Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

AMD Radeon Software Discussion and Support Discussion and Technical support forum for AMD's Radeon Software.

Old Apr 16, 2008, 11:23 AM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
sygnus21
Single card only :)

sygnus21 is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanstern View Post
Before the catalyst 8.3 & hotfix came out, I was getting VPU recovers. Now with 8.3 & hotfix it no longer recovers, certain games just stop responding...Im hoping a future driver will fix this, as its getting OLD!
Agreed! I can't even use those hot fix drivers as they hard lock my computer while gaming. 8.3's work well for me.
sygnus21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 11:33 AM   #32
Supramanz

Supramanz is still being judged by the masses

I signed up just to comment on this problem which I have.

I think the problem lies in the power saving features on the card.

When you are in windows the clock goes down to just over 300mhz. When you are in a game it jumps to the full clock speed. I have a HD3870 Sapphire. So it goes from 297mhz at idle to 777mhz when a 3d app starts.

I think that this system is what causes the problem. I am going to try to lock the clock at a constant 777 tonight with ATI TRAY to disable the power save/ATI Overdrive style control.

Also I think the more you push the card the more likely it will happen. Or so it seems. HAWX at 1200x*** resolution never did this. I upped it to 1680x*** and the problem seemed to start. There is no choppyness in gameplay at all. I notice you can see a slight free in graphics when it happens. Which kinda makes me think that the clock speed changes maybe for a split second causing a disruption.

Let me know if im on the right track. Im trying this tonight.
Supramanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 04:26 PM   #33
skyguy
Radeon R600

skyguy is still being judged by the masses

You need to rma your vidcard. Swap out a vidcard and you'll see.
skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Apr 22, 2009, 04:40 PM   #34
Supramanz

Supramanz is still being judged by the masses

you think so? I reinstalled Vista. It hasn't done it since! But i get a black screen entering HAWX in DX10 mode...sometimes.
Supramanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:29 PM   #35
Hippo
Radeon HD 5850

Hippo is still being judged by the masses

i had this same issue, for the last like 2 months i was thinking it was bad overclocks and such but since it happened on stock clocks something was wrong. so i started pulling memory out in pairs on one pair it crashed, on the other it didn't crash. so i basically narrowed ti down to one stick and got the ram rma'ed, and now i can play source games!!!!

2 notes....the crash was only happening in Source games for me
and this thread is a year old