicenter and azadi palace and seine crossing.
t0adp1p3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2013, 11:21 PM   #8885
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Yeah, playing with friends is kind of annoying when wanting to be on the same team. But because i mainly play with larger player maps people are always coming and going so i find its easier to just switch teams when they dont place you n the same team.
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 06:41 PM   #8886
Riptide
Avtomat Kalashnikova 1947

Riptide is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder squirrel View Post
Use one of the bolt action rifles with straight pull bolt and 12x scope. Don't try and sit in one spot with it either. Move side to side constantly- in and out of cover.
I kind of prefer being on the move which is why I've been wanting to use the "best" semi auto. Low-medium range engagements with only 2-3 shots max needed to take a target, preferably 1-2. Sitting long range up on a hill or crane or whatever is just boring to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
PDW are good for close range, so keep that in mind when moving about the map. Silencer is good if you keep moving.
They are good at that but when playing recon more or less like a normal infantryman and moving from point to point I would like something with more knockdown and range than the P90.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
for "raping", sniper rifles is probably the hardest in recon class, shotguns and P90/ASVAL/etc are recommended by me. Use the sensors (TUGS) and spawn beacon to your advantage.
Problem I'm having is that I don't care to go for long range stuff and so have been playing it more like a normal infantry guy which is more fun to me. The semi autos I've used so far at least (L88) with the optics for low-medium range don't dominate well. I can't do as good even with the higher power shots as I could with an assault rifle. I keep getting into situations where the other guy is close enough he can get me with his assault rifle before I can get the 3 shots on him to stop him. Or I end up at just the right range where he's moving around quick bunny hopping and I can't get a good shot at him through the optics - but I'm still to far off to switch off the scope.
Quote:
oh damn, type 88 is horrible...
I haven't been real impressed so far. I like the 2-3 shot kill power but I can't seem to get much advantage out of it for the above mentioned reasons. I may be going about this totally wrong or I may just flat suck at this class. Dunno.
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2013, 07:17 PM   #8887
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

The M417 (and other auto snipers) is quite good with the laser and kobra sight. Kills in 3, and fires about just as fast as you can click. EDIT: By type 88 i meant the machine gun, not the sniper rifle.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 09:18 PM   #8888
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

I wouldn't use any of the sniper rifles for anything but medium-long/ long range. The best you could hope for close range is to accidentally headshot some noob as you panic when he runs into the room with you.

One of the other classes weapons will probably serve you better. The M416 with heavy barrel/ fore grip/ holo (circle and dot reticule) is an all around good weapon, close to semi long range.

Old Jul 7, 2013, 11:42 PM   #8889
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

short range sniping is a pain if you get suppressed, can't hit anything
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2013, 01:10 AM   #8890
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
short range sniping is a pain if you get suppressed, can't hit anything
this is how i deal with it:

-scope in, see person
-mentally remember where he is
-they open fire first, your screen goes blurry/shaking
-twitch (like COD or CSS) to where they were and fire, the bullet always goes there, it is just a matter of hitting them.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 09:06 AM   #8891
Riptide

How do you unlock the M417?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Jul 8, 2013, 12:03 PM   #8892
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
How do you unlock the M417?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat
It is part of close quarters expansion pack. You need 10 motions sensor assists (just put a motion sensor near a choke point in metro) and capture 20 flags in regular conquest mode.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 06:30 PM   #8893
wonder squirrel
Godlike

wonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete strangerwonder squirrel once held a door open for a complete stranger

Anyone else have to change the Battlelog settings every time they go to play? If I don't play for like 24 hours, or I close Battlelog, I have to each time go and set map, game size, mode, and region. I thought this was fixed ages ago?

Old Jul 8, 2013, 06:34 PM   #8894
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Anyone else have to change the Battlelog settings every time they go to play? If I don't play for like 24 hours, or I close Battlelog, I have to each time go and set map, game size, mode, and region. I thought this was fixed ages ago?

Yeah same. Shits me.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 09:56 PM   #8895
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

t0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresht0adp1p3 kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:

me too.
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:30 PM   #8896
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

for months now i have been using the history tab. i have several servers for each major game type i frequent, and through history, i can see which ones are more busy and which ones are a ghost town. it doesn;t work as well if you play on completely servers on every session; i have about 10 overall i frequent...
Old Jul 8, 2013, 10:58 PM   #8897
wonder squirrel
Godlike

I'll give that a go then. I usually play about 5 different servers regularly.

Old Jul 9, 2013, 04:49 AM   #8898
Beak
Radeon Northern Islands

Location: United States BuRp!!! Dey Dont make CheeKins likE day uSed TA!!
Beak is still being judged by the masses

History tab id almost loose all the cool server i play on without it.

Ump-45 you can level it up with all classes cobra RDs + tact light or laser and i like the flash supressor not to overkill bullit damage to much. Ive a 4 star rating with it and it kills people even as recon especially when you blind people up close.
Beak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 05:06 AM   #8899
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

better battlelog will let you save your settings

http://getbblog.com/en/
Old Jul 9, 2013, 02:50 PM   #8900
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Quote:

Its been happening more as of late, but not that frequent. At least once twice a week tho.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 04:03 PM   #8901
wonder squirrel
Godlike

So the game crashed today, hard locked the computer. I restart and IE gives the option to restore last session. All the battlelog settings are there, except its not logged me in

Battlelog troll successful.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 05:16 PM   #8902
Riptide

Quote:
It is part of close quarters expansion pack. You need 10 motions sensor assists (just put a motion sensor near a choke point in metro) and capture 20 flags in regular conquest mode.
Never used TUGS before and don't play metro.

How do I get motion sensor assists? On Firestorm?
Sapphire Radeon VII
Samsung 960 EVO 1TB
Old Jul 9, 2013, 05:18 PM   #8903
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:

Fly the mav over the populated areas and keep it alive or drop it on the warehouses and hope nobody kills it.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 08:04 PM   #8904
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

Quote:

Just put it down ANYWHERE where people die and you get assists. It automatically "spots" people in its range and puts them on the minimap.

Or fly/leave the mav somewhere, but I like the TUGS better for some reason.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 08:17 PM   #8905
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Quote:
Just put it down ANYWHERE where people die and you get assists. It automatically "spots" people in its range and puts them on the minimap.

Or fly/leave the mav somewhere, but I like the TUGS better for some reason.
t-ugs can be put in obscure areas, like amongst boxes or above containers. It has a better chance to survive because it's not as easy to find when players hear the beep sound. I prefer the mav because it's mobile, and can still kill people with dive runs
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:15 PM   #8906
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Since win8.1 are any of you having an issue where its not going fullscreen? Ive tried latest NV betas and official but same issue. Tried alt enter and it just goes to a smaller windowed screen. If i do it enough times it just maxes out to fullscreen windowed.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 01:27 AM   #8907
t0adp1p3
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Since win8.1 are any of you having an issue where its not going fullscreen? Ive tried latest NV betas and official but same issue. Tried alt enter and it just goes to a smaller windowed screen. If i do it enough times it just maxes out to fullscreen windowed.
Works fine here. are you sure windowed is unchecked in options? are you running any remote access software? if so turn it off? try double clicking the window?

Last edited by t0adp1p3 : Oct 20, 2013 at 01:31 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 01:39 AM   #8908
Megaman
Packing heat!

Megaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshMegaman kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Quote:
Originally Posted by **G.I.BRO** View Post
Try closing a few background apps on the bottom right corner. When I use Samsung Magician, it stops me running BF3 in full window mode until I kill it.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:17 AM   #8909
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Hmmm... ill try but its off of a fresh 8.1 install and there's only 3-4 basic ones, win8 never did this but who knows let me see if that works.
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:27 AM   #8910
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Well slap my ass and call me charlie... its was teamviewer that was giving me this issue. It wasnt showing the task icon so i didnt realize it was running, now that i corrected that i exit the program and its now proper full screens!

Cheers guys, +reps!