Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:37 AM   #571
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
KAC
That postcount though...

KAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialKAC is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scart View Post
Dude, what?
I just disregard acid comments as all he spews is nonsense on these forums.
KAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:01 PM   #572
pradvan
Sla

pradvan is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraven View Post
BC2 doesn't come close to BF1942, BF2, BF2142. I bought BC2 when it was released expecting the same style of gameplay, but it was a huge step back imo. Hoping BF3 will go back to the big open gameplay.
BC2 has one thing all of those games didn't: tanks didn't get stuck on white picket fences.

The more advanced hardware gets, the better the game engine gets, the bigger and more open ended the game will get. We're basically starting from the beginning
pradvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 05:34 PM   #573
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Default LAN SUPPORT VOTE

Hey all.

If this has been posted already I don't care. Just want to bump it so that more people will vote.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/b...an-suppot.html

Vote on LAN SUPPORT!!!
Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 9, 2011, 05:55 PM   #574
sittal
Radeon Arctic Islands

sittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultysittal can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

god yes

Learn to embed videos in your posts, highlight text, and even post code!
sittal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 06:40 PM   #575
pradvan
Sla

how is a poll with ~100 votes supposed to convince a company to spend a month of development time to add lan?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 08:33 PM   #576
Uber_Tiny

Uber_Tiny is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradvan View Post
how is a poll with ~100 votes supposed to convince a company to spend a month of development time to add lan?
Poll start date - 03-04-2011 Which is actually 04-03-11, EA just likes to be different.

Uber_Tiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:40 PM   #577
dmanna
Radeon Northern Islands

dmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultydmanna can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by demowhc View Post
I dont think this guy knows you need to join a squad and spawn on teh front line in Rush.. If anything the maps are too tight and small in BC2.
yep.. dude BC2 is crazy action packed. Sometimes to chaotic. Its all also the best MP shooter I have played. For me anyway.

If there is a cool SP campaign why is that a bad thing? It would be separate teams working on each mode so.. I doubt it would have any effect on the MP. Obviously the bread and butter of BF is the MP and that will still be the case but the SP is always good to have. Especially if they can actually make the story good and engaging which is pretty hard to do in a FPS.
dmanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:41 PM   #578
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Hopefully the SP campaign has 4 player coop mode.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:52 PM   #579
Sasquach
2/10 will not bang

Sasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badgesSasquach doesn't need no stinkin' badges

Quote:
Hopefully the SP campaign has 4 player coop mode.
i would love to see a return of co-op.

And having a 4 man single player squad would be awesome.
Zalman CNPS9900LED on AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.2ghz
Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P
4gb Patriot Viper Series Low Latency DDR3 1600
8gb Patriot Gamer 2 series Performance DDR3 1600
Dell E2210 (22" widescreen) monitor + AMD Radeon R9 290
Western Digital Caviar Black 500gb 7200RPM SATA
Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
Sennheiser PC350 Xense edition on Asus Xonar Xense
Sasquach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:59 PM   #580
demo
space cadet

demo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bounddemo can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquach View Post
i would love to see a return of co-op.

And having a 4 man single player squad would be awesome.
I was gutted they didnt release it for BC2

ArmA2, GRAW, CoD:WaW, GoW were all awesome in coop, more games need it imo.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:33 AM   #581
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

acidosmosis is still being judged by the masses

17 minute reveal in 7 days (April 17).

I'm getting kind of worried here. The single player is looking more and more like Call of Duty. These guns appear very toy like an unrealistic. The graphics are amazing. They are introducing some great new things like the shells falling at the end. The problem is, I don't want to play Call of Duty. I'm not looking for a Bad Company 3 here. I want nothing to do with Bad Company whatsoever. Everyone that is excited about this game are the types of gamers that don't care about Call of Duty and weren't happy with Bad Company 2. Everyone wants Battlefield 3.

I guess I'll be able to judge better when more MP information is released.

Last edited by acidosmosis : Apr 10, 2011 at 12:35 AM.
acidosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:37 AM   #582
demo
space cadet

I predict this game is gonna get so built up that it will be a major disappointment and have Vietnam and MoH written all over it.. maybe..
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:40 AM   #583
Chubz
Doomer

Chubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird singsChubz knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
I predict this game is gonna get so built up that it will be a major disappointment and have Vietnam and MoH written all over it.. maybe..
I have the same feeling..

And I agree with you acid. I feel the same way. I'm a huge BF fan and I really hope they don't disappoint us. I'm tired of this CoD-style stuff we've been fed thus far.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:58 AM   #584
orph'eus
Jedi Knight

orph'eus is still being judged by the masses

im not too worried...yet :P

I doubt that the single player footage we have seen will be anything like the MP.
orph'eus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:22 AM   #585
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by orph'eus View Post
im not too worried...yet :P

I doubt that the single player footage we have seen will be anything like the MP.
The guns will be though. That's not going to change.

Honestly, as crazy as it sounds the happiest I've been with guns in any Battlefield game to date is Play 4 Free. I know, right? But they just feel nicer and not so plastic and the hit detection feels SO much more accurate. Except the occasional hits where it thinks I got a head shot when I at least don't think I did. I mean I'm so feeling the guns in P4F that I am INCREDIBLY accurate. I've gotten scores of 14:1 with pistols from long range shots in the game. I guess you could say the guns are too accurate, but just like all the FPS titles, not everyone is that good at P4F. I sucked at BF2 cause of the hit detection.

What really urks me about Episode 3 is the player firing that machine gun without ever letting off. The gun never overheats. His accuracy doesn't suffer with very long sustained fire. I can't imagine that anyone besides Rambo can handle that weapon that way. He isn't even in a crouched or prone position. He's just standing there like he's Dolph Lundgren.

Last edited by acidosmosis : Apr 10, 2011 at 01:25 AM.
acidosmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:27 AM   #586
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

From all the developers out there, dice seems to be the least out of touch with the pc gaming community, I think they'll deliver and awesome mp experience.
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:44 AM   #587
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled withtheshadowcult is not someone to be trifled with

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidosmosis View Post
The guns will be though. That's not going to change.

Honestly, as crazy as it sounds the happiest I've been with guns in any Battlefield game to date is Play 4 Free. I know, right? But they just feel nicer and not so plastic and the hit detection feels SO much more accurate. Except the occasional hits where it thinks I got a head shot when I at least don't think I did. I mean I'm so feeling the guns in P4F that I am INCREDIBLY accurate. I've gotten scores of 14:1 with pistols from long range shots in the game. I guess you could say the guns are too accurate, but just like all the FPS titles, not everyone is that good at P4F. I sucked at BF2 cause of the hit detection.

What really urks me about Episode 3 is the player firing that machine gun without ever letting off. The gun never overheats. His accuracy doesn't suffer with very long sustained fire. I can't imagine that anyone besides Rambo can handle that weapon that way. He isn't even in a crouched or prone position. He's just standing there like he's Dolph Lundgren.
That's one of my gripes from BC2 as well, the medics can run and shoot the light machine guns even at the hip and still be accurate. When they should be used for suppression and backup only...
Feather_Of_A_Phoenix: Nah I think it's utterly ridiculous when I invalidate someones very existence and they get mad at me. Like the **** I was just attacking an integral part of you! Why you gotta get mad at me?
theshadowcult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2011, 01:48 AM   #588
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tork64 View Post
From all the developers out there, dice seems to be the least out of touch with the pc gaming community, I think they'll deliver and awesome mp experience.
They seem to know that not everyone wants a FPS where you can't get a second away from bullets flying past your head and having to constantly fire in every direction to save your life only to die 15 seconds later.

I hate those games. At least BF2 and some of the other BF titles let you be sneaky or strategic. It's impossible in a game like CoD other than "This is a good spot for sniping" and "This is a good spot for waiting on a player to walk up without noticing you immediately".
Old Apr 11, 2011, 05:10 AM   #589
VVanks
Gentlemen Please...

VVanks is still being judged by the masses

I don't understand how the game will be a disappointment. The worst it'll be is bad company 2 on frostbite 2 engine. BF gameplay is tried and true, what could go wrong?
VVanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 08:39 AM   #590
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

I wonder if the new engine will fix the little sniper range bug the one where you aiming at someone a mile off and can see them clearly but in reality there is actually a mountain ridge in front of them.
CoolNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 11:10 AM   #591
H001iGAN
Orzysz

H001iGAN is still being judged by the masses

yea they have to fix the lod issues, for example when you can clearly see people that think they're hiding behind stuff, but the stuff only appears when you get close, like fences/crates and other stuff
H001iGAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:16 PM   #592
pradvan
Sla

Quote:
Originally Posted by H001iGAN View Post
yea they have to fix the lod issues, for example when you can clearly see people that think they're hiding behind stuff, but the stuff only appears when you get close, like fences/crates and other stuff
Holy crap - i didn't know that was possible!

So people with better systems actually get penalized. Great

That explains why a lot of times it feels like people are wall hacking when they're not wall hacking
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:19 PM   #593
dawdler
Radeon Caribbean Islands

dawdler is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
That's one of my gripes from BC2 as well, the medics can run and shoot the light machine guns even at the hip and still be accurate. When they should be used for suppression and backup only...
Well if we are lucky, maybe DICE come to their senses for once and realize they had a working solution for this in BF2142 with the inverse cone of fire. Such a simple change that completely fixed the issue of run and gun.

But I doubt it.

Overall I like the weapon implementation in BC2, its just right for epic warfare feel of bullets flying everywhere (you can easily see it in the overhead view of any given map).
dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 01:46 PM   #594
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawdler View Post
Overall I like the weapon implementation in BC2, its just right for epic warfare feel of bullets flying everywhere (you can easily see it in the overhead view of any given map).
You can do that with sound. I don't believe that most Battlefield fans want that. They want large maps. That Quake-esque dying every 15 seconds chaos deathmath stuff is for the smaller maps. It's nice to have the option to have small, medium or large maps. So if you want chaos, you can have it depending on what you choose in the server browser. Which is nice.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 02:40 PM   #595
bob saget
Stage 5 ultra-athiest

bob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputationbob saget has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
really? i dont find that. maybe at point blank, only.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11, 2011, 02:54 PM   #596
acidosmosis
Mispacio Rodriguez

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
really? i dont find that. maybe at point blank, only.
Probably right, but when you're the guy getting shot at half a second after coming around a corner and getting nailed by some guy shooting a MG from the hip, it can really piss you off. Especially when you're packing an assault rifle and placed 5-6 perfect hits in his chest right before you die. Then you're the guy with the MG shooting from the hip next time and just unload on some guy coming from around a corner 8 feet away and he ends up nailing you instead.

I swear that's the worst part about an FPS.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 09:49 AM   #597
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

CoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete strangerCoolNitro once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradvan View Post
Holy crap - i didn't know that was possible!

So people with better systems actually get penalized. Great

That explains why a lot of times it feels like people are wall hacking when they're not wall hacking
I think it affects all players no matter what settings you are on as H001iGAN said its an issue with level of detail at med to long ranges the game culls textures and terrain modeling so quite often a sniper can see you past a wall or hillside but may not be able to hit you because there is actually a wall there.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 11:27 AM   #598
pradvan
Sla

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNitro View Post
I think it affects all players no matter what settings you are on as H001iGAN said its an issue with level of detail at med to long ranges the game culls textures and terrain modeling so quite often a sniper can see you past a wall or hillside but may not be able to hit you because there is actually a wall there.
I haven't experienced that myself. Wierd
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:12 PM   #599
CoolNitro
Radeon Volcanic Islands

I was reading that the engine supports up to 256 players but dice think it would be no fun with 128 vs 128.

To be honest if they were to just enable that amount of players on a standard map then sure it wouldn't be fun but after 2 minutes of thinking about it even I could come up with a good solution for it though it would require a complete overhaul of maps.

Say a conquest cap point would have multiple sub cap areas that require people to be within those areas to cap the main location, its simple and requires breaking down of the amount of people in one location so you don't have a massive cluster feck of people standing on one small cap point.

Lets just hope they allow modding some time after it's out.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:24 PM   #600
Perky McGiggles
I see what you did there

Perky McGiggles is still being judged by the masses

If they allow modding than it's irrelevant how they feel. Modders will create 256 player maps, and they will thrive. Unfortunately, I doubt Dice has the balls to do what it originally did in 1942.
name, so sayeth the Lord.
- Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8
Perky McGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote